MI6 Community - Four years old today

Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
edited February 2015 in MI6 Headlines & Feedback Posts: 13,350
Today marks one year since the MI6 Community was launched on 13th March 2011.

So congratulations on your first anniversary!

It's amazing to think it's been that long already and looking back it's been quite a ride.

The community has gone through a lot since that first day and I honestly hope that, hand on heart, no matter all the people who left during that initial period and everything that’s gone on since then and still goes on today, those who pulled the trigger on the new MI6 feel it was truly worthwhile and are happy with the outcome. If they honestly are and that is the case, then well done and I’m very happy for all involved. I may only have a small idea but boy, I sure know a lot of work's gone into this new forum.

We've built quite the community over the last year and I have really enjoyed being part of that growth. The community has gone from strength to strength. With the Skyfall announcement on the 3rd November, the number of visitors and members online really took off and has stayed at that more constant level since then, even though the forum was down during the ‘Live Blog’. Hopefully that can be avoided in future. :)

From shakey starts and uncertain beginnings, I'm proud to say long live MI6, as I hope this next year is even bigger and better than the first as I don't plan on going anywhere.

Thanks once again and Happy Anniversary!

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Happy Anniversary ! I had great fun during the past year, some great discussions, debates... at first I was a bit sad that the old forums had disappeared, but that feeling went away when I saw how cool the new community was, with the old and new members ! Well done to MI6, and here's to another year ! <:-P
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,896
    Congrats, MI6! I've only been here since October, but it's become an addiction! A big thanks to all those involved in getting this forum up and running. Many more great years to come! :-bd
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Thanks Sam for posting this, usually one of the mods notices anniversaries and we do something relevent. Not this time and it's the biggie.

It was certainly a dodgy start. We lost the old KTBEU forums that had been our home for so long and unfortunately many great members left feeling disillusioned by the change. Sad that James couldn't really give any warnings or explain what really happened. Had that been the case he would have received more sympathy than criticism I'm sure.

However as Sam says we have grown and the new community has a friendly and positive vibe (and it feels like a proper James Bond discussion forum rather than a Star Trek forum as the old one began to feel. ;) )

Thank you to everyone for your continued support. roll on Skyfall.

Well done all .A tough and slow beginning with a lot of hard work creating or transferring all the old threads but a new membership 'clan' has arisen and MI6 continues to flourish,getting bigger all the time.

We should all pat ourselves on the back,when the chips were down we all dragged it back up to the standard it is now !!
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 940
    Happy Anniversary! A big well done and thanks to all those behind the scenes. There's no better Bond site. Took a little adjusting, but I certainly believe the site is far better and refreshing the way it is nowadays. Shame we lost many good folk at the start but there's a nice community around at least and things are only going to continue to get better in the months ahead. Bring on Skyfall.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Mr Page's pages remain the best a Bond forum - any Bond forum can offer. Truly a wonderful achievement. Yeah sure, we missed the old forum at first. But right now, I'm pleased with the final results. Here's to one year of quality!

anniversary_1.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Has it been a year allready? Congratulation MI6.

drunk+n+out+malay.jpg

Now if we get the party started now, I can be flying 18 sheets to the wind by oh *checks watch* it's 14:20 now, so.... 15:30.
    There's no doubt here is the best Bond Forum in the world.

I sometimes miss the old forum and sometimes find the new one much better ... As always, there's pros and cons.

Anyway, I enjoy every time I browse here - so : happy anniversary and thanks to all of you for your discoveries, your opinions, your alerts, ...
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    NicNac wrote:
    Thanks Sam for posting this.

No worries. I thought it was worth posting if only to show how I feel about things one year on. It may be a year for the Community but it's been over ten years for the forum as a whole, so today isn't really that big when you think about it and I did wonder if it was worth posting about at all when I started writing.

I am glad with the turnout of this thread and it seems many still do hold this place in high esteem. Very gratifying for Mr. Page and the many others I hope. It's funny looking back at those early threads. So much anger, it's all quite funny now, really.

