Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I just bought mass effect andromeda, haven't played it yet, anyone have any thoughts on the game
    I just bought mass effect andromeda, haven't played it yet, anyone have any thoughts on the game

Been thinking about buying Andromeda Not got round to it as yet.

@Master_Dahark crushing Tie Fighters with force grip never gets old, Unleashed 2 you are seriously over powered from the start though it's great fun.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Alien: Isolation

I'm getting hyped for the new movie so I felt like I should do another play through. Does anyone know if this is getting a much deserved sequel?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Played it, got the Platinum, and loved it. Check the last couple of pages, I posted some thoughts.
    Forza Horizon 2 Storm Island and Xbox One have a half price sale on Star Wars games for May the Fourth so bought Star Wars Lego Complete Saga Good fun.
    I've been loving it since it came out last year, but I have a newfound obsession with 'Hitman' lately, particularly with trying to do as many challenges on Professional Difficulty as I can. It's tough.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Ace Combat: The Belkan War
    Hadn't played it for a couple of weeks. I jumped back in today, and finished the final mission, blowing up the targets in the dam, the jet with that light saber thing and the final jet. With that last bit, I had taken 94% damage. One more hit, and I would have had to have restarted the mission. On to AC5 next.
    Hadn't played it for a couple of weeks. I jumped back in today, and finished the final mission, blowing up the targets in the dam, the jet with that light saber thing and the final jet. With that last bit, I had taken 94% damage. One more hit, and I would have had to have restarted the mission. On to AC5 next.

Always love those moments where I escape/complete a level by the skin of my teeth. I sunk a good two hours into this one single mission on 'Hitman' yesterday, and I could've completed it with ease, but I was getting cocky trying to take out all the NPC's in the level. I'm at the exit of the level, three shots remaining in my handgun, and a guard sees me. I fire once, hit him in the shoulder, and the next two shots miss, so as soon as he aims and starts hitting me with his god-like accuracy, I escape the level. Just a second more - if that - and I would've failed and wasted all that time for nothing.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Always love those moments where I escape/complete a level by the skin of my teeth. I sunk a good two hours into this one single mission on 'Hitman' yesterday, and I could've completed it with ease, but I was getting cocky trying to take out all the NPC's in the level. I'm at the exit of the level, three shots remaining in my handgun, and a guard sees me. I fire once, hit him in the shoulder, and the next two shots miss, so as soon as he aims and starts hitting me with his god-like accuracy, I escape the level. Just a second more - if that - and I would've failed and wasted all that time for nothing.

It adds an extra thrill to be on the ropes and still win.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Rise of The Triad (2013):

QUTtVbZ.jpg

I've heard nothing but positive reaction from this game, having played the original one in the late nineties on my uncle's old computer, I'd say this remake definitely has the build, feeling and the positive absurdity (depends if you like absurdity) of the 1990s first person shooters. Updated graphics and believable enemy compounds, you, as the player, are given the option to play as an operative of a deadly task force called H.U.N.T. consisting of different characters, yet all with the same attitude. Out of five choices, I picked a girl this time. Thi Barrett, who ridiculously looks like a punk version of Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow. Normally, I'd take Taradino Cassatt in the old game, but he didn't appeal to me in the remake for a reason.

latest?cb=20131012070214
    Femme fatale sweethearts everywhere...

It's going to be a long-lasting play through for me to finish it, but here's me having finished off the first stage, or Episode 01 accordingly, slaughtering dozens of terrorists who, in 21st century, are dressed like WWII Nazi styled troops. Somebody's an idealist. And the weirdest thing is that, the compounds and castles I race through, totting my guns at them all, they all heavily resemble German castles and Nazi Waffen SS headquarters when the location is supposed to be set on San Nicholas Island in California. It has 1990s in heart written all over it!

ss_461051b5341b88e3d01e49e6bbe38d16ae129b59.1920x1080.jpg

My all time favourite thing in it, aside from the Canadian hotheaded ginger darling that is Thi Barrett, is the inclusion of the Walther PPK as the main sidearm, since it's my all time favourite weapon, it pleases me to see it in any video game. It's awfully driven by the Dieselpunk genre. And of course, eventually, at the end of the first "episode", you encounter an evil boss that you have to "kill" in consecutive three phases. One General Darian who (@MajorDSmythe, you might be curious about this) who looks and talks like Major Maxim from the Danger Girl comics.

SB7vtua.jpg
    "Take that, you...!"

The game is rich with smugly bad attitude on behalf of every existing person in it, and by that I only mean the important characters so the regular goons don't count. Lots of swearing, vulgarity, blood and gore, all the things that embody the imagery of "badassness", including lots of humour and comedic elements. The important cutscenes, such as the intro, is drawn in a comic book-ish way, with panels, illustrations, dialogue cubes and whatnot. But, the game itself was made on a very tight budget, with almost every penny going to licensing and acquiring the game engine. All in all, I've been enjoying this. A remake done right considering its budget which definitely does not disappoint. I've yet to play the rest.

