Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I am of the belief, due to the critical & financial success of Craig's run with Bond, that we are more likely to see an actor with acting chops and some name recognition next time out.

I think the franchise risks are higher now, given that credibility has been re-established (SP notwithstanding), and EON will play it safer.

Just my take.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    I am confident no one would be upset with Amy schumer as James Bond , at least the media woundnt
    Articles will pop up saying how it's "liberating" and how it's against "oppression" and "the bullies can shove it". Expect that, at least, from the BBC and the Daily Mail.

Where's Al Bundy when you need him?

Two Words: Female Ghostbusters.

Feminists should really focus on more important issues. E.g. radical Islam.......

Feminists, instead of spending valuable energy on ruining the James Bond character, how about you focus on issues that actually harm women, like, for example, women getting acid thrown in their faces for not properly wearing their hijab.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Can we PLEASE not mention a female Bond and the 2016 Ghostbusters film at the same time, I just had the horrible image in my head of Melissa McCarthy as Bond in the next film.
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 4,325
    Catherine Zeta Jones should be Bond. Or Cate Blanchett.
    Can we PLEASE not mention a female Bond and the 2016 Ghostbusters film at the same time, I just had the horrible image in my head of Melissa McCarthy as Bond in the next film.
    Truly a horrid thought. She already played a pseudo Bond in 2015's SPY.

This is not going far enough. We need a male to female transgender Jane Bond who identifies as African American and is a pansexual. ;)
    tanaka123 wrote: »

I'd take her over Elba.
    suavejmf wrote: »

I'd take her over Elba.

How about Lennie Henry?

I'd take her over Elba.

How about Lennie Henry?

Just as bad.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I am confident no one would be upset with Amy schumer as James Bond , at least the media woundnt
    Articles will pop up saying how it's "liberating" and how it's against "oppression" and "the bullies can shove it". Expect that, at least, from the BBC and the Daily Mail.

Feminists should really focus on more important issues. E.g. radical Islam.......

Feminists, instead of spending valuable energy on ruining the James Bond character, how about you focus on issues that actually harm women, like, for example, women getting acid thrown in their faces for not properly wearing their hijab.
    Feminists don't serve a purpose today. What are they protesting about, anyway? Are women in the western civilization experiencing lesser privileges than men? Do they have lesser rights than men? If anything, in both the Northern America (US and Canada) and the entirety of Europe, women have more rights and privileges than men do as well as higher places in society. But, where do you see feminists lose their $#!+? In these aforementioned regions, whereas radical islam in the Arab World and other muslim-oriented countries keep using women as objects, but feminists speak no word...

Anyway, that's already a political issue, so I'll stop there.

No matter what, Bond should be a male straight Anglo-Saxon. And that's that.

I'd take her over Elba.

How about Lennie Henry?

Just as bad.

Don Cheadle?

Feminists don't serve a purpose today. What are they protesting about, anyway? Are women in the western civilization experiencing lesser privileges than men? Do they have lesser rights than men? If anything, in both the Northern America (US and Canada) and the entirety of Europe, women have more rights and privileges than men do as well as higher places in society. But, where do you see feminists lose their $#!+? In these aforementioned regions, whereas radical islam in the Arab World and other muslim-oriented countries keep using women as objects, but feminists speak no word...

Every word is bang on.

I'd take her over Elba.

How about Lennie Henry?

Just as bad.

Don Cheadle?

Ha ha ha. No matter what, Bond should be a male straight Anglo-Saxon. And that's that.
    Chaps, all this black & female Bond talk is just media fodder. There's no way it will happen so it's not worth discussing.

Ultimately, there are only a few serious candidates for the next changeover. As I said, I really think it will be someone we know about, because the franchise is in a different place today in comparison to when Craig was cast.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    bondjames wrote: »
    Truly a horrid thought. She already played a pseudo Bond in 2015's SPY.

What an amazing feat to play a pseudo Bond in a pseudo/satire Bond film and still appear less Bondian than Jason Statham in the same film. Not a diss about Statham, he is one of my favorite action stars, but the guy is just the total opposite of James Bond, so quite surreal for him to out-Bond someone in a spy film.
    Chaps, all this black & female Bond talk is just media fodder. There's no way it will happen so it's not worth discussing.

Ultimately, there are only a few serious candidates for the next changeover. As I said, I really think it will be someone we know about, because the franchise is in a different place today in comparison to when Craig was cast.

To be fair Cate Blanchett was very good when she played Bob Dylan in I'm Not There.

To be fair Cate Blanchett was very good when she played Bob Dylan in I'm Not There.
    Cate's excellent in everything. Look for the slamming of Bond to begin in earnest when Atomic Blonde hits theatres. Some of it will be warranted, from what I can see, at least on the action front.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

Every word is bang on.

Well, if u live in America, they are protesting that "they are Muslims too"
    ?
    I asked my dad about a black bond and he said he would stop watching the new films if that happend
    I asked my dad about a black bond and he said he would stop watching the new films if that happend

Racist.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Racist.

Your response is prejudiced. I would say the same if it was to be a 5foot tall white male, an 7Foot tall white male. A white male with a giant nose, A white male who was missing an arm, a white male with bucked teeth, a white male with bright orange hair, a white male who was grossly overweight and so on and so on.
    Not accepting a "Black Bond" need not be racist, more than likely it's a preference. To accuse someone of racism pre-judges their reasons.

talos7 wrote: »

Racist.

Your response is prejudiced. I would say the same if it was to be a 5foot tall white male, an 7Foot tall white male. A white male with a giant nose, A white male who was missing an arm, a white male with bucked teeth, a white male with bright orange hair, a white male who was grossly overweight and so on and so on.
    Not accepting a "Black Bond" need not be racist, more than likely it's a preference. To accuse someone of racism pre-judges their reasons.

No my response was not. Well maybe I'm just prejudiced towards Don Cheadle or Lenny Henry being Bond. Lenny Henry should definitely be Bond.

http://en.mediamass.net/people/lenny-henry/james-bond.html
    No, because he's Black, and there is not a hint of racism behind that opinion or preference.
    Lenny has already convincingly played a white person when he impersonated Michael Jackson. A very talented chap, but not Bond.
    No, because he's Black, and there is not a hint of racism behind that opinion or preference.

You're taking this all a bit too seriously. I was joking.

Lenny has already convincingly played a white person when he impersonated Michael Jackson. A very talented chap, but not Bond.

Precisely.

You're taking this all a bit too seriously. I was joking.

I guess the accusation is tossed about so freely and carelessly, concerning a broad range of subjects, that it becomes frustrating ;)

I just don't want an affirmative action James bond
    :))
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited March 2017 Posts: 11,139
    As posted in the mission impossible thread:

We can rule out Cavill becoming 007. He's just been cast in the new Mission Impossible film.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/827017-henry-cavill-joins-the-mission-impossible-6-cast