Bond's Gaming Future(News, Speculation, Discussion)

Comments

Risico007 wrote: »
    At this point, there won't be another game, that's where we are.

I honestly think outside of the books and comic books James Bond is dead the franchise is over in both games and films sure in 30 years or so someone is going to likely reboot the whole thing but it won't be any time soon. Shame to end on such a low note but oh well

You're talking absolute nonsense. I would suggest cutting the production thread from your daily diet. You'll instantly feel healthier and more sound of mind.

I am sorry but with the long gap I honestly feel the bond franchise is dead

It's gone to meet its makers
    If it's wasn't for the comic books it would be pushing up daisies
    With out life
    May it Rest In Peace
    Gone to join the choir immortal

This is an ex franchise....

But I would love to be proven wrong

You're being very delusional, @Risico007, and you've got your mind warped by all the faux-experts on the threads you frequent who have absolutely no idea what they're on about. If people think that a little wait for another Bond film is the end, I've lost hope in the human consciousness's ability for clear and reasoned thought. I don't mean to come on strong, but it's really something to see people trick themselves into drama like this all the time.

Your reasoning that comics are saving the day for the Bond series is also very warped. Very little read them and the sales haven't lit the world on fire, so don't count on Dynamite to have a suitably dynamite success on the whole. Comics are a niche market, and there isn't much hope of them growing out of it. Marvel's output in the comic world would've all but died without the choice to fund a major movie universe that made a bunch of no-name characters pop culture darlings. It's the MCU that has kept the company floating, not the comics.

It's movies, like the Bond films, that really jack up profits and that's why we'll see Bond 25 sooner rather than later. It's not dead, it's not the end. All one needs to see that is a little perspective on how this series does things and where it's been before. Things work in patterns, as this one does. Besides all that, it makes no sense to saddle yourself to a mindset of despair and negativity. A film franchise isn't going to stop its gears after the last two grossed nearly two billion dollars at the box office alone, not even accounting for home video sales and digital release profits.

Clearly not a monty python fan..

No I know there will be a film at some point before the end of days but this latest rumor turned south for 007 Solstice (I would of even been fine with the title Honest) Just kind of got to me sorry I know I am in the minority and many here would either not want a video game period or would prefer a video game from (insert developer most fans want here I haven't the foggiest idea as I realize I am in the minority with wanting Ubisoft for Bond)

but I enjoyed Batman Telltale (well up until the Joker and episode 4 but yeah much like Arkham Knight we have to have the joker in there... you know for a character with such a well diverse rogues gallery the joker KEEPS POPPING UP and is by far the most over used villain right along side Lex Luthor and Dr Doom) and likely would of enjoyed 007 solstice.. would it be up there with goldeneye No but few games would.. So to look toward a more positive discussion over the annoyance this has turned out to be Brady and others join me in my new thread top 10 007 levels.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I simply don’t understand how a Telltale Bond game would hurt anyone. At worst, it would have drummed up interest in Bond gaming again after so long.

No one would have forced those who hate Telltale for not doing generic first/third person games to play them, you could have watched it on YouTube, just like you think is best for them. The game wouldn't have been a loss for you, and it would have been a win for those of us who would want a Telltale Bond game.

No point in insulting the people who wanted it by saying "Glad it's not happening".
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I simply don’t understand how a Telltale Bond game would hurt anyone. At worst, it would have drummed up interest in Bond gaming again after so long.

No one would have forced those who hate Telltale for not doing generic first/third person games to play them, you could have watched it on YouTube, just like you think is best for them. The game wouldn't have been a loss for you, and it would have been a win for those of us who would want a Telltale Bond game.

No point in insulting the people who wanted it by saying "Glad it's not happening".

I think you're taking this a bit too much to heart. I wasn't part of the "glad it's not happening" crowd, but even still, it's not like they threw a pot of hot water in your face by expressing their perspective. It's not meant as an insult to consumers who wanted it, just a disagreement with the devs and their style of content creation. Let's not get things twisted here.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    While I'm not a huge fan of Telltale, I would have liked to have seen what they did. Sad it was just a rumor. A new Bond game would be great right now.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    I want something like the most recent Hitman game.. I don't want an interactive cartoon- which Telltale looks like.. Regardless of subject matter, aesthetically, I just don't like the look.. I want something a little more leaning towards realistic looking.
    Yeah, I'd love it if IO Interactive made a Bond game.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd love it if IO Interactive made a Bond game.

