Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,423
    I know I have seen Assassins, but can hardly remember a single scene. Must have been a really poor movie.

giphy.gif
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,690
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin @Creasy47

1st look at Inner City, the upcoming film from the director of 'Nightcrawler', this time with Denzel Washington and Colin Farrell:

The plot: Denzel Washington stars as Roman Israel, a driven, idealistic defense attorney who, through a tumultuous series of events, finds himself in a crisis that leads to extreme action.

denzel-washington-gets-into-character-while-filming-inner-city-01.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Loving the fro.
    I'm there on Day One!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,690
    @doubleoego I do hope you love that fro, because as soon as Denzel finishes making this film, he's going straight to the set of 'The Equalizer 2', where he'll be bald. ;)
    Loving the ´fro and the suit! Those lapels look as if he could fly away with them!
    Now, I love ABBA. I loved the musical (saw it twice, loved it both time, got the two albums, one english, one french), and I liked the movie. But this :

radiotimes.com/news/2017-05-20/a-mamma-mia-movie-sequel-is-actually-happening---and-its-called-here-we-go-again

No. Just no. Very bad idea. And this is from an ABBA fan, remember. I hope it won't happen. If I got that news in april, I would have thought it was a joke.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2017 Posts: 4,442
    QOS be number one 2008 movie in The Netherlands, but i am/was very happy Mamma Mia starring Pierce Brosnan end on the 4th place and beat The Dark Knight. The number 2 of 2008 was Madagascar 2 where Daniel Craig Bond from 2006 get a litle spoof. Number 3 was a Dutch movie and number 6 The Kite Runner from QOS directer.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    M_Balje wrote: »
    QOS be number one 2008 movie in The Netherlands, but i am/was very happy Mamma Mia starring Pierce Brosnan end on the 4th place and beat The Dark Knight.
    Shocking. Positively shocking!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited May 2017 Posts: 7,980
    From the Mummy, there's something fishy about this Easter egg

talos7 wrote: »
    From the Mummy, there's something fishy about this Easter egg

The Creature... Awesome.
    Looks swampy.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Let's hope Pierce Brosnan wil be in this one..

http://www.darkhorizons.com/atkinson-returns-for-third-johnny-english/
    Atkinson Returns For Third “Johnny English”
    By Garth Franklin Sunday, May 21st 2017 2:50 pm

Pre-production has reportedly begun on a third film in the “Johnny English” spy spoof series with Rowan Atkinson returning to the role of the bumbling secret agent.

Chortle broke the news, the film coming six years after the sequel “Johnny English Reborn”. No plot details are yet known about the threequel or who else will star.

Last month, Atkinson revealed that he wanted to make the film sometime this year. Both previous films earned $160 million worldwide.

The new film is currently scheduled for an October 12th 2018 release in the UK.
    Special thanks to @DaltonCraig007 for this one!! :D

JOHNNY ENGLISH 3 IS HAPPENING!!

http://screenrant.com/johnny-english-3-rowan-atkinson-return/
    I like the JE movies so this is good news.

In other news they're rebooting the Resident Evil franchise.

Why?
    It's going to be tough finding someone who can kick 'a' like Milla. I hope it's not 'go to girl' Vikander.

Looking forward to Johnny English.

That photo above of Denzel in Inner City has got me curious. Nightcrawler was a superb film, so this is one I'm definitely looking forward to.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,423
    I do sincerely hope it's not Vikander getting in. I'm kind of growing tired of seeing her everywhere. As if Lara Croft wasn't enough.

And also, if they're "rebooting" Resident Evil (For God's sake when is this reboot trend going away? I'll declare that day a national holiday), then I do hope it's not based on the outline of the films, but the original games. They can take example from the computer animated films.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    A few years ago, I was all for rebooting the series to be more like the games. But since I accepted the fact that they wont be like the games, and enjoy them for being action/horror hybrids, I hoped that a reboot wouldn't happen.
    Someone who has proved she can kick some serious butt is Rebecca Ferguson. Mesmerizing, and I'd love to see her with her own franchise sometime.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    With Milla though, she's more of an unconventional beauty. It's sort of like... you don't see it immediately, but the more you watch her onscreen, the more you begin to see it.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    When she was younger, Milla was incredible. First time I saw her was on Married with Kids, and she made an impression immediately.
    Milla Jovovich is a darling! :D
    edited May 2017 Posts: 40,473
    The final 'Resident Evil' installment JUST came out on blu-ray, took them less than a week to announce a reboot. I wonder if these will be closer to the games now.

EDIT: Well there goes my interest: Tom Holland will star as a young Nathan Drake in the new 'Uncharted' movie, which will be a prequel to the events of the games:

http://deadline.com/2017/05/tom-holland-uncharted-nathan-drake-movie-spider-man-homecoming-shawn-levy-1202099530/
    I was sure they only cast him as 'young' Drake and they intended to have adult Drake too, but I read the article (and others) and apparently not....

Seems an odd choice. Holland will be great as young Drake, but come on.... young Drake wasn't the most exciting part of the games....
    Agreed, @Master_Dahark. This article perfectly demonstrates why I think it's a bad idea:

http://collider.com/uncharted-movie-tom-holland-young-nathan-drake/#images

I don't see this being the movie to break the spell of bad gaming adaptations.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 4,813
    I guess they could be meeting us halfway, seeing as Tom Holland is nearly 21, and if I'm not mistaken, the young Drake portions of the game depicted him at around 15.

That's not a lot, but in terms of teen vs young adult, it's a big difference. I just want to make sure I see Nathan Drake shoot someone, lol

*Edit: of course, that doesn't mean he's not 'playing' 15. I guess we'll just see.
    I guess they could be meeting us halfway, seeing as Tom Holland is nearly 21, and if I'm not mistaken, the young Drake portions of the game depicted him at around 15.

That's not a lot, but in terms of teen vs young adult, it's a big difference. I just want to make sure I see Nathan Drake shoot someone, lol

If they were meeting us halfway, then we'd get a significant portion of the film focusing on a young Drake, with the other portion following a present-day Drake going on an adventure of some sort. Instead, just sounds like a dull prequel showing the early days of Drake (something the games already did, likely in much better fashion).
    edited May 2017 Posts: 11,139
    The hell? No adult Drake?

15217273.gif

Edit: of course, Avi Arad is producing. SMDH.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I like the JE movies so this is good news.

In other news they're rebooting the Resident Evil franchise.

Why?

Because they want to make them closer to the games. Alice wasn't in the games she was completely made up for the movies.