After this, I might try Shadow Warrior, another remake of a 90s FPS classic.
    I also bought ME Andromeda. The combat needs to get used to.

Haven't encountered many bugs so far. I like the crew too. More lighthearted, than crews were in the original trilogy. Ryder is just a guy/,or girl , who is up to for new adventures in a new galaxy.

Also plsyed through the first episode of Borderlands, the Telltale series. Vert lighthesrarted compared to Telltale's other games, namely Batman or the walking dead.

QUTtVbZ.jpg

I've heard nothing but positive reaction from this game, having played the original one in the late nineties on my uncle's old computer, I'd say this remake definitely has the build, feeling and the positive absurdity (depends if you like absurdity) of the 1990s first person shooters. Updated graphics and believable enemy compounds, you, as the player, are given the option to play as an operative of a deadly task force called H.U.N.T. consisting of different characters, yet all with the same attitude. Out of five choices, I picked a girl this time. Thi Barrett, who ridiculously looks like a punk version of Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow. Normally, I'd take Taradino Cassatt in the old game, but he didn't appeal to me in the remake for a reason.

latest?cb=20131012070214

It's going to be a long-lasting play through for me to finish it, but here's me having finished off the first stage, or Episode 01 accordingly, slaughtering dozens of terrorists who, in 21st century, are dressed like WWII Nazi styled troops. Somebody's an idealist. And the weirdest thing is that, the compounds and castles I race through, totting my guns at them all, they all heavily resemble German castles and Nazi Waffen SS headquarters when the location is supposed to be set on San Nicholas Island in California. It has 1990s in heart written all over it!

My all time favourite thing in it, aside from the Canadian hotheaded ginger darling that is Thi Barrett, is the inclusion of the Walther PPK as the main sidearm, since it's my all time favourite weapon, it pleases me to see it in any video game. It's awfully driven by the Dieselpunk genre. And of course, eventually, at the end of the first "episode", you encounter an evil boss that you have to "kill" in consecutive three phases. One General Darian who (@MajorDSmythe, you might be curious about this) who looks and talks like Major Maxim from the Danger Girl comics.

SB7vtua.jpg
    "Take that, you...!"

The game is rich with smugly bad attitude on behalf of every existing person in it, and by that I only mean the important characters so the regular goons don't count. Lots of swearing, vulgarity, blood and gore, all the things that embody the imagery of "badassness", including lots of humour and comedic elements. The important cutscenes, such as the intro, is drawn in a comic book-ish way, with panels, illustrations, dialogue cubes and whatnot. But, the game itself was made on a very tight budget, with almost every penny going to licensing and acquiring the game engine. All in all, I've been enjoying this. A remake done right considering its budget which definitely does not disappoint. I've yet to play the rest.

I've never heard of that game. But your post gives me a Wolfenstein / NOLF vibe.

QUTtVbZ.jpg

latest?cb=20131012070214

SB7vtua.jpg
    "Take that, you...!"

I've never heard of that game. But your post gives me a Wolfenstein / NOLF vibe.
    @MajorDSmythe, the original 1995 game, Rise of The Triad was going to be a proper sequel to Wolfenstein 3D, but id Software decided not to pursue it and focus on the creation of Doom instead, hence the title adopted an original form of an intellectual property, and quite an appreciative one at that.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Okay so I have played a couple hours of ME Andromeda and it is great, no bugs or anything like that. The game is so large and complicated though that there are all these different menus and stuff that is annoying. The combat also takes getting use to but all in all it is a fun game
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Okay so I have played a couple hours of ME Andromeda and it is great, no bugs or anything like that. The game is so large and complicated though that there are all these different menus and stuff that is annoying. The combat also takes getting use to but all in all it is a fun game

RPGs can be nuts like that, @JamesBondKenya, what with all its inventory lists, upgrade/skill trees, indexes, etc. You should try your hand at The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt soon. The amount of complexity in that game will really knock your socks off. Open world games are my area, and even I was shocked by all there was to it.
    Witcher 3 was good, although I never finished it. I'm more of a scifi guy. Haven't finished any of the fantasy rpg's (Oblivion, Skyrim , Witcher...heck, not even a single Final Fantasy), but have finished any scifi game I've gotten my hands on to.

It all does take some getting used to, but you'll get the hang of it eventually. Make sure to save often! You never know what random game-breaking bug you may possibly run across in your adventures.

