Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    This thing is the reason I still ache days later;
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Very Bondian. Just the thing to unwind after a hard day at the office!
    @Creasy47 I made a playlist of my 30 favorite Rush songs; this is what I got - in chronological order (absolute favorites are bolded):

1. What You're Doing
    2. Working Man
    3. Anthem
    4. Beneath, Between & Behind
    5. Fly By Night
    6. Bastille Day
    7. Lakeside Park
    8. 2112 Overture / The Temples of Syrinx
    9. A Passage to Bangkok
    10. The Twilight Zone
    11. Xanadu
    12. Closer to the Heart
    13. Cinderella Man
    14. Circumstances
    15. The Trees
    16. La Villa Strangiato
    17. The Spirit of Radio
    18. Freewill
    19. Natural Science
    20. Tom Sawyer
    21. Red Barchetta
    22. YYZ
    23. Limelight
    24. Witch Hunt
    25. Subdivisions
    26. New World Man
    27. Distant Early Warning
    28. The Big Money
    29. Marathon
    30. Middletown Dreams

Post-Power Windows I found their music to be decent, but not on the same level.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Great stuff, @FoxRox! Seems to encompass almost all of my favorites. There was another huge Rush fan on these boards that'd probably enjoy checking out your ranking, but for the life of me I can't recall who it is.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Creasy47, the first name that clicked for me as a Rush fan was @00Beast, and after doing some snooping I found this thread he started:

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/979/classic-rock/p1

My memory served me correctly! Funny how certain details stick with you over the years.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Creasy47, the first name that clicked for me as a Rush fan was @00Beast, and after doing some snooping I found this thread he started:

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/979/classic-rock/p1

My memory served me correctly! Funny how certain details stick with you over the years.

Funny how that works, ehh? It ended up not being @00Beast, but in fact @WillardWhyte who made the comment in that thread you linked, so it must've been him. Knew it was someone in particular around these forums!
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 1,641

Sad to see Gary Goddard mentioned as one of the suspected pedos as I love Masters of Universe :(
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 1,641
    Jerk #1 : "ha ha , your collection of statues crushed when it fell on top of the others !"

Maybe someone should take a baseball bat and smash up *your* collection , that would be "funny" , right ?

Thankfully I've never experienced such a nightmare myself !

Jerk #2 : "ha ha , Barbras dog died"

Yeah , when your pet dies it's "hysterical" , harr harr.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 3,000
    I was grocery shopping today and they were playing Madonna's "Die Another Day" on the radio. What?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I was grocery shopping today and they were playing Madonna's "Die Another Day" on the radio. What?
    I've never heard that song once on the radio.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    jake24 wrote: »

Freud, analyze that!
    edited June 2017 Posts: 3,000

What's even weirder is that most national chain stores use digital music players that have their catalogs controlled by corporate (at least that's how it is at my pet store), not radios. So someone at Ralphs corporate offices said, "Yes, this is what our customers want to listen to." I'd ask for more money if I had to listen to that at my job. "I'm gonna close my ear-holes now." :D

What's even weirder is that most national chain stores use digital music players that have their catalogs controlled by corporate (at least that's how it is at my pet store), not radios. So someone at Ralphs corporate offices said, "Yes, this is what our customers want to listen to." I'd ask for more money if I had to listen to that at my job. "I'm gonna close my ear-holes now." :D

"I'm happy to be employed by this chain, sir, truly I mean it. But...I see that one of the songs listed on your playlist for the store's sound system is Madonna's 'Die Another Day.' Now, I don't want to be indecent here or cross a line, but is there any way I could get hazard pay in the event that it plays on the speakers at any time during my shifts? It's a matter of concern for my personal health and well-being, I'm sure you understand."

"I'm happy to be employed by this chain, sir, truly I mean it. But...I see that one of the songs listed on your playlist for the store's sound system is Madonna's 'Die Another Day.' Now, I don't want to be indecent here or cross a line, but is there any way I could get hazard pay in the event that it plays on the speakers at any time during my shifts? It's a matter of concern for my personal health and well-being, I'm sure you understand."

Hahaha! That's perfect!
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    A bit obscure I know, but has anyone ever used non marine ply for outside building projects? I'm doing some DIY jobs at the moment, and want to put a new roof on my garage. I'd obviously waterproof the stuff and have some bitumen roof paint to paint it with. Sealing all the edges as well. I wonder if I should go with this or OSB board?
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Go with the ply Stag OSB is like a sponge and will soak up everything it can and dissolve shortly thereafter no matter how well you try to waterproof it good luck.
    Thanks @Mrcoggins. My instinct was to go with ply, but I wanted a second opinion.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    My pleasure.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    @Mrcoggins knows his stuff! :)
    I laughed so hard!
    New conservatory - check!
    Garage rebuilt (half a check - too hot to work outside!)
    New kitchen installed - check!
    New bathroom installed - check!

Exterior work abandoned until the weather cools sufficiently. I am now setting about wallpapering!
    YOLT 50
    TSWLM 40 (tomorrow :D
    TLD 30

40 yrs since final Elvis show and his death

40 :D
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited July 2017 Posts: 45,489
    Faktisk.no is a Norwegian fact checking site created to combat fake news. Bravo.

Their latest piece is about debunking a story about a dying CIA agent who came clean about being part of a team who rigged WTC tower 7 with explosives prior to Sep 01. As there are no conclusive evidence, they concluded that it was fake.

Not too long ago, they ran a piece about wheat production, which they chose to illustrate with a picure of barley. Quote telling, or not?
  • Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    Tracy wrote: »

40 :D

That is outstanding!
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    He's verging on a dictator.

Donald Trump insists he has 'complete power' to pardon
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40692709
    He's verging on a dictator.

Donald Trump insists he has 'complete power' to pardon
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40692709

Dictator? Not yet (do give him time, he's relatively new to it). But a dicktator? Assuredly.
    Donald Trump is the worst US president in my lifetime, and God willing hopefully ever. What a complete disaster it has been.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It will be a happy day when Cheeto-N-Chief gets kicked out of the White house with the rest of the garbage.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    And the next one will be better?