"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Alas the English at times well most of the time don't show that passion on the big stage, Bale on bench. Ronny will probably steal the show tonight
    Good start from Juve
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Why are we kicking off 5 mins late just to listen to some shit rap music? This is the European Cup final not the crappy Superbowl.

Ronaldo pulls his hammy after 5 mins because he's been stood in the tunnel going cold and some questions need asking.
    Thankfully I skipped Black eyed Peas
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 6,432
    World class football great goal
    Mandzukic!!!
    What a goal game on
    Strap yourself in this could be an epic!
    My thoughts exactly suprised how open the game is
    If you don't shoot you don't score, it was coming from Real
    Two deflections. Not going to be Buffon's night.
    Two deflections. Not going to be Buffon's night.

Poor luck on Buffons part... Goal game over
    Ronaldo is better than Messi

Ronaldo's hair cut is the same as he had when he signed for United, random observation.

Some criticise United and other teams for spending big, let's get real you have to to hope of competing against the likes of Real on tonight's performance.
    Ramos despicable
    Ramos despicable

Can't stand the guy, and he's shown why again tonight. Really don't like Ronaldo either, but it's not the way he plays football that makes me think that. Let's just say I would rather have Buffon lift the trophy on personality alone.

..And they scored again. Changing channel now, I think. Not the result one had hoped for.
    What a team Marcelo awesome in the build up
    Ramos despicable

Can't stand the guy, and he's shown why again tonight. Really don't like Ronaldo either, but it's not the way he plays football that makes me think that. Let's just say I would rather have Buffon lift the trophy on personality alone.

..And they scored again. Changing channel now, I think. Not the result one had hoped for.

We have to give credit to Real superb team
    edited June 2017 Posts: 9,117
    Children on the pitch backed by Coldplay on the Tannoy (well, public address system. Tannoy is a brand name). Aaah the joys of modern football.

To demolish a very good team like Juve like that is a very impressive achievement. Yes Ramos disgusting but let's not kid ourselves the Juve players wouldn't have done the same.

The only sad note is Buffon. Poor bloke never even had a chance to make a save.

Ronaldo greatest ever? I'd still give the nod to Maradona but it's very difficult to argue against him.
    Children on the pitch backed by Coldplay on the Tannoy (well, public address system. Tannoy is a brand name). Aaah the joys of modern football.

To demolish a very good team like Juve like that is a very impressive achievement. Yes Ramos disgusting but let's not kid ourselves the Juve players wouldn't have done the same.

Ronaldo greatest ever? I'd still give the nod to Maradona but it's very difficult to argue against him.

It's difficult to compare the different era's, I came to the conclusion Maradona was better than Messi simply because Messi for all his ability cant carry a team... Certainly at international level.

Edited: Plus Maradona was in a era when defenders kicked the crap out of attackers.
  • RC7RC7
    Madrid doing what Barca should've done.

Ronaldo - next level.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Madrid doing what Barca should've done.

Ronaldo - next level.

+1
    Ramos judge verdict was...

9 9 8 9 9

Gold in diving

It's difficult to compare the different era's, I came to the conclusion Maradona was better than Messi simply because Messi for all his ability cant carry a team... Certainly at international level.

Edited: Plus Maradona was in a era when defenders kicked the crap out of attackers.

I'm with you.

1. Maradona dragged bog average teams to titles.
    2. He got kicked off the park. Given how easy it is to get sent off these days (tonight a case in point) defenders would either have to stand offf him and get torn to shreds or end the match with 9 men.
    3. Look at the surfaces he played on. Watch the second goal in 86 and watch how much the ball is bobbling about yet still it stays glued to his foot.
  • RC7RC7
    Agreed. Maradonna>Messi

I'm with you.

1. Maradona dragged bog average teams to titles.
    2. He got kicked off the park. Given how easy it is to get sent off these days (tonight a case in point) defenders would either have to stand offf him and get torn to shreds or end the match with 9 men.
    3. Look at the surfaces he played on. Watch the second goal in 86 and watch how much the ball is bobbling about yet still it stays glued to his foot.

Maradona was tough I am not saying that's not in Messi locker though Maradona lived it, Argentians generally take no shit unless your name is Veron, bad joke lol

Edited: Though when Veron and Becks were hitting cross field balls at will away in the Champions League against Juve in a 3 - 0 demolition it was poetry, and Spurs away miraculous comeback Veron excelled in those games.
    Uh, oh, when people start saying CR is better than Messi, one knows it's time to call it quits and stop discussing football.
    Uh, oh, when people start saying CR is better than Messi, one knows it's time to call it quits and stop discussing football.

Disagree
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 1,009

Disagree

We'll have to agree to disagree.

But take something into account here: CR is sorrounded by pros, Messi is sorrounded by idiots, both in Barcelona and in Argentina, I know. I'm from Barcelona myself and I see every day what a bordello my fav team has been turned into, while our bitter rivals do their work well.

Disagree

We'll have to agree to disagree

:) it's difficult to compare though over a period of time Ronny has surpassed Messi at this point.

Disagree

:) it's difficult to compare though over a period of time Ronny has surpassed Messi at this point.

Disagree

And you base that on... what exactly? The fact that you are a United fan perhaps?
    jobo wrote: »

Disagree

Disagree

And you base that on... what exactly? The fact that you are a United fan perhaps?

United fan