The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

Milovy wrote: »
    I would love to see "The Hildebrand Rarity" used the same way "The Living Daylights" was used, right after the PTS, as a springboard for a bigger story. Would be great to see Bond on vacation, too.

That could be utilized for bond 25 as the murder could pull Bond back into this world...
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Perhaps use some dialogue or scenes from Ian Fleming's Murder on Wheels treatment.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 676
    echo wrote: »
    THR's plot feels like the end of a story, not the beginning. The opposite of TLD, really.
    Hmm. I would argue the opposite. It would be very easy to continue the story of THR because of its open ending, where Bond isn't sure who killed Krest - was it Fidele or Liz? I think that ambiguity could be explored in the rest of the film in an interesting way. It's a natural enough idea. Sort of like how the film TLD continues the short story by having Bond investigate the woman sniper and answering the question "was she really a KGB agent?"
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I am more than sure it was Liz who killed Krest because, if I remember correctly, he used to beat her a lot whether drunk or not. That could lead to something interesting along the lines. But, I doubt Eon will use that plot anytime soon. It's not so much formulaic for the film series just yet... But, we'll see what they have in surprise for us.
    I am more than sure it was Liz who killed Krest because, if I remember correctly, he used to beat her a lot whether drunk or not.
    That is by far the most likely thing to have happened. But it's deliberately ambiguous (and to good effect).
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 676
    Perhaps the more interesting ambiguity to explore then, if continuing THR, is whether or not Bond can trust Liz. (Been a long time since I read the story.)
    edited April 2017 Posts: 1,187
    Milovy wrote: »
    echo wrote: »
    THR's plot feels like the end of a story, not the beginning. The opposite of TLD, really.
    Hmm. I would argue the opposite. It would be very easy to continue the story of THR because of its open ending, where Bond isn't sure who killed Krest - was it Fidele or Liz? I think that ambiguity could be explored in the rest of the film in an interesting way. It's a natural enough idea. Sort of like how the film TLD continues the short story by having Bond investigate the woman sniper and answering the question "was she really a KGB agent?"
    Nice way of expanding Fleming like they did with QOS. A Bond whodunnit could be interesting.

edited April 2017 Posts: 15,423
    I don't think there's a slight bit of reality in that article. Funny they never mentioned Daniel's claim that he would've missed being 007 but the "slash my wrists" absurdity is still addressed.
  • walter1985walter1985 Rotterdam
    Dutch 'newspapers' copied the 'news'...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2017 Posts: 10,588
    Wrong thread guys. This is purely for title ideas.
    @Benny can move the comments to the other thread. Would you, old chap? ;)
    RoseIsland
    Red Sea
    Bombshell
  • walter1985walter1985 Rotterdam
    Dutch 'newspapers' copied the 'news'... was my title idea. not a good idea perhaps, but I think it can work ;-)
    Ambiguity From A Valiant Heart
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    if walken be woman
  • if walken be woman

Featuring the tagline: "I gotta have more cow-belle, baby!"
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    The coldest kind Of man
    BloodTears
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    RoseIsland
    Red Sea
    Bombshell
    Redland.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    All fine titles (save the first, IMO).

How exactly would Colonel Sun work, given that it has already been adopted for a character?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    @Benny can move the comments to the other thread. Would you, old chap? ;)

Unfortunately we can't move comments and place them in another thread. We can remove the comments, and the poster can simply repost in the correct thread.

:-bd
    Personally I've wanted The Property of a Lady since "Bond 23".
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 6,844
    Not thrilled by 007 in New York, Murder on Wheels or Thrilling Cities myself, but the others are quite good.

I'd also like to see these Fleming titles and phrases some day:

Death Leaves an Echo
    Blood and Thunder
    Magic 44 (maybe just as a story element)
    Shamelady

And my two favorite non-Fleming titles: No Deals, Mr. Bond and Carte Blanche
    Not thrilled by 007 in New York, Murder on Wheels or Thrilling Cities myself, but the others are quite good.

I'd also like to see these Fleming titles and phrases some day:

Death Leaves an Echo
    Blood and Thunder
    Magic 44 (maybe just as a story element)
    Shamelady

And my two favorite non-Fleming titles: No Deals, Mr. Bond and Carte Blanche
    "The Diamond Smugglers and Undertow

John Glen stated after LTK came out that he expected 'Risico' to be the next one, so its probably been on EONs shortlist since! Still favour 'Property of a Lady' myself, but really like 'Per Fine Ounce', another QoS type title! I dont ever see them calling a Bond movie '007 in New York'! Just doesn't sound right! And I'm hoping they are not going to follow the trend like Jason Bourne or Logan and call it just 'James Bond'!!
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    One Last Time (2018) Starring Daniel 'Can I Be Arsed?-But You've Just About Persuaded Me' Craig.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    John Glen stated after LTK came out that he expected 'Risico' to be the next one, so its probably been on EONs shortlist since! Still favour 'Property of a Lady' myself, but really like 'Per Fine Ounce', another QoS type title! I dont ever see them calling a Bond movie '007 in New York'! Just doesn't sound right! And I'm hoping they are not going to follow the trend like Jason Bourne or Logan and call it just 'James Bond'!!

The sad part about RISICO is that nearly all of the characters and story were commandeered for FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, meaning that when we do get it it will be another "Fleming in title only" film.

Hopefully Risico will be a bit like LTK in adapting elements of other Fleming stories. I'm not a fan of the AVTAK approach. If they're going to use a Fleming title, give us some Fleming.

A title that could work for Craig's last:

You Only Live Once
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I would rather not see a parody of a former title. Goldeneye was bad enough.
  • Your sense of humor doesn't slay me, Commander Finger.