"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

France 1-1 England

Great save by Tom Heaton ,and all the England defenders didn't react as usual...frickin' useless.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 19,339
    France 2-1 England HT

You have to feel sorry for Tom Heaton here,he has made 2 great saves and both times the defence haven't reacted.

I see John Stones is his usual overrated shit self.

France 2 -2 England

Video evidence gets England a penalty and a French player sent off ...I love it !!
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 19,339
    France 3-2 England

Even against 10 men its the same shit,different day.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    France 3-2 England

Lol! No need to add anything here Barry!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    France 3-2 England

Lol! No need to add anything here Barry!

Hahaha touche !
    France really has some good squad option these days!
    Damn right...worrying for my crap,overpaid,footballers.
  • RC7RC7
    Our under 20s just won the World Cup so it's not all doom and gloom.
    RC7 wrote: »

They have to be nurtured....
    Damn right...worrying for my crap,overpaid,footballers.
    Well, at least those players are doing better than the Norwegian national team. Down to 87th on the FIFA ranking now. They just can't make a win these days. With that being said, the match against the Czech Republic last weekend wasn't that bad. Should have got a win, but they looked a lot better than last year.
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »

They have to be nurtured....

Exactly.
    Salah should be a good signing for Liverpool.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Hopefully, Salah will be a cracking signing. People will say he flopped at Chelsea but Mourinho bought him the last time Liverpool were in for him but never played him.

Last night - same old story for an England team in a semi final vs Germany.
    This happens every time when it comes to penalties...it seems the Under-21's are as cursed as the main team.

Looks like we have to rely on the U-20's then.
  • GBFGBF
    This happens every time when it comes to penalties...it seems the Under-21's are as cursed as the main team.

Honestly the difference was so very obvious already during the match. It always felt as if the German team had one player more. Penalties are always 80% luck.
    GBF wrote: »

Honestly the difference was so very obvious already during the match. It always felt as if the German team had one player more. Penalties are always 80% luck.

There is no doubt Germany deserved to win...the England lads seem to revert to how the senior team plays - passing sideways and just kicking long balls.

They all need more 1st team action as the German boys already have,as it really shows.

Didn't even bother with it to be honest. By the looks of it? It's the same old story throughout every level of English football!
    Laca-yes or Laca-no? Do hope the Lacazette to Arsenal rumours end with an early transfer window signing. Needs another signing on top of that, I think.
    Laca-yes or Laca-no? Do hope the Lacazette to Arsenal rumours end with an early transfer window signing. Needs another signing on top of that, I think.

Arsenal should sign James.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 17,279
    001 wrote: »

Arsenal should sign James.

Wouldn't be against signing James Rodríguez. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if RM put a very big price tag on him - and we know how Wenger feels about that. If they do sign Lacazette, I can't see them signing a second player with a similar transfer fee. Kolašinac came on a free transfer, though, so they should be able to spend more money this summer.
    Backpage headlines and transfer rumours from Sunday's national newspapers as Arsenal reportedly prepare a £125m bid for Kylian Mbappe.

Or buy Mbappe. How does Wenger feel about a £125m player?
    Backpage headlines and transfer rumours from Sunday's national newspapers as Arsenal reportedly prepare a £125m bid for Kylian Mbappe.

If Wenger is in the market for a player with a £125m+ price tag, it would only have to mean that he really wants to sign him. Maybe he's seeing a new Thierry Henry?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

If Wenger is in the market for a player with a £125m+ price tag, it would only have to mean that he really wants to sign him. Maybe he's seeing a new Thierry Henry?

les+dennisweb.jpg

Arsenal never going to spend that much. And if you are worth £125m and have the slightest ambition why the hell would you sign for Arsenal?
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 17,279
    Even us Arsenal fans ask that question. According to reports (which you probably can't trust anyway), Real Madrid can't promise Mbappe first team football - which wouldn't be an issue at Arsenal. If there is a slim chance of signing him, this would be the strongest selling point.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited July 2017 Posts: 9,117
    Even us Arsenal fans ask that question. According to reports (which you probably can't trust anyway), Real Madrid can't promise Mbappe first team football - which wouldn't be an issue at Arsenal. If there is a slim chance of signing him, this would be the strongest selling point.

There's half a dozen clubs out there just as big as Arsenal who can guarantee him first team and CL football.

If youre scared to go to Real because you dont think you are good enough to force your way into the team then you arent good enough to sign for them. Real demand winners not blokes who are happy to take the easy route and are content be Billy Big Bollocks at a club that just treads water like Arsenal. No one who seriously thinks they are world class turns down going to Real. From what I have seen of him I thought this lad looked like the real deal. I'm less sure now.

And anyway why spend that money but they wont bump Sanchez and Ozil up to a decent wage to stay which would be the much cheaper option?
    And anyway why spend that money but they wont bump Sanchez and Ozil up to a decent wage to stay which would be the much cheaper option?

Even if the bump the wages on those two, the striker situation is still the same. I like Giroud, but he's been most useful as an impact player in certain games. Welbeck isn't bad too, but he's not the most clinical option. He can play on the sides, though.

From what I've read, Sánchez won't sign a new contract unless the club show some real ambition in the transfer market. A statement signing is supposed to show that they mean business - which if they do, I'm only mildly optimistic about. Two-three signings won't solve many problems.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    comics-WUMO-cow-football-581171.jpeg
    So Germany won the Confederations cup and that was a strong match in which the referee should be send of for doing a video check en then giving a yellow card for what clearly was a strike with an elbow, and again in all wisdom the Chilean goalie should have been send of with a pack of red card when he took that German player in a choke hold after he did not release the ball. The French referee was clearly not up for a international finale.
    Overal the German and the Portuguese were the best teams at this tournament, which got his rightful winner.
    Good practice for the World Cup then,