Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    You are right that means SPECTRE never happend

That might well please a good few people!

What would people spend all their days and nights complaining about then?

Exactly! I'm really a fan of the film though, especially the Colonel Sun inspired drill torture scene. The official use of part of a Bond continuation novel got me very excited.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    It doesn't matter what would have followed SF.
    As long as the whining SF fanatics fraction doesn't receive another such "gem" it will complain for all eternity :lol:
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    It doesn't matter what would have followed SF.
    As long as the whining SF fanatics fraction doesn't receive another such "gem" it will complain for all eternity :lol:

=D>
  • KaijuDirectorOO7KaijuDirectorOO7 Once Upon a Time Somewhere...
    Character Types I hate:

*The overly stupid idiot who's corny (how I view most of Steve Martin's characters)
    *Overly pompous, arrogant bastards who always stand on ceremony, claim to be important, and are generally gigantic asses (however, if they can back up their arrogance with legitimate feats of awesome, then they are exempt from my hatred)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @peter, shouldn't have doubted yourself, Toronto's up 2-1 in the series now! I'll be ecstatic if they beat Washington in this first round.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    My bracket is all jacked up thanks to Nashville. But since I want them to win it's all good
    My bracket is all jacked up thanks to Nashville. But since I want them to win it's all good

Same and same. I'm sure the possibility of the Caps exiting the first round and the Blackhawks getting swept is messing up a LOT of brackets, mine included. No complaints from me!
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Which is good. A thought of a Chicago- Pittsburgh final was sickening to me
    Blackhawks are a joke. Did not see it coming this year. Besides the Ducks and Pens, it's looking like it may be the year of the underdogs.
    I'd be down for a ducks-pens final
    My prediction is Blues-Pens.
    Im thinking Edmonton if they can get by San Jose. With Chicago possibly out, the west is wide open and i think they'll be the dark horse.
    Would love a Pens/Oilers final. I think the last team to win a series after being down 3-0 was the Kings a few years back. Has only happened a few select times, I believe.
    The odds aren't in their favors. If Washington gets taken out, Pittsburgh will basically stroll into the finals twirling a cane. The West is wide open
    Hawks are just not as energetic and prepared as they used to be. Don't know if it's just age or a mental problem or what. Pens are easily my pick for the East, but the Maple Leafs look like they mean business. Canadiens may also have a chance. The West is more difficult, but I think Blues, Ducks, and Oilers have the best chances of reaching the Cup.
    Washington was in the same scenario two years ago against the Islanders and won in 7. I see them winning this series.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 12,268
    They might. But they always seem to lose before reaching the top at some point, despite being one of the best in the regular season.
    Washington may find a way to win the series, but if they're struggling this tough with a team that barely eked into the playoffs, I see them choking once again.
    If they do lose, i wonder if it's only a matter of time before they start gutting the team
    edited April 2017 Posts: 17,804
    A specific thread for this ice hockey sports chat would be a nice idea and easier to find for those interested too. Also, perhaps all of these posts could be archived there? It just seems a pity for it to be lost amongst general chat. Just a suggestion. :)
    If they do lose, i wonder if it's only a matter of time before they start gutting the team

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens. You can only win so many Presidents Trophies and choke in the playoffs before a major change is inbound.
    A specific thread for this ice hockey sports chat would be a nice idea and easier to find for those interested too. Also, perhaps all of these posts could be archived there? It just seems a pity for it to be lost amongst general chat. Just a suggestion. :)

I'm fine with that if the moderators are
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

I think you lads have earned it, and there's clearly enough people interested in the topic for there to warrant the thread's creation. This has thankfully never been a place to shy away from having non-Bond related threads, which is great. We can talk Bond day and night, but after we get to know each other's tastes it's nice to talk about other things too.

It would probably be easiest for @Creasy47 to start a hockey thread if he agrees, as he's a mod and could make any changes needed from jump, as opposed to a regular member creating it.

You don't have to do it. It's just my observation. :)
    We should only because it's getting lost in the other general topics in this thread
    I'll fire it up now, then!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Creasy47, it's nuts!! Every tie Washington starts asserting themselves, the Leafs don't panic, don't chase the puck, they're just sticking to the system, weathering the storm. And then they turn on their speed, which is giving the Capitals fits (plus both goalies have played extraordinarily well).

The city is going crazy!!
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Great news!
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 352
    Speaking of fire,
    It shoulda been Bernie!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote: »