BOND POLLS 2017: The Big "SPECTRE" vs "QUANTUM OF SOLACE" Battle!

Comments

Keep voting guys ;-)
    Keep voting guys ;-)

What is the score so far ?
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    QOS for me.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    I prefer QoS.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Keep voting guys ;-)

What is the score so far ?

SP 10
    QOS 15
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I hope we don't have another instance of people's parents and distant cousins joining the forum to vote and skew the results. I recall seeing that here sometime in the past. Most disheartening.
    @Birdleson, I can't recall all the details, but there were certainly more relatives that joined the forum for that vote than just your cousin. It was certainly an unusual situation!
    Didn t all of Gustav s relatives and his goldfish join in as well?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Didn t all of Gustav s relatives and his goldfish join in as well?

Yeah I vaguely remember that. Can anyone dig that thread out as it was quite amusing as I recall.

Can't be sure but I'm guessing it ended with Gustav having a strop?
  • DrNoDrNo North Hollywood, California, USA
    Quantum. I don't even consider it a lesser Craig outing.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 1,469
    SPECTRE for me. QoS has many excellent and memorable moments, scenes or touches (and musical themes). But for me, SPECTRE is levels above it in being fun to watch, holding my interest, has more depth, atmosphere and style--it just flows better as a movie and is "bigger". For another thing (and important one for me) a better bad guy--or two, if you also count Mr. Hinx.
    WTF? At times this MI6community feels like a closed Skulls & Bones club. Accusing me of attracting a more 'pro-me' voter influx is just plain ridiculous. And it hurts me that quite a lot of people in here think that way. The reason other people that normally don't come here tend to vote to me is entirely positive. When I execute a Bond poll I want to be it as successful as possible. Better 120 voters than 20 nagging conservative forum die-hards who can't stand a bit of success. Moreover, some of those newbies might actually stay here and become regulars.

Regarding this poll. Try to ask yourself why there's such a voting discrepancy between a Facebook Group poll and this one. Do people in here really have this aura 'we are better!'? Quite pityful.

Anyway, in this particular QOS seems to be winning. I don't mind admitting that. All I say is this: Not many people have voted yet in here. It's not even close to 80......or 120 voters.
    Regarding this poll. Try to ask yourself why there's such a voting discrepancy between a Facebook Group poll and this one. Do people in here really have this aura 'we are better!'? Quite pityful.
    Was that Facebook Group comprised of knowledgeable James Bond fans? When was this poll conducted?

I don't understand your point about 'we are better!'. You started this poll and the results will be what they end up being. There's no better or worse as far as I'm personally concerned. It's just what it is.

As I mentioned in 2015, SP would start off strong in polls and then decline, because there is inevitably a euphoria which accompanies the latest film at release, and which fades with time.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Was that Facebook Group comprised of knowledgeable James Bond fans? When was this poll conducted?

I don't understand your point about 'we are better!'. You started this poll and the results will be what they end up being. There's no better or worse as far as I'm personally concerned. It's just what it is.

As I mentioned in 2015, SP would start off strong in polls and then decline, because there is inevitably a euphoria which accompanies the latest film at release, and which fades with time.

That's exactly what I am saying. The results will be the results. I accept that. But some in here, you included, imply that I started certain polls by dragging in voters who agree with my opinion. I think that's distasteful. Anyway, outsiders should be embraced a bit more as well. My parents really liked my initiative from last year, and suddenly some fans in here start becoming as distrustful as a Trump voter. Man, this is just a poll. See the fun of it. This isn't politics.

Regarding that Facebook Group.......just look on the first page. I don't care if they are more knowledgeable or not, they are Bond fan enthusiasts. It shouldn't matter. We all love Bond. Not just you @bondjames
  • RC7RC7
    My guess is that your man on the street would vote SP. Amongst Bond fans I spend time with, back in the real world, SP is favoured. On here SP is particularly and vociferously hated. Horses for courses.
    @Gustav_Graves, you're correct, this is indeed supposed to be fun. I still don't know what you mean about 'we are better'. This is a discussion forum where members participate. If we have a revolving door of new entrants for a poll (as we did in that other one), then should we lend as much credence to the result? Perhaps we should, strictly scientifically speaking. However, I personally am more interested in the opinions of those who I converse with here more frequently and regularly. Not because they're 'better', but rather because I personally value their opinions as regular participants.

The reason I asked about how knowledgeable the Facebook Group was is because SP was seen by far more people globally than QoS (since it followed the juggernaut that was SF). Consequently, it is possible that more of the general public are familiar with SP compared to QoS, particularly if they are not huge Bond fans and don't follow the series. That could skew the voting results. Moreover, it is the more recent entry (QoS was released almost 10 years ago).

At least in here everyone is likely to have seen both films multiple times. I'll have to take your word for it that the people in that group are in fact 'Enthusiasts', and not just people who happened to join a Facebook club entitled 'James Bond Enthusiasts', especially since the 80/20 result in favour of SP seems skewed compared to other data I've seen on the web (both films seem to be similarly dismissed by a lot of folks).
    My parents really liked my initiative from last year, and suddenly some fans in here start becoming as distrustful as a Trump voter. Man, this is just a poll. See the fun of it. This isn't politics.

But it is still ok to drag Trump into it.
    Blimey this is a nasty thread....at least QOS is winning so that's something !
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,525
    It's actually funny how everybody's playing along and then someone says, "stop being so negative!", thereby inviting negativity to the discussion. A self-fulfilling prophecy if you ask me.

Anyway, SP is still the better film and don't say it isn't or I will cry.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    It's actually funny how everybody's playing along and then someone says, "stop being so negative!", thereby inviting negativity to the discussion. A self-fulfilling prophecy if you ask me.

Er,i just did DD !
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,525
    Er,i just did DD !

Oh you. Why must you be so negative about SP? Wait, why must I be so negative about QOS? Wait, are we being negative? Just stating opinions; nothing to get worked up over. I'm sick, not of the so-called negativity in our threads, but of people pretending it is there simply because others disagree with them and actually state why.

QOS is winning. Great! I'm happy for it. :)
    Er,i just did DD !

Oh you. Why must you be so negative about SP? Wait, why must I be so negative about QOS? Wait, are we being negative? Just stating opinions; nothing to get worked up over. I'm sick, not of the so-called negativity in our threads, but of people pretending it is there simply because others disagree with them and actually state why.

And I love SP.its still #12 in my rankings DD !!
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Since I find SP the most enjoyable post-CR Craig Bond film and QOS the least enjoyable one(Craig or non-Craig), I vote for SPECTRE.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

QoS is the better film, actually, and if a single person disagrees, I'm deleting my account and never returning.
    rawImage.jpg
    RC7 wrote: »
    My guess is that your man on the street would vote SP. Amongst Bond fans I spend time with, back in the real world, SP is favoured. On here SP is particularly and vociferously hated. Horses for courses.

Hear hear. Good observation ☺️
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 11,119
    Er,i just did DD !

That's a bit too early to say no ☺️? QOS is winning.......so far. But let's wait until we have passed the 75+ voters. So far mostly the die-hard fans have voted; fans who don't care for a good BBQ or a nice refreshing swim during this summer, but instead are glued to this forum. Like me :-D
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Whats funny is QOS had everything working against it during production but is still far superior to the 3 year wait and no return of spectre
    Whats funny is QOS had everything working against it during production but is still far superior to the 3 year wait and no return of spectre

That is all a matter of opinion :-).
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

That is all a matter of opinion :-).

Just like the entirety of this thread! That's the beauty of it. Would be dull to enter this and have 100% of us vote unanimously on one of the two.