Talking about being Politically Correct !

Comments

• edited August 2017 Posts: 170
    People are so PC it's crazy! I mean it's not like there are Nazis marching in the streets, driving over people and killing them with a president silently supporting it by refusing to condem them.

I condemmed violence on all sides. There was violence from antifa type thugs as well. I don't believe in violence against political opponents, no matter how vile. It's a given that Neo Nazis are evil. It's funny that when there is an islamist attack, the media all say 'nothing to do with islam', but when it's Neo Nazis, that suddenly smears the whole of my support base?

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Carry On Nurse is currently on Film4, and a warning has already appeared on the screen saying that the film might offend some viewers. If the human race has to be wrapped up in cotton wool, lest we see something that might upset our delicate sensibilities, just lay down, and wait for the inevitable. It's a good thing that we haven't always been cupcakes. Just think of all the advancements in science and medicine that wouldn't have been made.

"I'm terribly sorry, I can't come into the lab today, I might get offended by another persons opinion on the way."
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    The_Donald wrote: »
    People are so PC it's crazy! I mean it's not like there are Nazis marching in the streets, driving over people and killing them with a president silently supporting it by refusing to condem them.

I condemmed violence on all sides. There was violence from antifa type thugs as well. I don't believe in violence against political opponents, no matter how vile. It's a given that Neo Nazis are evil. It's funny that when there is an islamist attack, the media all say 'nothing to do with islam', but when it's Neo Nazis, that suddenly smears the whole of my support base?

I think it's a given that Islamic terrorists are evil. I think it's interesting that this is the first post about the Charlottesville death on this forum. The silence is deafening.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    edited August 2017 Posts: 3,985
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4788220/TfL-drops-2m-campaign-featuring-Muslim-girl-hijab.html

Classic TfL. Too desperate to tick all the inclusivity and diversity boxes to get their facts right. Mind you the whining over this is equally pathetic. I don't know how the average Muslim manages to hold down a job or find time to eat and sleep given how much time they have to spend taking offence every day.

Still £2 million of public money down the shitter but no skin off my nose as I don't pay for my oyster.

But notice the startling admission – when a girl reaches puberty the hijab is meant to stop men looking at her (‘The reason a female is covered is so men don’t look at her’) that is, it is a device to de-sexualise a woman. And yet if done on a 5 year-old girl it ‘sexualises’ her. Something wrong with the logic here...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4788220/TfL-drops-2m-campaign-featuring-Muslim-girl-hijab.html

Classic TfL. Too desperate to tick all the inclusivity and diversity boxes to get their facts right. Mind you the whining over this is equally pathetic. I don't know how the average Muslim manages to hold down a job or find time to eat and sleep given how much time they have to spend taking offence every day.

Still £2 million of public money down the shitter but no skin off my nose as I don't pay for my oyster.

But notice the startling admission – when a girl reaches puberty the hijab is meant to stop men looking at her (‘The reason a female is covered is so men don’t look at her’) that is, it is a device to de-sexualise a woman. And yet if done on a 5 year-old girl it ‘sexualises’ her. Something wrong with the logic here...

Don't waste your brain cells on it ,there is no logic in almost anything these people do.

I think it's a given that Islamic terrorists are evil. I think it's interesting that this is the first post about the Charlottesville death on this forum. The silence is deafening.

Sadly its a relatively minor event in today's world. As I understand it, the protest began when the left wanted to take down a historical statue. What purpose could that possibly serve. There were many peaceful protests not involving the swastika.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    A terrorist is still a scumbag, no matter which
    Flag of convenience they use. Islam or Nazis .
    A terrorist is still a scumbag, no matter which
    Flag of convenience they use. Islam or Nazis .

Agreed
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

Sadly its a relatively minor event in today's world. As I understand it, the protest began when the left wanted to take down a historical statue. What purpose could that possibly serve. There were many peaceful protests not involving the swastika.

The White supremacy movements are insignificant compared with Islamic extremism.

There were 5 foiled terror attacks in the UK alone since March. And here's a clue; None of these were by White supremacy groups....

I don't know why these anti-fascists have to protest against a protest. Let these Nazi idiots have their march and just roll your eyes at how dumb they are like the majority of us do.

• Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    As I understand it a neo-nazi drove a car into a crowd killing someone. Nineteen others injured. A policeman laughing about it on social media. Fascists proudly marching though a city in America. A president displaying sentiments bordering on indifference. That might be a relatively minor event in today's world (although certainly there are more minor things taking up alot more attention and disbelief on this thread alone). I guess if I found my beliefs got me to the point that I looked over and found myself marching next to Neo-nazis then perhaps I'd have to consider how our mutual outrage aligned us together.
    I guess if I found my beliefs got me to the point that I looked over and found myself marching next to Neo-nazis then perhaps I'd have to consider how our mutual outrage aligned us together.

