It's 1980 and Moore looks like he is not coming back...who would you like for the role.........

edited February 2012 in Actors Posts: 71
I know Lewis Collins was up for it......would have been good.

Comments

• lol should have said...no Brosnan and Dalton
  • gaz4007 wrote:
    I know Lewis Collins was up for it......would have been good.

Lewis collins would have been a interesting choice, maybe the craig of his day. i have who dares wins on dvd, thought collins was convincing in that action role as S.A.S.
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 401
    Timothy Dalton. The 1980's would have been the perfect time for him to be Bond. Sadly, he only got the late '80's.
  • LAZENBY!!! Technically they'd be replacing Moore with a younger actor after all! :D
    And it wouldn't be the first time an actor had played him non-consecutively.

What about Sam Neil or Terrence Stamp then?
  • Neil yeah..good shout
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 2,341
    Oh Hell. Only one man could have pulled off FYEO only: TIMOTHY DALTON
    Too bad he wasn't avaliable because he was Cubby's first choice to replace Moore.

Sam Neill? Hell No!
  • Lazenby would most likely have stepped down from the part by the advent of the 1980s anyway if he had continued. Collins is still an interesting choice, he did audition of course but didn't make it, said it before I was happy enough with Dalton starting out when he did, besides For Your Eyes Only with Moore in 1981 was, and still is, a very good Bond outing, it's only the subsequent two releases with him I take issue with
  • octopussy i love,my fav Moore Bond but agree that he did one to many with AVTAK
    Chuck Norris........Oh wait, we have him in 2012 :)
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Timothy dalton of course, best bond ever

EDIT: just saw you said no brosnan or dalton. Then I'd go with burt renyolds. The guys a legend. Or chuck norris (I'm being serious, norris could've pulled it of)
  • Timothy dalton of course, best bond ever

Can't argue with that B-)
  • yeah Chuck...awesome.......roundhouse that Blofield
    Sam Neil would have been good or Mel Gibson. Lewis Collins can't act or I'd suggest him
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Timothy Dalton as well.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Liam Neeson. Hands down.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Dalton! He could have had a 15 year reign as Bond.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    If Moore had to be Bond up until 1979, then i'd cast David Warbeck for Bond in 1981, 1983 & 1985, then recast for Dalton 1987. I think Dalton took the role at the right time, but he should have stayed on as Bond through the 1990's.
    I can't pick Timothy Dalton?!

In that case, here's my shortlist:

- Sam Neill
    - Ian McShane
    - Gabriel Byrne
    If its 1980, just bring back Sean or Laz. Preferably Sean!
  • @timmer Bring back Connery in 1980 to play James Bond in an official Bond movie ?

It wasn't too bad three years later as NSNA was merely a spoof spin off that nobody took seriously, but having Sean back in an official capacity for the turn of the 80s is, and I can't quite find the words, er not advisable

He should never have returned for the 1970s never mind 10 years later!
  • If Sir Rog had to have retired with Moonraker I would've liked to have seen Timothy Dalton debut with FYEO and play the role throughout all of the 80s.
  • ian mcshane....what a great choice
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 289
    Patrick Stewart!
    Jullian Glover!
    Brian Blessed!

real pick would be Llam Neeson

Didnt know Timothy Dalton what in Flash Gordan!??!
  • oliver tobias
    @timmer Bring back Connery in 1980 to play James Bond in an official Bond movie ?

It wasn't too bad three years later as NSNA was merely a spoof spin off that nobody took seriously, but having Sean back in an official capacity for the turn of the 80s is, and I can't quite find the words, er not advisable

He should never have returned for the 1970s never mind 10 years later!
    au contraire. NSNA proved that Sean was still quite capable of playing Bond and Laz was quite young enough in 1980.

timmer wrote:
    Laz was quite young enough in 1980.
    Wasn't Lazenby actually considered for NSNA before Connery wanted in?

Yes he was. That was on the assumption he'd be the only one to agree.
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 401
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Yes he was. That was on the assumption he'd be the only one to agree.
    That's a shame. As much as I like Connery, the man had enough Bond films under his belt. I know the reason he did NSNA, but I would have liked to see Lazenby do more than just one film, even if it's an unofficial one.
    I would want ROGER MOORE!!!