Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Haha, I thought of that Harold Lloyd as well. I'm sure the young actor is hoping no one will remember the old comic hanging from a broken clock.

Brilliant stuff...he was the best of the silent stars for me,better than Keaton and Chaplin by a mile.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Well this chap is the great great great grandson of a Charles, but not Chaplin.

Rather, he's related to Dickens.

He needs to put on some weight and muscle, but I see potential.
    Harold Lloyd - awesome. Love the clock sequence.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    bondjames wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Harry Lloyd? I've only seen him on Season 1 of GoT. He has an edge.

33 & 5ft 11.

Ok9jSFm.jpg
    Ciye6y8.png

Another decent one. We're on a roll.
    Any thoughts on Harry Lloyd? I've only seen him on Season 1 of GoT. He has an edge.

33 & 5ft 11.

Ok9jSFm.jpg
    Ciye6y8.png

he gives a Toby Stephens vibe I am not sure I like... although strangely enough if the telltale rumors are/were true ( I haven't heard the developers deny anything so I am holding out hope) I could picture Harry doing the voice work for it but for an actual 007 film.... hmmm maybe
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Brilliant stuff...he was the best of the silent stars for me,better than Keaton and Chaplin by a mile.
    We think some of these gags are modern ( a suicidal man jumps into a lake which turns out to be ankle deep. Seen that enough times). But there they are - all present and correct in the great silent comedy era.

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Don't know about his acting, but he sure has the looks. Checked more pictures on google, and he seems quite diverse.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Haven't seen his acting, but to me he doesn't look the part. He sort of has a Matt Bommer type of a portrait.
    he looks like fassbender in the top pic.

well having the looks is of secondary importance IMO. acting chops, charisma and screen presence all trump looks.

otherwise we might end up with another...
    Getafix wrote: »
    he looks like fassbender in the top pic.

well having the looks is of secondary importance IMO. acting chops, charisma and screen presence all trump looks.

otherwise we might end up with another...
    ....Dalton? ;)

Yes, I got a bit of a Fassbender vibe from Lloyd as well. He has a bit of a chameleon aspect to him, which may be a good thing.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 11,425
    He looks the part but can he act? If yes, then he certainly looks like a contender. But throw every pretty face into the mix and the list is endless.

If only we had another Dalton in the wings @bondjames , I'd sleep easier at night.
    @Getafix, sadly another overt theatrical like Dalton might accelerate the end of the series which some have been calling for around here. With production costs ballooning, it's critical that the next actor be able to pull in the crowds globally.

I don't know much about Lloyd, but he was quite impressive as a devious sort in GoT. Seems like a blend of posh schooled Hiddleston and more edgy Fassbender.
    Son of dalton is what we need!
    Getafix wrote: »
    Son of dalton is what we need!

No we don't.

Oh yes we do!
    Oh no we don't....is it pantomime season already ? he he ;)
    We need another Brozza! In for the long run! ;)
    He's behind us - thank god!
    And another in the front. ;)

33 & 5ft 11.

Ok9jSFm.jpg
    Ciye6y8.png

I am already impressed about how he looks NOTHING like his GoT character. Not sure about his voice otherwise he's got the right age, appearance and most definitely acting skills.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Absolutely not. Is this a joke?
    Absolutely not. Is this a joke?
    I feel quite the same.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 45,489
    He could be Superman perhaps, not Bond.
    He could be Superman perhaps, not Bond.
    Quite agreed!
    Strange response to a good looking chap. Why on earth would you rule him out on his looks?

Don't really understand why his looks alone make him suitable for Superman but definitely not Bond.

Cavill almost got Bond and would have if many people's hero Campbell had had his way, but went off to do Superman instead...
    Cavill developed certain mature ruggedness overtime when he got the Superman role and can be very convincing as Bond as he was in the role of Napoleon Solo. But, I wouldn't have rooted for him back when he was 21 about to earn the part in Royale for the same reason I wouldn't have rooted for Brosnan in the eighties.

Bond has to look very distinguished and mature in my opinion.
    This Harold Lloyd guy looks pretty distinguished to me. Esp for a younger actor
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Wow, never knew it was the same guy who killed both of them.