What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    U2
    They did goldeneye
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    While they aren't household names, I would like to see any of the following ladies from the Postmodern Jukebox collective sing the next theme:

Christina Gatti:

Robyn Adele Anderson:

Ashley Stroud:

Hailey Reinhart:

Ariana Savalas

And probably in that order.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2017 Posts: 15,690
    I heard this song on TV yesterday during the Live F1 event. The song itself isn't very Bondian, but this Tom Grennan guy has a cool voice:

• monitorblownmonitorblown Providence, RI
    Thought you guys might enjoy this. I had some new plugins to play with, so we recorded our own fake theme for Bond 25. Was a really fun side-project, and we threw in a few David Arnold & Thomas Newman scoring easter eggs. I think it fits the Craig-era vibe pretty well. Let me know what you think!

Not a bad effort, but I don t care for the vocals.
    Best song for me would be : "He 'aint heavy,he's my brother"....
    It'll be a current mainstream global artist. More than likely a UK performer, especially after the success of both Adele and Sam Smith each winning an Oscar for their respective songs and scoring worldwide No 1 hits. People can post any number of unknown performers here, but if they don't fit the "mainstream global" tag, you're building up your hopes for nothing. It'll probably end up being someone like Rita Ora. But seriously... The Mission for Bond 25 - a band that was at the height of its popularity in the Eighties? Might as well include The Cult, Sisters of Mercy, The Cure and any other Goth rock act from that decade. All these bands I like musically, by the way, especially the John Paul Jones produced Children album from The Mission, but no way in hell will they ever be considered for a new Bond song. Not a cat's chance in hell.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Best song for me would be : "He 'aint heavy,he's my brother"....

Haha!
  • monitorblownmonitorblown Providence, RI
    Not a bad effort, but I don t care for the vocals.

Thanks for checking it out!
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    U2- i love goldeneye
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I would love for David Arnold to do an entirely instrumental theme for B25, like Barry did for OHMSS.
    I would love for David Arnold to do an entirely instrumental theme for B25, like Barry did for OHMSS.

Either this or Adele again.
    Let's rectify what we never had with Quatumn of Solace and get Shirley Bassey!

She's sung for big of the other big Bonds and we all know No Good About Goodbye should've been the QOS title song....

Hell the lyrics sorta work for Craig's final fling.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    QOS should have been Amy Winehouse, Bassey in her day maybe but the perfect storm would have been Amy & Ronson.

Another one of those things that should have happened but never did.

Lets face it though it will be flavour of the moment that gets the job, EON will have enjoyed the fact that they now have back to back Oscars for the title song and think this is the way to do it.

I see them trying to coax back Adele or someone like Ed Sheeran, though I sincerely hope not.

Sam Smith was for me the worst theme of the series, I can stomach Maddy's DAD more than that but I'm prepared for as bad if not worse.

As long as they sort the score out this time and not make it aural wallpaper I'll settle for an awful theme.

Though getting one of Britain's best bands of the moment like The Arctic Monkeys would be great but I think it's unlikely.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I would really like it if Aurea did a Bond theme, but I don't think that will ever happen. She's not really known by anyone outside of Portugal. The only reason I, as an American, ever heard of her was because of a fan made Bond PTS that used this song of her's;

(It really gets going at around 2:30 onward)
  • NewAgendaNewAgenda USA
    Sade would be an enduring choice, though we haven't heard anything from her since "Soldier of Love."

Dutch singer Anouk's "Fake It Till I Die" has shades of classic Bond cues.

Maxwell can add some sex appeal and variety in the vocals.

St. Vincent (Annie Clark) is always innovative but can strip down her music beautifully. She's even sampled the melody to "You Only Live Twice" in her song, "Surgeon."
    I want my girl Lady Gaga to sing Bond 25 theme.
    Queens of The Stone Age new album once again proves they'll be added to the list like Portishead, Massive Attack & Arctic Monkeys of bands that could have so delivered.

Though instead we dreck like the last film.

• edited August 2017 Posts: 12,837
    @Shardlake I think I could die happy if Josh Holme got anywhere near a Bond theme. Sadly you're right and it seems they wouldn't go for anyone that alternative any more but I'm hoping they can find a middle ground between artists like Holme and artists like Adele and Sam Smith.

Arctic Monkeys would be fit that idea nicely imo, very popular very mainstream so they'd get the charts success EON seem to want lately, but they're not bland, they're still interesting and have a bit of edge to them. From what I've read it was Mendes who vetoed Radiohead (Craig is a big fan so they might have been his choice) so I don't think it's all but certain that we'll get another Adele/Smith. I hope not anyway. Don't get me wrong I thought SF and WOTW were decent efforts but they're just dull choices imo. Plus we've had a couple of ballads now so time for something different, I'd like a hard edged rock theme for Craig's last like the one he started with (I'd actuall love it if they used YKMN for the credits too). I am a bit worried that they'll try to tempt Adele back.
    @Shardlake I think I could die happy if Josh Holme got anywhere near a Bond theme. Sadly you're right and it seems they wouldn't go for anyone that alternative any more but I'm hoping they can find a middle ground between artists like Holme and artists like Adele and Sam Smith.

Arctic Monkeys would be fit that idea nicely imo, very popular very mainstream so they'd get the charts success EON seem to want lately, but they're not bland, they're still interesting and have a bit of edge to them. From what I've read it was Mendes who vetoed Radiohead (Craig is a big fan so they might have been his choice) so I don't think it's all but certain that we'll get another Adele/Smith. I hope not anyway. Don't get me wrong I thought SF and WOTW were decent efforts but they're just dull choices imo. I am a bit worried that they'll try to tempt Adele back.

@thelivingroyale I'll settle for Adele but as you probably know I was one of the most vocal about how WOTW is just dire even to the point of it getting very controversial on this forum

Although I digress, yes I think it was Mendes and BB that vetoed Radiohead, DC did an interview on the Graham Norton show and Smith was on there and the chemistry between the 2 while not obvious, DC's enthusiasm for the song was plain to see.

DC spent plenty of time wanting Adele and even mentioning it in interviews that he was passionate about that one and on board but I think he wanted Radiohead definitely and may have been one of the sticking points that caused the situation with him and Mendes.

Arctic or Queens would make me very happy, obviously there is the connection between both bands, Josh producing Humbug etc and the Iggy Pop album.

What are you making of Villains? I like it but it hasn't hit me the way Like Clockwork did and continue to do so?

Currently got it spinning on my Turntable and it remains one of my albums of this century so far, bit early with Villains, like some albums needs it's time to work it's way in although from first listen I don't see it topping LC though.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 4,599
    If you look at some of the greatest Bond themes, the vocal performace has been right "out front". I know there are some great bands around but truely great singers are in short suppply IMHO and Adele really does stand out.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Radiohead or maybe, dare I say it, Taylor Swift.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    QQ7 wrote: »
    Radiohead or maybe, dare I say it, Taylor Swift.
    She'll tell Bond to shake Madeleine and Blofeld off? ;)
This discussion has been closed.