The Bond Wishlist Thread

Comments

I heard at some point it was supposed to be a two parter? Probably would have worked better. But maybe in the long run it will be better if we get something really fresh and exciting for the next one, with a new story and all.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I heard at some point it was supposed to be a two parter? Probably would have worked better. But maybe in the long run it will be better if we get something really fresh and exciting for the next one, with a new story and all.
    Yes, MGM advertised it as a two-parter but apparently, it's seen in the leaks that Craig wasn't content to a back-to-back film so it was immediately shelved. That was the initial plan.
    Interesting. Safe to say he also wasn’t pleased with the final product, since he said he wants to go out on a high note.
    Oh believe me... Nobody was satisfied with the whole project since John Logan screwed them like no one else did. One of the staffers even badmouthed Logan and I highly believe he was fired (though, not directly addressed to in the message). Sam Mendes himself was going crazy and nervous, no wonder he begged for Purvis and Wade to come back. That's what happens if you give one person too much control without an oversight.
    It’s really a shame since it could have been far superior. I mentioned it has a lot of strong scenes and good stuff (I like the film), but as a whole it’s just sort of average. The third act is very uninspired and plain. I think they know the next one has to take some risks and be different, like CR was.
    Agreed. They're going to have to take a few leaps of faith and think outside the box. Eon's biggest mistake is that if they make a successful film, they try to copy it with the next one and miserably fail. They should get rid of that tradition and make every film separately without relying on their respective predecessors.
    They definitely should bring back Felix. One of my absolute top wishes; Jeffrey Wright was a great Felix in CR and QOS. He deserves one more go.
  • dbowen007dbowen007 Virginia, United States
    I simply want it to be a thrilling film. My biggest gripe with Spectre was that there was never a moment of tension. I knew Bond was never in danger. Obviously, we always know he's going to prevail, but at least make an effort to make us wonder.
  • W_Glass_90W_Glass_90 Virginia
    With it being Craig's likely swansong, they're gonna make it as special as they possibly can. Hopefully he gets a good conclusion. It's wishful thinking, but I'd like to see a cameo from all previous Bond actors (excluding Roger Moore due to his death) being the 25th film. I've also heard rumors that it's gonna be a ramake of "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" being that in 2019 it will be the 50th Anniversary of that film, but I think that would unfairly take away from Lazenby.
    In addition to the gunbarrel being front and center with an acceptable arrangement of the Bond theme, I want this Bond film to have an element of fun about it. Not overboard humor, but some exciting stunts, thrills and laughs. Sharp dialogue as well.
    SF had a lot of that as did CR. Both films had a decent balance.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    dbowen007 wrote: »
    I simply want it to be a thrilling film. My biggest gripe with Spectre was that there was never a moment of tension. I knew Bond was never in danger.

Even when the drill entered his head?
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited December 2017 Posts: 5,975
    Agreed. They're going to have to take a few leaps of faith and think outside the box. Eon's biggest mistake is that if they make a successful film, they try to copy it with the next one and miserably fail. They should get rid of that tradition and make every film separately without relying on their respective predecessors.

That's a good point.

If we must have Seydoux and Waltz, I hope they do not make it a direct sequel.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Andrea Riseborough as a Bond girl please :)
  • I'd like to see Lucia Sciarra returning as main girl, and not really as a damsel in distress,

No Madeleine. I like Seydoux, and she did a good job with what was given, but the character was not interesting at all. Lucia/Belucci has much more potential. They can introduce a new character as the B bond girl
  • Denbigh wrote: »
    Andrea Riseborough as a Bond girl please :)

I could get behind that.
  • M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
    edited March 2018 Posts: 538
    A unique plot.
    Another good henchman
    No Blofeld.
    No mention of Vesper, ever.
    Some official news will do!!!
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Bond doing something in a British city other than London, preferably in the early part of the movie. Could be Birmingham, Southampton, Aberdeen, Manchester, Liverpool...

And no Blofeld.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Roger Deakins
    A classic henchwoman
    Andrea Riseborough as the main Bond girl

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    No Bond 25.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    No Bond 25.

So you're happy with Spectre being the last Bond we ever get? :/
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Denbigh wrote: »
    No Bond 25.

Always best to leave on top. As q always said, never let them see you bleed. Hence spectre is the perfect film to end on ;)
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    -Werner Herzog
    -Ennio Morricone
    -This time, it's professional
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    A return of Jeffrey Wright as Felix is also top on my B25 wishlist, followed by Camille. Since continuity is a trademark of the Craig era, I think it‘s not too far fetched and maybe provide some interesting story hooks.

The rest is: return to what made the Craig era so great (to me): physicality, CR/QoS-style humour and a score by David Arnold

A good writer could mix a great screenplay out of it easily plus make some new steps without leaving the trademarks of Bond and the Craig era behind.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    A return of Jeffrey Wright as Felix is also top on my B25 wishlist, followed by Camille. Since continuity is a trademark of the Craig era, I think it‘s not too far fetched and maybe provide some interesting story hooks.

The rest is: return to what made the Craig era so great (to me): physicality, CR/QoS-style humour and a score by David Arnold

A good writer could mix a great screenplay out of it easily plus make some new steps without leaving the trademarks of Bond and the Craig era behind.

Yes, yes, yes.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    A proper gunbarrel. Including Bond 25 it will be 20 years without a normal gunbarrel.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    -This time, it's professional
    That's a great tag line, @mattjoes. And ethos.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Denbigh wrote: »
    No Bond 25.

Maybe
    Turning Bond into a feminist would be a big problem. But I think (and hope) they wouldn’t go that far. I worry all the time Bond’s character will be changed from what it’s supposed to be about.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Bond will be a feminist islamist.