The NHL Thread

Comments

• edited May 2017 Posts: 4,622
    Caps are still alive! Ovie, Hagman, Holtby all clutch.
    The line shakeup seems to have worked.
    Oilers Ducks look real Interesting. ie Oilers should have won Game 5, so this series is still a pickem

I wonder how good the Predators actually are?
    They are first to final four, but still seem like the sleeper team.
    And the Senators! Talk about clutch in game 5!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Oilers up 5-0 in the first period alone, so barring an unbelievable comeback, it looks like they'll force a game seven. I think the Pens have it in Pittsburgh tomorrow...hopefully, anyway. I feel like they can win it there. Hoping the Senators move on, as well.
    5-0 wow!
    Talk about making up for the Game 5 collapse

Game 7 should be epic!
    edited May 2017 Posts: 40,372
    6-0 right off the bat 45 seconds into the game. Insane; the Oilers have come to play tonight! So glad I decided to watch this.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Watch Edmonton get shutout in game 7
    Watch Edmonton get shutout in game 7

If they play even 60% of how they're playing tonight, they should be good.
    Oilers-Ducks has been a heck of a series. Personally glad to see the Blues eliminated.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    More happy to see Nashville advance.
    I'm hoping for a Pens/Preds final still, would be an incredible series.
    Id love that but the ratings wont
    Their ratings would be even better if their subscription service didn't include blackouts for teams that are seen as being in your area. If I can't watch any Pens games, then I have zero need to pay a bunch of money for the service.
    Wait so you don't even get NBC or NBCSN because it's blacked out there?
    Wait so you don't even get NBC or NBCSN because it's blacked out there?

I could get the games on TV, but nobody really watches it at my house so we don't bother with it. I just watch stuff through apps on my PS4, like HBO and Netflix and Hulu and whatnot. I have to resort to looking online to watch the hockey games.
  • TheSharkFromJawsTheSharkFromJaws Amity Island Waters
    timmer wrote: »
    Holtby certainly was far from clutch, at least until the third. You see the first two goals he gave up? On just ten shots, no less.

Still, I had a feeling the Caps were gonna win that one. I hoped for them to go down, but you don't win the President's Trophy for nothing. Same thing happened last year.
    The Ducks played worse than Italy in their 10-1 loss to Russia at the World Championship today! I hope Edmonton continues the momentum in game 7. As does Washington in game 6 ;)
    Holtby certainly was far from clutch, at least until the third. You see the first two goals he gave up? On just ten shots, no less.

Still, I had a feeling the Caps were gonna win that one. I hoped for them to go down, but you don't win the President's Trophy for nothing. Same thing happened last year.

Caps are done tonight

Caps are done tonight

This. Pens can't let it go to a game seven in Washington, they have it tonight.
    Just need a fast start. Go up 2-0 early and they're good.
    Just need a fast start. Go up 2-0 early and they're good.

Their issue is keeping and maintaining a lead. Sometimes they get a little lax when they have a lead, instead of playing a full 60 minutes at 100%. The game won't be over until it's over for me, but yes, they need to start playing as soon as the game starts. Their big issue throughout the playoffs this season is a weak first period. Caps will come out firing tonight, so they need to dictate the game right off the bat.
    The only way I see Washington winning is if they carry the momentum from game 5. That's why a fast start will stop any chance during this game
    The only way I see Washington winning is if they carry the momentum from game 5. That's why a fast start will stop any chance during this game

Hopefully that's not the case. Would enjoy the Pens coming out and going 5-0 in the first like Edmonton did last night! What a game that was.
    As a part time Anaheim fan I didn't like last night
    As a part time Anaheim fan I didn't like last night

I bet, that was one of the most one-sided games I've ever seen. I know the Ducks were mad and playing a bit dirty at times, but they didn't have the power plays going for them, either. Nothing was going right.

The sole highlight for them would be not getting shutout, I suppose.
    Gibson couldn't stop a beach ball last night. Definitely a liability heading into game 7. He hasn't played well at all this series. The only reason why there is even a game 7 is because the Ducks offense showed up for all the games they won.
    I'm rooting Capitals. Not sure why. Just have to adopt a team.
    I do like Ovie's defiant attitude towards the league on Olympic participation.
    I partially like them but I'm kinda going for Washington to lose so they realize that presidents trophies don't mean squat in the playoffs and they slowly dismantle and trade some high prized assets to Florida
    edited May 2017 Posts: 40,372
    I partially like them but I'm kinda going for Washington to lose so they realize that presidents trophies don't mean squat in the playoffs and they slowly dismantle and trade some high prized assets to Florida

Wouldn't that be interesting? They can only win so many and choke in the playoffs before there's some sort of shake-up.

EDIT: Pens are looking like hot garbage right now. If the Caps take this to a game seven, I don't see the Pens winning this.
    Count me surprised about the pens-caps game. Game 7 should be interesting.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    The Pens were that bad, and the Caps were that good. I was hoping for a Pens victory, but after the first period it really looked like one team took a turn for the worse, the other team looks like it's finally turned the corner on its past...
    Pittsburgh will win Game 7. You heard it here first.

Washington tends to choke in game 7s