I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    That's correct Bond removes one bill from a roll of notes for the waiter, then after the
    "Nasty turn" places rhe remainder back in his pocket.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2017 Posts: 10,586
    Only semi-Bond related, but didn't know where else to put this.

Upon watching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade , it dawned on me how many Bond alumni star in this film. Sean Connery, Julian Glover, Alison Doody, John Rhys-Davies, and Michael Byrne. At least three of the five are in the same scene on more than one occasion.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 3,336
    At 0:14 in this video you can see Elektra's tower from TWINE.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2017 Posts: 23,883
    jake24 wrote: »

Upon watching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade , it dawned on me how many Bond alumni star in this film. Sean Connery, Julian Glover, Alison Doody, John Rhys-Davies, and Michael Byrne. At least three of the five are in the same scene on more than one occasion.
    Don't forget Pat Roach, Stefan Kalipha, Vernon Dobtcheff, & Billy J. Mitchell as well!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    bondjames wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »

Don't forget Pat Roach, Stefan Kalipha, Vernon Dobtcheff, & Billy J. Mitchell as well!
    Yes!
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    @MooseWithFleas, it's been a while since I last watched LALD, but maybe Bond pulled out a load of bills, removed the cost to give to the waiter, then pocketed what was left?

That makes sense! Thanks for explanation.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    At 0:14 in this video you can see Elektra's tower from TWINE.

Interesting.

I am always amazed at how much this scene is mimicked by meeting/secret recording in The Russia House.

• Did anyone noticed the SKIN FLAP IN CR? When Daniel walks there is an extra flap of skin fade on just below his ear, I think its to hide the fact his ear sticks out so much. It bulges out his neck very unaturally

2ylsnkn.jpg

Don't believe me just watch:

at 3:10
    @MooseWithFleas, it's been a while since I last watched LALD, but maybe Bond pulled out a load of bills, removed the cost to give to the waiter, then pocketed what was left?

That makes sense! Thanks for explanation.

Yes,if you look carefully Bond (stupidly in Harlem !) takes out a wad of notes and passes one to the waiter between 2 fingers.
    Then,when he is on the other side of the wall he pockets the rest in his coat pocket.

Did anyone noticed the SKIN FLAP IN CR? When Daniel walks there is an extra flap of skin fade on just below his ear, I think its to hide the fact his ear sticks out so much. It bulges out his neck very unaturally

2ylsnkn.jpg

Looks like his hair to me...

• QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Did anyone noticed the SKIN FLAP IN CR? When Daniel walks there is an extra flap of skin fade on just below his ear, I think its to hide the fact his ear sticks out so much. It bulges out his neck very unaturally

2ylsnkn.jpg

Looks like his hair to me...
    agreed.

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    It's his hair, which is quite obvious as you start to see it when he slightly turns his head to the right.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I feel like they shot the opening titles with Dan early in production, because I don't think his hairline in the back goes down that far on his neck. He just looks, "different."
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited April 2017 Posts: 45,489
    It s the same hairstyle that he had in the first promo picture of him as Bond.
    filmz.ru_f_4100.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Well, the hair is cut shorter than that. My point was that the footage of Dan in the titles looks like they were testing his "look" before proper filming started, as he looks different than in the rest of the film. Maybe I'm just seeing things.

It'd be interesting to know how far into the shooting of CR the titles were shot, as my suspicions could either be confirmed or denied.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    edited April 2017 Posts: 1,884
    I never heard that the receptionist/waitress in QoS (rape scene) was Oona Chaplin.... Charlie Chaplin's granddaughter!!! That's a cool find. How nobody told me, I'll never know.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I never heard that the receptionist/waitress in QoS (rape scene) was Oona Chaplin.... Charlie Chaplin's granddaughter!!! That's a cool find. How nobody told me, I'll never no.

I never knew that! Guess it's a bit of a giveaway with the name, but the only trivia connection involving her that took me a while to figure out was that she appeared in about a dozen GoT episodes or more, alongside several other Bond alumni.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I never heard that the receptionist/waitress in QoS (rape scene) was Oona Chaplin.... Charlie Chaplin's granddaughter!!! That's a cool find. How nobody told me, I'll never no.

I never knew that! Guess it's a bit of a giveaway with the name, but the only trivia connection involving her that took me a while to figure out was that she appeared in about a dozen GoT episodes or more, alongside several other Bond alumni.

Yes, I know! I was just browsing through the QoS cast and her name caught my attention so I had to check :D
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    And she was born in Spain, for the record ;)
    I found that out watching Calvin Dyson's QoS review, funny enough.

That is a cool find.

Two points about her character...

1. She might have been the hottest female in the movie, all apologies to Gemma.
    2. What the heck was her character doing there, in the first place? The only female, in an otherwise empty hotel, with a bunch of men? Lordy.
    TripAces wrote: »

That is a cool find.

2. What the heck was her character doing there, in the first place? The only female, in an otherwise empty hotel, with a bunch of men? Lordy.

Actually, I take that back. That honor goes to Stana Katic. This all might suggest that QoS has the hottest "small role" women in the series.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    TripAces wrote: »

That is a cool find.

It seems that Medrano brought her there with the specific intent to rape her. That moment when Carlos smiles and laughs at the General after she takes their drink orders is chilling.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    edited April 2017 Posts: 2,535
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I believe that her mother was the great Geraldine Chaplin.
    She is.

6e3c9bcfe170fb127fa45200cc85c39c.jpg
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited April 2017 Posts: 2,044
    Well, the hair is cut shorter than that. My point was that the footage of Dan in the titles looks like they were testing his "look" before proper filming started, as he looks different than in the rest of the film. Maybe I'm just seeing things.

It'd be interesting to know how far into the shooting of CR the titles were shot, as my suspicions could either be confirmed or denied.

The titles were among the last things shot for the film, just after the end of principal shooting.
    The shot of Craig could very well have been shot beforehand, though.
    What an interesting find..well done !!
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I've always wondered, where and in what scenes does Connery appear to be bored in YOLT? I honestly don't see it but I know other eyes have.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    I've always wondered, where and in what scenes does Connery appear to be bored in YOLT? I honestly don't see it but I know other eyes have.

The scenes in the submarine with M and Moneypenny for instance?

The control room scene where Bond meets Blofeld. The camera was made to zoom in as they talked, and because the moment itself is so boring and Bond is given nothing to do, Sean has no real meat to bite on, making him look lifeless and bored.

The issue is that Sean had already shot the opening dialogues he had with Blofeld with Jan Werich, the actor who played Blofeld before Pleasence was cast last minute. The weight of the moment really sags when you know that Sean and Pleasence weren't even on set at the same time of their character's first meeting. One of the many reasons it sinks on so many levels.

The script also consciously robbed Bond of a lot of purpose and depth in the second half through the overly ambitious plot, which almost makes him feel like a man things are just happening to as opposed to an active force that acts. This exists in GF too, but Sean is able to pull through that slog much better than in YOLT where you could tell he was packing his bags. Giant missiles in space, launching from a volcano? I'm out.