Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• edited October 2017 Posts: 4,600
    Steadily, and too regularly, we are seeing pop and rock heroes from a golden era leave us. True talents: at the writing table, in the recording studio and, of course, on the stage performing live. I hate to think who will be next. Very sad.

• Reports are coming in now that apparently he’s not dead yet. Take it with a grain of salt though
  • Division_00Division_00 Atlanta, GA, USA
    I'd like to remember the ~60 souls who died in Las Vegas yesterday. Why did the worst mass shooting in US history have to take place in the same city as one of my favorite Bond movies?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Reports are coming in now that apparently he’s not dead yet. Take it with a grain of salt though

Crazy how wrongly this has been reported, if he hasn't yet died. If it's as bad as it seems, however, and he's brain dead, I don't know what's worse.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    This has been a shit year. So many legends passing over. RIP Tom Petty
  • Division_00Division_00 Atlanta, GA, USA
    Remington wrote: »
    This has been a shit year. So many legends passing over. RIP Tom Petty

What is this, 2016 Jr? I'm still not over David Bowie's death.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Sadly it's correct that Tom Petty has passed RIP Tom thankyou for your Music .
    :(
    Re Tom Petty.
    I loved his song Refugee, which compelled me to purchase his Damn The Torpedoes album
    That was my only Petty interlude though. Never latched onto anything else by him, either before or after, but I sure loved that album.
    It enjoyed very loud heavy rotation (along w Stones Some Girls & first Police album) in my car, which had a stereo system, worth more than the car I think.
    For that one effort at least, I doff cap.
    An energetic talent and entertainer.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 684
    In junior high I had to walk passed the baseball diamond to get to track practice. I don't know who it was, but someone on the baseball team used "Free Falling" as their batting song. I must've heard it about 200 times that spring. To this day, every time it comes on the radio, I'm invariably taken back to junior high.

The radio station I listen to has been playing Petty's music all day. Damn this guy knew how to write a song. He sounds as good if not better in each of the live recordings I've heard as he does in the studio. A true musician.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Eberhard van der Laan died yesterday evening on the age of 62 years.
    Major of Amsterdam

fbd119c9-a924-4656-9011-e84f59797877?width=664&height=374
    A couple of weeks a go he showing King Willem Alexander his city for last time and saying goodby to us and the world...

Rip...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Comedian Ralphie May passed away, haven't seen much of his material but 45 is way too young:

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/ralphie-may-dead-dies-comedian-last-comic-standing-1202583047/
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Condolences for Ralphie May.

Remembering Tom Petty.

And I don't. Have. To live like a refugee.
    British actor Trevor Martin, who had the distinction of playing the Doctor on stage in Seven Keys to Doomsday in 1974 has passed away, aged 87 :

doctorwhonews.net/2017/10/trevor-martin-1930-2017.html

image.php?pid=25387
    It's with great sadness that I have to announce the demise of french actor Jean Rochefort, who died tonight aged 87.

premiere.fr/Cinema/News-Cinema/Jean-Rochefort-est-mort

One of those people who really deserve to be called a legend.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 1,661
    The original British one pound coin.

pound+coin.jpg

Introduced in 1983. Will be withdrawn from circulation on 15th October 2017.

No more "Maggies" then ?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited October 2017 Posts: 17,808
    Gerard wrote: »
    No more "Maggies" then ?

Ha ha, no. They're going to look a bit like the old thruppenny bit mixed with the the one Euro coin.
    Yes, I see what you mean :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmqSdxkhwb1Ijw3iGTUHDnOePhO-QWaClflmpGY7g0AvhuyjNE

And I can imagine the trouble when they'll have to change it once again when Charles will be in charge.
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    The original British one pound coin.

pound+coin.jpg

Introduced in 1983. Will be withdrawn from circulation on 15th October 2017.

Just saw this on the news not long ago. Luckily seeing as I have 2 kids? I am constantly broke and having no cash whatsoever! lol!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    It's not quite dead yet, there are still certain machines that don't take the new coin.
    Until when are the old ones usable as payment?
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Tuulia - technically 15th October.
    Although Tesco said that it will still accept them for a week after that.
    Gerard wrote: »
    Although Tesco said that it will still accept them for a week after that.

Quite a few shops and business are still accepting them for a bit longer.

Two deaths in the British Isles recently : Sean Hughes and Kevin Cadle :

radiotimes.com/news/2017-10-16/irish-comedian-sean-hughes-has-died-aged-just-51/

radiotimes.com/news/2017-10-16/sky-sports-nfl-presenter-kevin-cadle-dies-aged-62/

Never knew one or the other, but still, that's quite young to die, no ?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Sean Hughes was a real shock, although it has been reveled he was quite ill, cirrhosis of the liver.

Remember his TV show Sean's Show on Channel 4 and of course as one of the original captains on Never Mind The Buzzcocks when it was at it's finest.

Really talented and funny, 51 is no age.

R.I.P
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Sean Hughes was a real shock, although it has been reveled he was quite ill, cirrhosis of the liver.

Remember his TV show Sean's Show on Channel 4 and of course as one of the original captains on Never Mind The Buzzcocks when it was at it's finest.

Really talented and funny, 51 is no age.

R.I.P

I am a fan of Sean Hughes especially from Never Mind the Buzzcocks, sad news indeed he was a funny guy
    RIP Sean Hughes. Shocked that he has dies so young! RIP. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
    Canadian singer Gord Downie died of cancer, aged 53, last night :

https://theguardian.com/music/2017/oct/18/tragically-hip-frontman-gord-downie-dies-aged-53

F....ing cancer !