As many have said already, bring on Skyfall and thanks again to MI6.
    Congratulations on surviving what has been an occasionally uncertain first year, during which (as has always been the case with MI6), a handful of great members put in great effort to keep things afloat. I know, due to my own personal forum preferences, I'm not exactly one of those members, but it's still good to drop in occasionally and catch up with the opinions of several people for whom I still have a lot of respect.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    congratulations to all involved
    That already a year? Congratulations you lot, good to see you're doing fine!
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Thanks for the spot @Samuel001 - we totally blanked on this anniversary!

Maybe that's a good sign... Time flies when you're having fun :) It's hard to grasp that it's been a year since the big flip - community, main website and magazine relaunch. But it's not a week any of us would like to go back to, I'm sure. The upside is that, as I'm sure you've all noticed, things have been a lot smoother since and output and productivity is way up (website traffic higher than ever before, more new members joining, 5 magazine issues in under a year...)

A big thanks to the mods and members who have steered this new place in a great direction!

Congratulations! I keep thining I'm going to take a hiatus...need to get to work! Need to this and that! But Mi6 Community keeps calling me back. You guys must be doing something right! lol. Anyhow it's been fun and I've been really pleased with the level of discourse and respect from all the members. Things continue to stay lively and interesting. Here's to many more years to come!
    Congrats to all, hope the next year will be even better than the first - It has been good to have proper Bond conversations with other Bond fans
    Congratulations and happy b-day.
    This is really nice place to talk and discuss not only Bond movies but everything else too.
    Happy b-day :) :-bd
    <:-P
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    What an occasion. I had been a Bond lover for a while, and always wanted a place to start discussing the character and the media surrounding him with other fans. Then MI6 barreled into my desktop window and I jumped in. I'm glad that I joined the community to this day. I have no idea what happened with the other forum, but all the greetings here from the mods and old members alike have been in the utmost of kindness. I feel comfortable coming to the community because I know I won't be burned at the stake for not liking the Moore era or for liking QoS. I respect those that helm MI6, who keep the site pumping, and who allow us all to discuss freely and give us great news on all things Bond. The future is uncertain, but as soon as there is Bond and this community, I will be here standing side by side with all of you. Thanks for all the memories thus far ladies and gents. You've made this little anniversary a very special one. :)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Congratulations and well done, to all invloved in making Mi6 community what it is.
    Only through the continued support of all involved, does this forum continue to grow, attract new members (and some old ones), and give us all the best place to relax and discuss all things Bond.
    It's an honour to be part of it.
    One year down, here is to many, many more.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited March 2012 Posts: 2,629
    Happy Anniversary Us. A great place to visit and to have great conversations. Let's stay the course.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Funny, we're still standing, with many members, plenty of discussion, about Bond no less... Can't say that about every Bond forum!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Happy Anniversary, all. Real shame I haven't been around the boards as much lately, but it's always a pleasure to return from time to time.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    man has it only been that long?... it seems like forever already.

happy 1 year anniversary to the new forum.. and hope it remains a staple for some time yet to come.
  • nick_007nick_007 Ville Marie
    Time really does fly, eh?

One year down, hopefully many to go! A hearty thanks to the staff for creating this place and the members for always giving me some good stuff to read! :)
    Luds wrote:
    Funny, we're still standing, with many members, plenty of discussion,<b> about Bond no less</b>... Can't say that about every Bond forum!

So true...

The level of enthusiasm for the series cannot be matched anywhere else. Looking forward to many, many more extended 007 conversations.
  • A little late here but..Congratulations all! It's been a fun time. It was rough at the beginning with so many people leaving and losing all the old posts but this community seems back on track and strong as ever.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    A year? Seriously? It seems like yesterday!

Happy anniversary then, MI6 Community! :)
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited March 2012 Posts: 1,347
    Time flies..

Happy anniversary to my favorite community!

414829.jpg
    (I just met them down by the pool and when I told them about this big day for MI6, they decided to join in on a toast!)
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Good job Disco. Nothing stronger than orange juice, though?
    Time flies..

Happy anniversary to my favorite community!

414829.jpg
    (I just met them down by the pool and when I told them about this big day for MI6, they decided to join in on a toast!)

Now thats my kind of MI6 party! :x
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Time flies..
    414829.jpg

Disco has somehow managed to project my thoughts..