That's a silly thing to say. People with wildly divergent world views can still have some common opinions. I wouldn't suggest that you're allied to some of the thugs in BLM who despise white people.
  • RC7RC7
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-40931479/is-it-ok-to-use-black-emojis-and-gifs

Would be interested to know how any black forum members feel about the above? In a world that's witnessing an increase in racial tension I can only feel that these pedantic, patronising monologues serve very little purpose. Why be more divisive?
    Yep..we should stick to the yellow oriental ones instead....
    I have heard many stupid things in my years, but this ranks pretty high.

Omg!! I've used that Michael Jackson eating popcorn gif before!! I'm so racist!!!
  • RC7RC7
    I love the fact she claims 'black people aren't here for your entertainment', but then proceeds to show gifs of black 'entertainers'. Way too many idiots on the far right/left.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    RC7 wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-40931479/is-it-ok-to-use-black-emojis-and-gifs

Would be interested to know how any black forum members feel about the above? In a world that's witnessing an increase in racial tension I can only feel that these pedantic, patronising monologues serve very little purpose. Why be more divisive?

Oh look, it's the BBC. That fine upstanding corporation, that would never turn a blind eye towards any severe wrongdoing from it's employees.
    That company is a shit-stirring piece of scum,i truly hate it.
    Trump spot on. Violent scum on both sides.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 3,564
    Captain America asks: "When did it become wrong to punch Nazis?"

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/dd031ac092db6664d269618928366130f9770ab2833aa2aa0d1cb288220068c2.jpg

When David Duke agrees with you, it's time to consider that maybe you're WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/dd031ac092db6664d269618928366130f9770ab2833aa2aa0d1cb288220068c2.jpg

When David Duke agrees with you, it's time to consider that maybe you're WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

I think Steve would be a bit more diplomatic than that, despite making his comics debut punching Hitler.
  • The_Donald wrote: »

Sorry, Major, I only now noticed that this thread had started commenting on Charlottesville. Hope you enjoyed the silence while it lasted 'cause it's over now...
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 3,564

Takes scum to know scum. I was speaking out against antifa back when they called themselves the Black Bloc. When are you going to condemn and reject the Klan and the Nazis, Donnie boy?
  • Captain America asks: "When did it become wrong to punch Nazis?"

I think Steve would be a bit more diplomatic than that, despite making his comics debut punching Hitler.

Depends on which Steve you're talking about. The Steve Rogers currently being published is an agent of Hydra. That's likely to be fixed before too much longer, but still... The Captain America of 1941 was not quite the same as the Captain America of 1972 and neither one is much like the one about to be Cosmic Cubed out of current Marvel continuity. Nonetheless, the point remains the same: why is it suddenly not okay to punch Nazis? Nazis are evil and to be resisted with every fiber of our being. Let's not lose sight of this one inescapable fact.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Depends on which Steve you're talking about. The Steve Rogers currently being published is an agent of Hydra. That's likely to be fixed before too much longer, but still... The Captain America of 1941 was not quite the same as the Captain America of 1972 and neither one is much like the one about to be Cosmic Cubed out of current Marvel continuity. Nonetheless, the point remains the same: why is it suddenly not okay to punch Nazis? Nazis are evil and to be resisted with every fiber of our being. Let's not lose sight of this one inescapable fact.

Perhaps it's the simple notion that fighting violence and hatred with violence and hatred makes you no different from the "enemy" you're against and that it simply leads to more escalation from both sides that never leads to anything good?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 13,059
    Pretty timely. Some things are best left exposed to the light so they wither and die.
    Rather than giving them attention and making them stronger by doing wrong instead of right.
    Marvel community excepted, of course.
    I'm guessing Trump would say the Allies had
    As much responsibility for starting WW2 as the Nazis

Why would you assault (not self defense) anyone? It might be easy to say (although still wrong)that when your opponents are heiling Hitler and bearing swastikas, but where does that attitude end? Assaulting people of political persuasions you consider extreme? Who gets to decide who are so politically unpalatable that they're deserving of being punched and in the end of course, killed? You sir are an idiot.

Takes scum to know scum. I was speaking out against antifa back when they called themselves the Black Bloc. When are you going to condemn and reject the Klan and the Nazis, Donnie boy?

Trump has already condemmed the kkk, neo Nazis groups. All focus is on them perhaps understandably, but they essentially hjacked peaceful protests about the removal of history. The later Trump statement is simply the nuanced truth. Good and (very) bad people on both sides that day.
    I thought Trump was only interested in Twitter? Who knew he'd post even more heavily on a random Bond forum. What a world.
    That's it Donald keep the old red, white and black flying. ;-)
    That's it Donald keep the old red, white and black flying. ;-)

Did you read my post?