Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I am no computer wiz, so I have struggled more than 20 years to get this site up and running, but now I think it is finally ready to be visited.

http://www.piercebrosnanisnotbond.com
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I am no computer wiz, so I have struggled more than 20 years to get this site up and running, but now I think it is finally ready to be visited.

http://www.piercebrosnanisnotbond.com

I created a simpler site in 1995 AD

http://www.piercebrosnanisthesixthbestbond.com/
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    We all know there is one site that beats them all. =))

http://www.piercebrosnanisbestbondnosubstitutesnanananabooboo.com/
    Looks like they all have been hacked.
    Looks like they all have been hacked.

I blame Russians in tropical shirts. ;)
    iVHfwLc.gif
    iVHfwLc.gif

Haha that's actually one of my all time favorite videos. =))
    Really clever guy. I might hire him.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    To anyone being affected by this devastating Hurricane Irma be safe
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited September 2017 Posts: 3,000
    Mine actually works;

www.piercebrosnanisawesome.com
    So I was playing around on that Make a Bond name generator website and well... @Thunderfinger, I think you're going to need to see this. :))

http://www.comedycentral.co.uk/james-bond/articles/generate-a-random-james-bond-film-title-spectre

This eventually came up...

XUMkH6n.jpg?2
  • Starring his favorite Bond no less!
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 1,469
    "Bond is a heavy smoker, at one point smoking 70 cigarettes a day" (wikipedia). I don't smoke, but that seems like a lot! Still, it would be a kick to see Craig light a few up. I don't think he's smoked at all on film, has he? It's a shame the world has become so PC in many ways. Thank God for old films like Maltese Falcon, The Big Sleep and Murder My Sweet when Bogey and others would light 'em up. It goes with the character. I guess Craig makes up for it by drinking--"too much" as he said. And speaking of PC, I recommend the book Iron John by Robert Bly, if you haven't read it yet--it's partly about the Wild Man and the wildness in every man. Stay wild my friends.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    08164549ee280859727ac3f50833fe99.jpg
    Murdock wrote: »
    So I was playing around on that Make a Bond name generator website and well... @Thunderfinger, I think you're going to need to see this. :))

http://www.comedycentral.co.uk/james-bond/articles/generate-a-random-james-bond-film-title-spectre

This eventually came up...

XUMkH6n.jpg?2

That is fantastic.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    edited September 2017 Posts: 13,384
    I was quite chuffed to see on the Mark Gatiss special on the history of Bond, even they came up with Thunderpussy. ;-) ... and it would have to be a Roger Moore film
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Thrasos wrote: »
    "Bond is a heavy smoker, at one point smoking 70 cigarettes a day" (wikipedia). I don't smoke, but that seems like a lot! Still, it would be a kick to see Craig light a few up. I don't think he's smoked at all on film, has he? It's a shame the world has become so PC in many ways. Thank God for old films like Maltese Falcon, The Big Sleep and Murder My Sweet when Bogey and others would light 'em up. It goes with the character. I guess Craig makes up for it by drinking--"too much" as he said. And speaking of PC, I recommend the book Iron John by Robert Bly, if you haven't read it yet--it's partly about the Wild Man and the wildness in every man. Stay wild my friends.

@Thrasos, Daniel smoked a lot in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

I don't see the smoking issue as a PC thing, but a social change. Smoking isn't this "cool" thing anymore (not that it ever was) and while back in the old days commercials and ads tricked you into thinking that cigarettes were actually healthy to smoke, these days we know the actual truth and their negative health effects of which there are no positives. Funny you bring up Bogie, because his social habits of heavy smoking are part of what led to his early death, and made us lose out on untold classics in his later life. Not worth it in the long run, at all.

I think Dan's Bond reflects a modern take on the character, who couldn't sustain that heavy life of smoking if he were to be in the fitness he is to operate. He's a guy that seems to be very fit, taking some vices here and there but nothing over the moderation limit. You wouldn't find him chain smoking or at the bar at all hours, is what I mean.

Fleming's Bond was often aware of the health effects of his lifestyle and the dangers were pointed out to him, so the books don't exactly stand in favor of those kinds of experiences or uses of your time and we see what Bond's choices get him, which often isn't good. I think Fleming himself knew he didn't need another pack of cigarettes on top of what he already smoked daily, but there you have it. Like Bogie, we lost a fascinating man because of the vices that he knowingly let erode him. Not what I'd call wild, but certainly not smart.
  • I think Dan's Bond reflects a modern take on the character, who couldn't sustain that heavy life of smoking if he were to be in the fitness he is to operate. He's a guy that seems to be very fit, taking some vices here and there but nothing over the moderation limit. You wouldn't find him chain smoking or at the bar at all hours, is what I mean.

To be fair, I think Skyfall illustrates the exact opposite of that. If Craig's Bond makes it to retirement, I think it paints a picture of what his life might look like.

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    CrzChris4 wrote: »
    I think Dan's Bond reflects a modern take on the character, who couldn't sustain that heavy life of smoking if he were to be in the fitness he is to operate. He's a guy that seems to be very fit, taking some vices here and there but nothing over the moderation limit. You wouldn't find him chain smoking or at the bar at all hours, is what I mean.

To be fair, I think Skyfall illustrates the exact opposite of that. If Craig's Bond makes it to retirement, I think it paints a picture of what his life might look like.

Craig drinks loads in his movies. He gets hammered in QoS and SP and spends his time off at the bar in SF. In fact, he probably drinks more than most Bonds have done, on average. Certainly over the moderation limit.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I think only the alcoholic could have come up with The Vesper (especially on a whim-- the man knows his alcohols and how they mix!).

@Mendes4Lyfe, it may be my old age afflicting my memory, but when does Bond get hammered in SP? It's apparent he's pissed off and wants a drink after maddy shuts him down in the clinic, but I can't re-call a scene where he drinks, let alone gets hammered...
    Does anyone know where I can get a bazooka for free?
    There are instructions on the internet to build your own ..... for fun obviously :-D
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Mix. You mix a Bazooka. Free if you have good friends.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    peter wrote: »
    I think only the alcoholic could have come up with The Vesper (especially on a whim-- the man knows his alcohols and how they mix!).

@Mendes4Lyfe, it may be my old age afflicting my memory, but when does Bond get hammered in SP? It's apparent he's pissed off and wants a drink after maddy shuts him down in the clinic, but I can't re-call a scene where he drinks, let alone gets hammered...

He gets smashed off his t@ts and tries talking to a mouse half way through.
    ... Then wrecks the place, smashing a wall.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    He has a tendency to smash through walls, drunk or not.
    I think he's always drunk. It's Bond's big secret.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited September 2017 Posts: 17,865
    peter wrote: »

He gets smashed off his t@ts and tries talking to a mouse half way through.

Well, I suppose he did talk to a rat in DAF too. At least he's consistent in his interactions with furry rodents.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Mendes4Lyfe -- thanks for reminding me... Wow... goes to show this film really dragged for me (and I thought I liked the L'American scenes)...