The Bond Wishlist Thread

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    We also don t know what Wint and Kidd were up to with him, after they knocked him out.

Well they do have a little chuckle to themselves as they take him off for a tunneling....

'I've smelled that aftershave before' - Oh no not Sean of all people.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    We also don t know what Wint and Kidd were up to with him, after they knocked him out.

Well they do have a little chuckle to themselves as they take him off for a tunneling....

This is what Bond was referring to in SF, while bound to the chair.

Improbable. Sheer skin contact with THE MAN himself turns absolutely anybody into a heterosexual, as straight as you can imagine.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

This is what Bond was referring to in SF, while bound to the chair.

I thought maybe it was that nightcap he offered Gobinda.
    Agree with much of what's been said here. Others. . .

-I'd like a bit more local flavour rather than simply breezing through locations. A big part of Bond is escapist fantasy, so why not let us feel a bit more immersed with local landscapes, people, food, etc.? Imagine if, in Shanghai (SF), Bond had walked through a night market to buy his costume, or drunk tea in a steamy hutong, instead of swimming in a hotel pool.

-I wouldn't mind a bit more 'tradecraft.' I like seeing things like Bond putting a hair across the door of the wardrobe, or sprinkling talc on the briefcase.

-Beautiful women. Craig has pretty outstanding form on this front, so, erm. . . carry on.

-Some striking set designs.
  • gumboltgumbolt Now with in-office photocopier
    It would be fascinating to see a Fleming mashup - the best unused bits from his books. It would take considerable knowledge and skill to put that together, weaving the best unused material for a Flemingesque plot, style and vibe. But if it worked it would be spectacular. The cinematic reference points would be FRWL, OHMSS and CR.
  • DrNoDrNo North Hollywood, California, USA
    Jeffrey Wright back as Felix.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2017 Posts: 4,416
    11. PTS without Bond, focused on main villian, kinda like TDK.

Like Lucia escape for example..
    7. No Romance or falling in love subplot
    9. Bond has sex with at least two different women
    10. Bond girl who isn't a match for Bond

I like what there did with Mathis girlfriend. Example i like to see next is that Bond get her if there going to be simalar thing.

8. Limited gadgets

More various cars or bikes in the country i prefer he used. Like i said no DB5 or other Astin. I think there make them self a bit to easy with taking Astin to Italy, because you can imagine he drive it him self to it. I have prefer the car was not from him/mi6 and he steel it at meeting. If Bond go to Berlin/Germany i whant to see also by prefer no Mercedes or BMW. The cars used by villian or police at start of QOS or cars Camile drives, another example of variation. And Bond, Fields and Mathis at airport.
    14. Bond gets the girl in the end

Camile.. I was happy he get girl at the end of Spectre, i hope Madeline won't return or atleast not earlier then Bond 26.

• MooresflaresMooresflares Manchester
    David Arnold score, plenty of London in it , maybe a return to New York a la live and let die,an actual full on espionage film, less reliance on set pieces, wouldn't mind seeing felix back , always good elements to the films when he is involved, no need for a world domination story, bond stopping plots ala jack Bauer would be great or if blofeld escaped that would be cool and interesting, I'm actually not that bothered if DC doesn't do another, he's been great but looked bored in spectre, I'm disappointed they didn't make Monica bellucci a villain, a missed opportunity, and new writers ? Purvis and wade are far from flawless and NOT a safe bet
    More trains than ever before.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

And helicopters.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

And helicopters.

Yes!
    In fact I want a helicopter to land on a moving train.

Or have a helicopter smash into a heavily populated train, derailing numerous cars and killing dozens of civilians while the train happily continues pushing along the track, cluelessly.

Or have a helicopter smash into a heavily populated train, derailing numerous cars and killing dozens of civilians while the train happily continues pushing along the track, cluelessly.

Or something like this
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,117
    Given my expectations for B25 are lower than for Liverpool's already shambolic season, if I get any of the following I will count it as an unqualified success:

1. A script that isn't dogshit.
    2. Some actual stunts (like wot John Glen used to do. Remember him?)
    3. A not f**ked up GB.
    4. No DB5 or gadget car.
    5. No pissing on Fleming by having characters being childhood chums.
    6. Tanner dies in the first minute.
    Given my expectations for B25 are lower than for Liverpool's already shambolic season, if I get any of the following I will count it as an unqualified success:

3. A not f**ked up GB.
    4. No DB5 or gadget car.

A non-Bond PTS where Tanner is immediately assassinated and it isn't brought up or remotely mentioned the rest of the movie.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,117

3. A not f**ked up GB.
    4. No DB5 or gadget car.

A non-Bond PTS where Tanner is immediately assassinated and it isn't brought up or remotely mentioned the rest of the movie.

