Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    Oh, got it @creasy
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I'm texting and walking
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The Penguins. Followed the Caps as a kid because I'd go to several games with my parents, but as I got older I got more and more into the Pens, and now they're my favorite.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Sid's far and away my favourite player (I haven't warmed to McDavid (although I see his unreal skills)
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Birdleson wrote: »
    @Shark_0f_Largo good to hear, a new place is exciting.

Thank you. Yes, it's very exciting for us and a much needed fresh start after a turbulent 3 and a half years at our previous house, culminating in the arson attempt next door to us.

However, that is all in the past and we all feel more relaxed after 5 days than we ever did before. Long may it continue.

Sid is having arguably his greatest season this year, been loving his performance.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Columbus is the only team that I'm pulling for out of the East considering they've done diddily squat since 2000. My default playoff team is always Anaheim since I was a fan of them as a kid, actually til they won the cup in 07
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Oh and the capitals. I'd like to see them go past round 2
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @creasy, he does it all, a real captain who hoists his team on his shoulders. The one handed goal just showed grit and determination, from one end of the ice to the other.

I like the Western teams too @Last_Rat, but, unlike in years past, the stronger teams are now coming out of the east. The Western Teams feel older, bulkier, less mobile...?
    Unless you're Chicago
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Yep @Last_Rat... smart organization
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Last_Rat, and @Creasy, TB beat Montreal; they are now one point behind the Leafs
    If the Leafs can win tonight, they clinch and knock out TB.
    If Toronto loses tonight, and TB wins their final game, TB will have one more point, BUT, the Leafs have a game in hand tomorrow vs Columbus, where they will have a final chance of clinching. Lose that one too? Toronto is out and TB is in ny a single point!
    My stomach is in knots!
    Hopefully Toronto can either win tomorrow, or nab an overtime point in both games. Fingers crossed that they can make it in!
    I'm torn because Tampa is pretty much our only rivalesque team and some of their fans are trash. However, I am a southern hockey fan and I pull for Tampa in the playoffs. I want them to succeed and fail at the same time. It'll be an interesting 36 hours
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Relief for the entire city... in the same breath, Andersen took another bonk to his bean and left the game (second time in the last couple weeks this has happened).
    peter wrote: »
    Relief for the entire city... in the same breath, Andersen took another bonk to his bean and left the game (second time in the last couple weeks this has happened).

Hopefully they can nab a point tonight, as no team wants to go up against the Caps in the first round. If they do, I'll be rooting for Toronto!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    We r screwed; we lost... up 2-0 we dropped 3-2... ovie and the boys will steam rollout rookies
    Rough draw. You will have to play perfect hockey in order to beat Washington. Unless you're Pittsburgh. Interesting series in the east to be played. Not much rooting interest except for Columbus and I'm even gonna call Pittsburgh in 6 for that one.
    The playoff format is a little wonky, the second wild card that barely made it in going against the top team in the league in the first round is a bit unfair.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Toronto has wayyy too much green to overcome Ovie and his boys; plus, they are a talented team that knows that in this salary cap era, their window is fast closing.
    Toronto will be done in five, if not four
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    The playoff format is a little wonky, the second wild card that barely made it in going against the top team in the league in the first round is a bit unfair.

No different than a #8 playing a #1 in a traditional 1-8 format. Toronto did have the least points while Washington had the most.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 40,486
    I always say the season games and the playoff games are two entirely different beasts; look at how unreal the Caps were last season, then the Pens decimated them in the second round. They're used to an early exit, something with how they play in the playoffs is totally different. Toronto could come out playing their best and really surprise everyone and knock the Caps out - you never know.

I'll definitely be rooting for your team.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Thanks @Creasy47 !!! The city will be on fire, no matter what...!! This is all gravy in a season no one expected the kids to do so well.

Maybe this will be a case of ignorance is bliss, and the kids come out of the gate fast. The game Babcock's been nurturing is one of possession, anyways, so, if they can knock up their intensity, perhaps they have a shot, a long one, but at least it's a shot (whereas season's past, they shouldn't have even been playing in the NHL)...
    Struggling to post much on here at the minute. In the new house (and loving it) but our internet service has been delayed until Thursday. Which is a bugger.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    A bugger eh ? Perhaps you're plugging it in at the wrong end ? ;)
    Haha, very good.
    I can understand your annoyance, the last time I changed providers. I had no
    Broadband for four days !
    It's very frustrating. Can't take much switching over surely...?
    With the news story of the Doctor being dragged off the United Airlines flight.
    There are some great jokes etc
    " Not enough seating, ......... Prepare for a Beating ! " And others along the
    Lines of " Fascist Airlines"
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    With the news story of the Doctor being dragged off the United Airlines flight.
    There are some great jokes etc
    " Not enough seating, ......... Prepare for a Beating ! " And others along the
    Lines of " Fascist Airlines"

I think he'd have a very good case for assault and battery against those airline employees. Disgraceful behaviour from them and I personally hope people boycott that airline immediately.