I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Excellent, @Benny.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Yes this is getting a bit tedious. One last thing though; what about TND? According to you it would take place in Thailand and not Vietnam. (if I remember correctly)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Yes this is getting a bit tedious. One last thing though; what about TND? According to you it would take place in Thailand and not Vietnam. (if I remember correctly)

It takes place in Vietnam, but it was shot in Thailand. SP takes place in Japan, but wasn't shot in country. Simple. Now, let's get things back on topic by ending this non-discussion.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

There's always one isn't there. I don't mean to be a pain but...
    Believe it or not San Monique isn't real. Nor is Isthmus city. Both are fictional, yet James Bond visited them both. Locations in movies are often used to substitute for another location. This is nothing new, and only serves to continue a pointless argument that leads nowhere.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

You are now calling something tedious that you started. Let's give it a rest.

Nobody was disagreeing with you, but feel free to take it that way. In reality though, nobody would be able to credibly say, "to shoot Spectre, EON returned to Japan for the first time since 1967." It's only fact in the fiction, and matters nowhere else. That is all.
  • gumboltgumbolt Now with in-office photocopier
    edited March 2017 Posts: 153
    I'm reminded of the credits joke at the end of Moonraker "Filmed on location in... Outer Space!".
    QoS M: "When you can't tell your friends from your enemies, it's time to go."
    CR M: "...sometimes we're so focused on our enemies, we forget to watch our friends."
    Birdleson wrote: »
    SP: "Of course, Mr. White!"

*nods head with an air of cockiness*
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The "Of course, Mr. White" and the SF Home Alone comparisons have got to be some of the laziest criticisms I've seen on here.
    Sorry we're too lazy for your exacting standards Jake.
    Come on, now. My point was merely that there are plenty of fruitful criticisms for one to focus on. That's the kind of stuff you see on Twitter.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    gumbolt wrote: »
    I'm reminded of the credits joke at the end of Moonraker "Filmed on location in... Outer Space!".
    So it was science fact after all!

Korea. 공공칠 (gong gong chil, or zero zero seven).

edited March 2017 Posts: 40,474
    jake24 wrote: »
    Sorry we're too lazy for your exacting standards Jake.
    Come on, now. My point was merely that there are plenty of fruitful criticisms for one to focus on. That's the kind of stuff you see on Twitter.

But we're on a James Bond forum. Is this not the perfect place to discuss such criticisms? I dissect all of the films, the good and the bad, and find that some of the tinier moments can really kill, or heighten, a scene for me.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I saw two people quoting lines from the films. How is that a nasty criticism? :-/
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    In other news, I'VE NEVER NOTICED BEFORE that the clock on the wall in the room with the traction table in TB is the same one used in GF, complete with peephole.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    In other news, I'VE NEVER NOTICED BEFORE that the clock on the wall in the room with the traction table in TB is the same one used in GF, complete with peephole.

Does this mean GF is no longer a standalone film? ;)

Cue enormous retcon as every villain in the series is now "revealed" to have been an agent of 2015 SPECTRE all along.

Very well spotted @PropertyOfALady You can clearly see the peephole in TB when you pause it.
    I think it's time to go back through these pages shortly and make a listing for each film, and what's been noticed.
    Make it easier to find each item, and also so multiple items aren't posted covering the same thing.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Benny wrote: »

Very well spotted @PropertyOfALady You can clearly see the peephole in TB when you pause it.
    I think it's time to go back through these pages shortly and make a listing for each film, and what's been noticed.
    Make it easier to find each item, and also so multiple items aren't posted covering the same thing.

Hey! That sounds like a good idea.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    edited March 2017 Posts: 3,347
    I never noticed that you can see the "Christ the Redeemer" statue in Rio, way off in the background, when the ambulance is going up through the mountains in Moonraker.
    I never noticed that you can see the "Christ the Redeemer" statue in Rio, way off in the background, when the ambulance is going up through the mountains in Moonraker.

With that shot of the road the ambulance takes? I think I noticed this for the first time on my last viewing, as well - it's a beautiful shot.
    I confess i have seen that for a long time,but it is a good shot,and always carries my gaze.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    With that shot of the road the ambulance takes? I think I noticed this for the first time on my last viewing, as well - it's a beautiful shot.

Yep! And yes it is. I like the subtlety of it. Everything in Rio is shot beautifully.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 28,694
    MR definitely has some of the best location shooting in the series. I hope that Bond returns to Rio soon and the Christ statue plays a bigger part, maybe for a PTS.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited March 2017 Posts: 4,554
    In QoS, Craig Mitchell is a combination of Daniel Craig and Satsuki Mitchell (DC's girlfriend at the time). Coincidence? I think not. @-)
    TripAces wrote: »
    In QoS, Craig Mitchell is a combination of Daniel Craig and Satsuki Mitchell (DC's girlfriend at the time). Coincidence? I think not. @-)

So the character was a foreshadowing of their relationship?

He shot Satsuki in the head? Damn, I always assumed they just broke up!

Well, I haven't seen a picture of her since 2008, so you be the judge. I'm sure the fight on ropes didn't really happen between them though.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited March 2017 Posts: 4,554

Her friends and family would say so, metaphorically, of course. LOL
    Was watching Skyfall, and noticed that Bonds shirt seems to change colour at the end.
    When he's talking to Moneypenny up on the roof it's blue.
    http://screenmusings.org/movie/blu-ray/Skyfall/pages/Skyfall-1848.htm

Yet when they go back downstairs and are in Moneypenny's office it's clearly much whiter.
    http://screenmusings.org/movie/blu-ray/Skyfall/pages/Skyfall-1863.htm

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It must be metaphorical!
    Wonder what they did en route from the rooftop to the office that required Bond to change his shirt...