@Murdock, with IO Interactive now going independent they can just make the next Hitman be an unofficial Bond game. Stuff a wig on 47 and call it a day (they'd just have to make sure one of the commas of hair on the wig hung on the right side of his face)! ;)
    Yeah I think it's high time 47 started wearing wigs. :))
    If only more of the James Bond games were on PC (EON, TWINE, FRWL, actual port of NF, and others) the modding scene would keep the 007 games somewhat alive today. The PC Bond games are all not so good.
    I actually think Rockstar would make an excellent Bond game. With their development, graphics engine, and proven track record of making cinema-worthy plots and characters, I believe it would be the right decision.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I don't think they would, though.

Nope. A licensed-based team they are not, and especially now with their hold on the industry, they have no reason not to just do more original content.

Nope. A licensed-based team they are not, and especially now with their hold on the industry, they have no reason not to just do more original content.
    Precisely my thoughts, even though they did make a video game based on a film before.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 28,694

Precisely my thoughts, even though they did make a video game based on a film before.

Absolutely, but that game was at a time where they weren't the massive company they would become later on. With their work put in with a long time in the biz, they have earned their right to make their own calls.

Absolutely, but that game was at a time where they weren't the massive company they would become later on. With their work put in with a long time in the biz, they have earned their right to make their own calls.
    Definitely. It's a different market, now, than it was back in the day.
    I am going to go all tin foil hat on everyone but what if 007 Solstice is true ... hear me out we haven't had a decline from EON or Telltale and the reason nothing was shown on E3 could be simply because Telltale isn't ready to showcase anything and that they won't have anything resembling a teaser till perhaps August or September.
    I am going to go all tin foil hat on everyone but what if 007 Solstice is true ... hear me out we haven't had a decline from EON or Telltale and the reason nothing was shown on E3 could be simply because Telltale isn't ready to showcase anything and that they won't have anything resembling a teaser till perhaps August or September.

As I said, there's still a chance of it, if it wasn't ready to show, but the leak came from a survey of games coming very soon, implying that the game, if it was real, would've been announced in that window like all the other titles. It doesn't help that the title design looked fake, and that Telltale have had no licensing or domain name acquisitions based on anything Bond related.

If we're still here a year from now talking about this game, it's a lost cause and likely wasn't ever real to begin with.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

It was nothing more than a rumor hinted at by some random on the Internet, who already confirmed he was duped into believing it. It's not happening. In fact, I'd be surprised if we magically got a Bond game out of nowhere before 'Bond 25' drops (or is even formally announced).
    Creasy47 wrote: »

It was nothing more than a rumor hinted at by some random on the Internet, who already confirmed he was duped into believing it. It's not happening. In fact, I'd be surprised if we magically got a Bond game out of nowhere before 'Bond 25' drops (or is even formally announced).

@Creasy47, where is this comment about the guy saying he was duped? I've never seen anyone post it, but I'd like to give it a read.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 40,502
    I checked the twitter of the original leaker: they're now saying that they were tricked and it was fake after all. Which is a real shame imo.
    I've checked that guy's Twitter, but it seems the tweet must've been deleted or I've missed it entirely.
    Even still, if the only bit of news we've heard is a rumor off Twitter that was likely debunked by the guy himself, then it's likely not happening.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 12,837
    The tweet I was on about

But they did say later that a Telltale Bond game wasn't out of the realms of possibility and that they were working on a new game as well as the upcoming sequels. So you never know. Could be something to it as it seems like that person didn't directly leak it themselves, just found it from a source (I think).
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 2,107
    I just want Batman season 2. My favorite from the studio because, you know, it's Batman.

20151027.jpg

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 5,185
    We might get another chance at a Telltale Bond game announcement at comic con.

Telltale has been teasing some summer announcement for weeks.

If nothing comes out of this one, then i will definitly put this rumor to rest.

I was laughed at when I said something might be announced at Comic Con.
    I'd love to be proved wrong with any Bond game announcement, but Comic-Cons don't really give off that feeling. It's TV and film, with video games having their E3 to get their releases out.

Just to stress again the importance of not getting hopes up.
    GoldenEye 007: Reloaded, if I remember correctly that is, was revealed at the 2011 Comic Con.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    00Agent wrote: »
    We might get another chance at a Telltale Bond game announcement at comic con.

Telltale has been teasing some summer announcement for weeks.

If nothing comes out of this one, then i will definitly put this rumor to rest.

62837622.jpg
    We will see