Has anyone here played 'Sniper Elite 4' yet, by any chance? Been wanting to pick that one up, seems like a load of fun.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    SharkBait wrote: »
    Witcher 3 was good, although I never finished it. I'm more of a scifi guy. Haven't finished any of the fantasy rpg's (Oblivion, Skyrim , Witcher...heck, not even a single Final Fantasy), but have finished any scifi game I've gotten my hands on to.

@SharkBait, I'm the exact opposite. No interest in sci-fi, but I can tolerate fantasy, though I've never been super into it. I usually prefer grounded things with some reality attached to them, but my like of fantasy has increased somewhat and I enjoy the lore of The Witcher. I'm taking my time with it, playing it off and on, and enjoying myself. It has great characters well realized, and that's what keeps me glued. On top of that it's a perfect realization of an RPG and open world game, showing other developers how to get it right.
    Looks like I'm closing in on the end of ME: Andromeda's story. The bones of a really good story are there, but they are sacrificed for the open world concept. I'll have to do another playthrough and really try to immerse myself in the open world concept, because it doesn't feel as though I've spent enough time with the game yet.
    dalton wrote: »
    Looks like I'm closing in on the end of ME: Andromeda's story. The bones of a really good story are there, but they are sacrificed for the open world concept. I'll have to do another playthrough and really try to immerse myself in the open world concept, because it doesn't feel as though I've spent enough time with the game yet.

I think doing so definitely helps. I closed in around 80-90 hours for my initial, 100% playthrough where I tried to complete all the quests and explore everything. Found it funny just how much time I sunk into it, then it took me less than 10 hours after that to run through the game on Insanity.
    Five Nights at Freddy's 4 (2015). Very difficult, and terrifying, indie game. Despite much of the fanbase being toxic, I have very much enjoyed the FNAF games - especially the first one. I have high hopes for the movie to succeed.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Five Nights at Freddy's 4 (2015). Very difficult, and terrifying, indie game. Despite much of the fanbase being toxic, I have very much enjoyed the FNAF games - especially the first one. I have high hopes for the movie to succeed.

I have a 12 year old niece who is almost obsessed with that game and its characters.
    FoxRox wrote: »

I have a 12 year old niece who is almost obsessed with that game and its characters.

I have no idea why, but the series is particularly popular with kids.
    Probably the cutesy animal designs that deceive them.
    It was definitely a unique experience getting to play the games. The first remains my favorite for certain. Then 4, then 2, then 3. Pretty decent short games if you like horror and a bit of a challenge.
    Finished the main story for Mass Effect: Andromeda. Got to say, now that I can claim to have beaten the game, that I don't get what all the complaints were about. This is a fine entry in the ME franchise. I do have some issues with the story on a general level, as I thought that we should have been introduced to far more new species as part of the new galaxy, and the story did seem to hit some of the same beats as previous ME games, but all-in-all, this game should set up for a pretty decent storyline moving forward. I very much want to continue playing as Sara Ryder, so I hope they continue this story.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 2,107
    The most recent news are, that the mass effect franchise has been put on a hiatus and Bioware Montreal team has been split into supporting roles in various other EA games like Battlefront 2 and Bioware's next ip, which also will be delayed. (Which is probably good, so it will ship in stores as finished product)

It might be a long while before we get the next ME.

Haven't finished MEA yet, so I have long way to go with my Ryder and don't know the ending yet. The next one might be a soft reboot for all I know.
    Just saw that news on Mass Effect. It's a shame that they're being swayed by the negativity that was going to be there regardless. People were determined to hate the game before it was even launched and now that apparently has put an indefinite end to the franchise. What a shame, especially since Andromeda was/is a pretty good game.
    People definitely had rose-tinted glasses for the old games, which also had some iffy writing, voice acting, face/body modeling and all the rest at times. I don't know if it's just my mind playing tricks on me, but so many consumers in every industry today seem so goddamn cynical about anything that is put out. If they don't enjoy a game they can't just simply state their dislike and move on, they have to mount a flame war over it as if the game disc morphed into a hand and bitch slapped them across the face for days on end. It smacks of such a first world mentality.
    I'm equally playing both Nightfire and Everything or Nothing on a GameCube emulator, right now. With both having a close set up (with keyboard and mouse nonetheless) to what they would have seemed like had they been Windows PC video games, and I'm having helluva of a time with them both.

The way they're enhanced to whichever graphical quality my computer would allow all look totally utterly solid. It just shows how much care was given to both of these titles and how both were treated like AAA game projects rather than just strapping cliches and weakly reckless development like the Activision titles for example.

Nightfire:
    8ZIYRA8.png
    Q9Aq2x4.jpg
    eUD6S8C.jpg
    guY9jYE.jpg
    0AW88HF.jpg
    jIMqCM3.jpg

Everything or Nothing:
    X6GLxzI.jpg
    GeXEvcp.png
    Bs4U65T.jpg
    U0EztNn.jpg