MI6 Community - Four years old today

Comments

The odd troll aside, a great, friendly site with nice people and good mods
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well, I guess I'm one of the oldtimers. Bin here, well, first on the old one since, i guess, 2006 or something. Anyway, pull out the scotch (that's me), poor some cocktails, and have some proper fun!

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I was part of the old site and I remember trying to get on the page but it couldn't be found. I remember having to get my Bond fix from the other site and then a few old members from the old mi6 contacted me about joining their new website that they had just set up but I remember it looking somewhat bland and naturally lacking activity. I can't believe I'm only asking this now but was there any specific reason why the old site was closed or was it down to a simple upgrade? Either way, to quote Connery, I'm delighted to be here.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    doubleoego wrote:
    I was part of the old site and I remember trying to get on the page but it couldn't be found. I remember having to get my Bond fix from the other site and then a few old members from the old mi6 contacted me about joining their new website that they had just set up but I remember it looking somewhat bland and naturally lacking activity. I can't believe I'm only asking this now but was there any specific reason why the old site was closed or was it down to a simple upgrade? Either way, to quote Connery, I'm delighted to be here.

Christ those were dark days weren't they? Clicking on MI6 and getting redirected to C*******rBond.com and think this site was gone for good.

Well done to all involved for making the new site what is today (well apart from the Nikki Van Der Zyl thing - come on you can't expect the Wizard just to hand out compliments without at least some qualification?)
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Wow, 2 years has passed by fast! I remember like yesterday the first day i saw this forum and was quite devastated, devastated to realize that everything from the old forum was lost. But i gave this place a chance, and now. Well, i can't get enough from this place!

Happy anniversary!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    doubleoego wrote:

Christ those were dark days weren't they? Clicking on MI6 and getting redirected to C*******rBond.com and think this site was gone for good.

Well done to all involved for making the new site what is today (well apart from the Nikki Van Der Zyl thing - come on you can't expect the Wizard just to hand out compliments without at least some qualification?)

Dark days indeed. Everything was fine, went on holiday for a week and then came back to nothingness.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Have a look at the original discussions from March 2011 @doubleoego that should tell you all you need to know.
    I saw what occured the other night. Decided to have a look at things although with no real intent to participate, and the MI6 pages were in total disarray. It was sad to see, all because of one or two dumb f-ing idiots and the posting of some highly questionable material. However, they were soon disposed of, as with their garbage little bits and pieces, and we are now back to some normality. I do hope such as what was witnessed will never occur again on these pages and this forum can remain open for all ages to enjoy and not be spoilt or tarnished by the, or any, aforementioned idiots or future attacks. Thanks to the relevant authority figures in making the MI6 pages clean again and free of garbage, but it has to be said, regardless of those moronic incidents and what we have seen before, by one or two sorry individuals, I feel I have lost interest on these pages in recent times. I simply don't get the enjoyment I once did participating, and I feel I shouldn't elaborate, but there's one or two things or areas that have become an issue. I hope I can get back the enthusiasm I once had but I have seriously considered just dropping out for good due to one or two things in recent times. It wasn't just to do with the recent attacks or previous profane nonsense

In any event, I do feel this is the best James Bond fan site available, always have, and for the most part, have enjoyed my time, but thought it was maybe older than two years old ? Appears there was another forum before this that is now defunct and this took over ? Can only say let's keep this forum alive and well and looking forward to another two years - and more - of talking about James Bond and all it entails
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Congrats, MI6! Gee, already two years in the new digs. Many more to come, I'm sure. Creating an account here is the second best decision I've ever made- second only to my decision to watch my first Bond film years ago, of course! ;) Keep up the good work, all admin and moderators- and of course, all members for their versatile and valued contributions.
    EmoticonMARTINI.png
    Hands down the best James Bond forum on the internet. Although I have recently joined I absolutely love this site and I have been welcomed by all of you guys and a big thanks to that. I feel free to discuss my opinion and I hope this forum keeps going.
    Happy 2 year anniversary! <:-P I thought it had been around alot longer than that to be honest! Well i am here to stay that's for sure! It's great to have the conversations we do on all matter of topics! Long may it continue! :D
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    And it will, @RogueAgent, provided we have great members, such as yourself, flooding the place with such enormous enthusiasm. :-)

Thanks all!
  • I have only been a member for a few months but I am a regular vistor and frequently look over this forum. It is the greatest unimaginable pleasure to be in converse with other Bond fans. Happy Anniversary MI6. May you have many more old chap.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Today marks three years since the MI6 Community was launched on 13th March 2011.

To read my original post from 2012, go to page one.

Congratulations once again on your third anniversary!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Happy Birthday, MI6 Community! It's a well deserved birthday, and many thanks to all of the moderators who keep this place running and the loyal members who make this place an entertaining place to constantly return to!
    Wooo hoooo ! <:-P Congratulations. Here's to 100 more !
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Happy Birthday MI6 Community.
    6a0120a5924ef0970b014e5f6bb3c7970c-pi
  • Happy third birthday to the best Bond fansite out there! And I just realized that this means I'm coming up on my first anniversary on the forum. How time flies.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Happy third birthday to the best Bond fansite out there! And I just realized that this means I'm coming up on my first anniversary on the forum. How time flies.

Time really does fly. I remember when you had first joined and were only a few posts in!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,944
    Congrats, MI6 Community- and here's to many more to come! Well done to all mods, admin, and of course members for keeping the show on the road.

11882314943_b1b6d61545_o.png11882314943_b1b6d61545_o.png11882314943_b1b6d61545_o.png11882314943_b1b6d61545_o.png11882314943_b1b6d61545_o.png11882314943_b1b6d61545_o.png
    Murdock wrote:
    Happy Birthday MI6 Community.
    Birthday_Cakes_Darlington_051.jpg
    As a certain someone from Clerks II would say: "Mmmm, cake!" <:-P
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Congratulations on your third birthday, MI6 Community and may you have infinitely more! The best James Bond forum on the web!
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Happy Birthday Mi6! What a great time it has been these past nine months!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Happy Birthday martinismiley.gif
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited March 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Happy Birthday and congrats, MI6 Bond community!
    Make mine a triple, Sandy, in celebration of these 3 years. ;)

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Happy Birthday and congrats, MI6 Bond community!
    Make mine a triple, Sandy, in celebration of these 3 years. ;)

As you wish @4EverBonded! food-smiley-009.gif
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Happy Birthday, MI6! @};- Still a toddler, but looking forward to seeing you grow up.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    And another year has past. Cheers!
    Screen+Shot+2013-06-19+at+8.12.26+PM.png
    congrats to all involved.
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    My congratulations to the website's owners and everyone working on it. Happy birthday ! =D> <:-P
    Many congratulations to MI6 on another successful 12 months. Here's looking forward to the year ahead. :-bd