A longer than TWINE PTS though so I can savour his suffering. Maybe a cameo from Tobin Bell as Jigsaw to really make him squeal?

3. A not f**ked up GB.
    4. No DB5 or gadget car.

A longer than TWINE PTS though so I can savour his suffering. Maybe a cameo from Tobin Bell as Jigsaw to really make him squeal?

I like the sound of that. 14 tickets, please.
    Or just recast.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    A soundtrack that is great and not lazily copied and pasted.
    Trouble is I have no conifdence in P&W to deliver sufficient pain and suffering. Think I need to be brought on board to give the scene a little polish.

'Mr Kinnear's Agony Consultant: TheWizardofIce' has a nice ring to it for the end credits.
    Trouble is I have no conifdence in P&W to deliver sufficient pain and suffering. Think I need to be brought on board to give the scene a little polish.

'Mr Kinnear's Agony Consultant: TheWizardofIce' has a nice ring to it for the end credits.

They'll conjure an emotional connection by revealing that Tanner was Bond's long-lost cousin.

They'll conjure an emotional connection by revealing that Tanner was Bond's long-lost cousin.

That's when the film gets rather existential as the Wizard comes out of the screen and hunts down P&W with a samurai sword.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Jigsaw? Surely for maximum suffering, you want want to see Tanners demise at the hands of this chap...

source.gif
    Murdock wrote: »

Unlike your rescores?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I wouldn't have had to rescore anything if the soundtrack was good in the first place.
    Some of my Bond 25 wishlist would be:

1. No Madeleine Swann; maybe a mention, but no more of her actual character.
    2. Either return Blofeld (with his cat) - ignoring the foster brother plot point - or create a new original villain that is non-Spectre related.
    3. No more bringing up the past; keep plot points of the first four Craig films in the past, no need to retread like SP.
    4. Even more classic gun barrel than SP's - moving barrel, plus no captions after.
    5. Craig returns, and his mission isn't about something personal; it has come up too often in his era, as much as I like his films. No childhood stuff.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Seven-letter S-word title.
    Gunbarrel has another surprise like Bond visibly striding with firearm in hand. Maybe this time he swings 'round a UMP-45 as a droll homage to QUANTUM OF SOLACE. Plus the Brosnan years.
    Pre-titles action introduces a questionable actor (or his lookalike or CGI recreation) oft-rumored to take over the Bond role who plays a non-speaking character killed on screen early in the sequence. So it's not distracting.
    Pre-titles action teases the possibility of a female Bond.

Title song "OO7 in New York".
    Titles are a combination of nude female figures and exotic birds encountered later in the film proper. Plus guns.
    At least one cgi bird is shot and explodes into a cloud of feathers.
    (No real birds are harmed in the creation of that sequence).

Tanner in a major role solely operating from MI6 HQ.
    The rest of the MI6 regulars are on vacation and only mentioned in dialog by other characters.
    (Previous salaries of the involved actors are matched to keep them on retainer for BOND 26.)
    Bond gets his mission assignment at the headquarters then immediately leaves the UK and does not return during the film. Because that would be MI5 territory.
    Endemic bird life is used to introduce each locale.
    Product placement highlights fine spirits of each location the way Mount Gay Rum did at the Ocean Club.
    Three beautiful Bond Girls, one of them Asian. All named for exotic birds.
    Sacrificial lamb is male this time. Just playing the odds.
    Villain and villainous warrior henchmen are named for raptors with associated behavior foreshadowing the plot.

London Underground couple, Italian opera man, and a new comic character holding a wine bottle on the sidelines simultaneously witness Bond in action.
    Assuming a cover, Bond is matched with a tricked-out silver 1981 Saab 900 Turbo.
    Bond brings Bond Girl to a safe house called Risico.
    Sheriff J.W. Pepper features a dead ringer for (or CGI recreation of) Mr. Clifton James, but he speaks a surprisingly strong New York accent.
    Homage to Warren Zevon in the dialog. Excitable Boy. Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner. Werewolves of London. Mohammed's Radio. Life'll Kill Ya (potential Bond title?). Work something out and work the melody into the score.
    Gut-buster boffo belly-grabber hilarious ending sets the audience up to think OO7 is on the phone with the US President
    but it turns out to be the President of Sony Pictures.

Running time is exactly 2:11:00 (plus end credits, another 0:23:00).
    Film promises "James Bond Will Return... In
    SCARLET."
    End titles roll with a classy stand-alone musical piece or song lyrics having the potential to become popular.
    Chrissy Hynde could do it.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Murdock wrote: »

Unlike your rescores?

Surely you're not comparing fan videos made for fun with a score which was copied and pasted by a professional composer who was paid tons of money for working on one of the highest budget movies in history?