The Bond Wishlist Thread

Comments

Hoping Bond can at least get past Craig before getting ruined (seems inevitable almost).
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Take a look at the thread: the Worst Plot In The Entire Franchise-- and how the facts of filmmaking very rarely jell with fanboy pontifications and anger (I read the wikileaks today and tried to summarize them as best I could)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Bond gets hypnotic treatment in the pts and remembers his previous incarnation, where he sacrificed himself for the country. The rest of the film is set in 1752.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2018 Posts: 5,869
    Use this character as inspiration for the most badass Bond girl yet...

tmp_nCaoeI_e4e8a85c1877a519_MCDBLRU_EC075.jpg
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Use this character as inspiration for the most badass Bond girl yet...

tmp_nCaoeI_e4e8a85c1877a519_MCDBLRU_EC075.jpg

Good character from a good film!
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    edited March 2018 Posts: 2,730
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Personally, I don't want any tough, or action oriented, Bond Girls.

How about a henchwoman though?
    I would like to see a good henchwoman in B25
    The next Irma Bunt?
    edited March 2018 Posts: 2,730
    I think that’s what Craig’s era is missing. They’ve had strong Bond girls but I want to see a strong Bond woman villain or henchwoman. An Irma bunt of Rosa Klebb type
    You're right. Dalton is the only other Bond I can think of who didn't get one of those. It's not too late for Craig yet though!
    What about an evil power couple for Bond 25, kind of like Zorin and May Day? I’d like to see that.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2018 Posts: 5,869
    Talulah Riley for a Bond girl please... just saw this shot in the new Westworld trailer.

213ps2e.jpg
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Talulah Riley for a Bond girl please... just saw this shot in the new Westworld trailer.

213ps2e.jpg

tumblr_muki4jl4Pd1spd598o1_400.gif

Oh my,oh my, yes please.

Also, some sharks and lasers would be nice. But not in the same scene.
    One minor thing I’d like to see is just having more scenes of Bond all alone. Scenes with no other good guys or bad guys present - just quiet scenes of Bond working without any other fanfare. The closest thing I can think of is the couple minutes he’s tracking down Mr. White in SP.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    One minor thing I’d like to see is just having more scenes of Bond all alone. Scenes with no other good guys or bad guys present - just quiet scenes of Bond working without any other fanfare. The closest thing I can think of is the couple minutes he’s tracking down Mr. White in SP.

Like bond playing cards with himself in DR NO. Before he kills Dent. yeah that’s he best scene of the film.

Like bond playing cards with himself in DR NO. Before he kills Dent. yeah that’s he best scene of the film.

I like that. Connery and Lazenby got a fair amount of alone scenes which I liked a lot.
  • NSGWNSGW London

+1 Seeing Bond simply spend some downtime alone ordering room service in a hotel or cleaning his gun would be more interesting to me than you're average car chase or fist fight.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    As someone suggested, a scene with Bond having dinner near the Tevere in Rome would have been a great Flemingian touch. So yeah, more lonely moments, just like in the books.
    I love the lonely scenes in the Bond films. They never feel out of place to me and add interesting little moments to the films. Glad to see some appreciation for that from other members.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Canada.

Bond thwarting an assassination attempt.
    Wright back as Felix.
    A better title than spectre.
    David Arnold back
    A portrait of Sir Roger in MI6 as a little tribute

That's it for now.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    echo wrote: »
    Canada.

Bond thwarting an assassination attempt.

The second Pine Wood Studios is here in Toronto. Shooting in the city, they'd get huge tax credits...

After the gun barrel, they can stage a chase on the outside of the CN Tower, where, after dispatching the assassin, Bond parachutes off of the building, landing on a moving train at street level. As the train zips into a tunnel--

The tunnel turns into a gun barrel. Cue the title song... And we're off to the races...
    [quote="Alan007;882377"

[/quote]

That would be weird. Better to have an old episode of The Saint showing on a tv in the background.
  • You know what I might be down for some day, when the time is right...

An OHMSS-style main title sequence with clips from all prior eras of Bond. It would have to be done right and bear some kind of significance. But if pulled off, that could be quite thrilling to see.
  • JimmyJimmy FL
    edited June 2018 Posts: 2
    After "Daniel Graig" I think "Scott Adkins" https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0012078/?ref_=nv_sr_1 should be considered for the role of James Bond. He would bring the character of JB to a new level of skill.
    -Title: The Property of a Lady (Runner-upper: Risico)
    -Female villain(s)
    -Traditional Bond girls, more like Severine than the personal ones like Vesper and Madeleine; perhaps one like Camille would work too
    -Adele return for title song
    -Jeffrey Wright return as Felix
    -David Arnold return for score
    -Minimal callbacks (storywise) to Craig’s previous films
    -M, Q, Moneypenny have limited, traditional roles, like in GF for instance
    -Similar tone/feel to CR and QOS; same humor too (SP’s tried too hard too often)
    -Locations: somewhere snowy/icy, somewhere watery, a countryside, London
    -Classic gunbarrel at the beginning, with no odd alterations of any kind
    -Traditional ending - Bond is still with MI6, he doesn’t die, there is nothing too unusual from a classic Bond ending
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    [quote="Alan007;882377"

That would be weird. Better to have an old episode of The Saint showing on a tv in the background.[/quote]

They did the portrait thing with Bernard Lee. Was that weird to you?
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Jeffrey Wright is a must.

Intriguing European locales with Bond actually spying--how about Eastern Europe or somewhere in the former USSR? (Bond in the US or Asia is never as good.)

No Adele. I'd both okay with Gaga; you know she'd give it her all.

Some reference to the Queen, either in the title (The Property of a Lady? Or something like For Queen and Country?) or in the film proper...there can't be too many more opportunities for this. Maybe the ending of the TMWTGG novel.
    Let us get Wint and Kidd back, please. And Max the parrot as well.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Are you asking for a ban?
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    I
    jake24 wrote: »
    Are you asking for a ban?

I'd rather have them back than Madeleine to be honest.