This is Bond week? Yes? ...oh and Valentines Day too *phew*

Yupp, tomorrow Hammerhead #5 will be released <:-P

Thanks!!! \:D/
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited February 2017 Posts: 15,423
    HAMMERHEAD #5 was excellent!

And God, I love Victoria Hunt!

x7ONXHD.jpg
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 5,185
    Glad you enjoyed it @ClarkDevlin.
    Hunt is just ok for me since her coming out, i felt her dialogue was a little bit too on the nose here, but this issue had plenty of tension and Diggle continues to amaze me with his Bond characterization and it was such a great moment to see Bond
    be part of a military unit/operation again, even if everyone dies except him :))
    when was the last time? TSWLM?!
    Agreed, @00Agent. I love how Diggle has made a mixture of Connery and Moore out of Bond the way it was done in the Dark Horse Comics.

As for Victoria Hunt, it's not the dialogues I'm struck for. It's her in her entirely. ;)

Oh, and just to update/remind you all:

March:
    01 - Black Box #1 and Full Retailer Eidolon
    15 - Felix Leiter #3
    29 - Hammerhead #6

April:
    05 - Black Box #2
    19 - Felix Leiter #4
    edited February 2017 Posts: 5,185
    March:

Strange, Amazon has listed Eidolon for the 14th, but on the Dynamite website the release date is 01.03
    Maybe in true Ellis fashion they wanted to delay it once more :-?
    00Agent wrote: »
    March:

Strange, Amazon has listed Eidolon for the 14th, but on the Dynamite website the release date is 01.03
    Maybe in true Ellis fashion they wanted to delay it once more :-?
    I always trust the dates put on ComiXology as I check them from that website. However, Amazon might turn out to be right.

Vc75YUO.jpg
    that is even stranger as Comixology belongs to Amazon... but maybe Comixology is talking about the digital only release of the the complete volume, and amazon has the physical Hardcover listed? And they might be released at different times
  • zebrafish wrote: »
    Ah OK, so it would be before Bond gets his 00 status. I'd consider renaming it to "Agent Bond: The war experience".

At the risk of stating the obvious: during times of war, everyone effectively has 00 status....

By the way, has anyone seen this cover for Issue #2?

u2omqNZ.jpg
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    WOW! That's Bondian!!
    By the way, has anyone seen this cover for Issue #2?

u2omqNZ.jpg

Very nice! You know who the artist is @ClarkDevlin? Here Bond looks like an older Version of the Ellis/Masters 007
    The drawing resembles Jason Masters' handwork, so I'm going to assume that.
    I was going to jump off the Bondwagon with Black Box, opting for trades, but after reading an interview on Newsarama with Percy, I think I've got to continue with the monthly! I'm excited to see what he does with it and how he strikes the balance between the literary and film versions that he loves!
    I've too much impatience to wait for the tradeback hardcover. The first second it hits the market, I've got to acquire the issue. ;)
    I've too much impatience to wait for the tradeback hardcover. The first second it hits the market, I've got to acquire the issue. ;)

Same here. Thats why i am getting both. Monthly issues only digitally though
    00Agent wrote: »

Same here. Thats why i am getting both. Monthly issues only digitally though
    I'm getting them all. Well, because the full volume on paperback doesn't exist. And I personally prefer paperback to hardback.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'll be waiting on the paperbacks for these as well, whenever they come. I have never and will never be a hardback man.
    They won't, Brady. Sadly they won't. But, you could buy all the issues at once.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    They're never doing paperbacks? But there's always a paperback for a collection, unless the comic is a released collection or some anniversary edition of a famous comic, like the recent rerelease of The Killing Joke.
    I don't think Dynamite is collecting the issues in paperbacks. Otherwise, I would've gotten them instantly. The only paperbacks we're getting are the individual issues. So, acquiring their physical copies would be the best option to stick around to it. Or if you don't mind as long as it's Bond, get the hardbacks. Perhaps Bond isn't as stable as we think it is in Dynamite's hands.
    I just don't get it. Paperback production would be way cheaper than hardback, so why they didn't choose that model for the default, I've no idea.
    It's beyond me, as well.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 3,564
    Psst -- hey guys, it's like this: they can charge lots more money for the hardbacks than for the paperbacks...and their assessment of their potential audience is that they won't be losing very many sales by making it hardcover only. Bottom line: they think they'll make more money this way. I'm surprised I had to be the one to break the news to you.

PS: Me? I'm buying the individual issues only, and or one good reason: trade paperback (and hardback) compilations don't appreciate in value. They're not considered collectible. Only the floppies increase in value as the years go by.
    Hardbacks do come with the specials, though. Like the various cover artworks without the title logos printed on them.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 3,564
    Don't get me wrong, hardbacks have their selling points. I expect I'll be getting the adaptations of the Fleming novels in hardback, as I'm led to believe that's the only format they'll be released in. But my point is, Dynamite is only doing what they think is going to make them the most money. It's exactly would we should expect of them. If you want to convince them to print a trade paperback version, you'll need to convince them that they're leaving a lot of money on the table that they won't be seeing by only releasing a hardcover. As things stand, my assessment is that they believe most hardcore Bond fans will pay the extra $$$ to get the hardback compilation rather than going without. Prove to them that they're wrong and you may get a TPB. Otherwise, you won't.
    That's true.
    I certainly endeavor to. It's just no fun to live in a world where the only way to read a collection of Bond comics is either through blocky, overly binded hardbacks or on the screen of a junk tablet or phone. No thank you.

I've never enjoyed hardbacks for anything because so many of them are made largely just to sit on the shelf and look pretty. I don't believe in that, from a reading standpoint, and don't understand the point of collecting when you're buying things you can never touch lest they depreciate in value when your fingerprint gets on the cover. I want to actually read my books, and let them age as they must through my enjoyment of them. This shows that a history exists between you and the text, and evidences the fact that you've gotten your money's worth out of the content and appreciated what it had to offer many times throughout the years. Paperbacks also allow a certain relaxed reading of material, despite a natural flappiness, while reading some hardbacks is like trying to inspect a brick with two flaps attached. Bulky, inconvenient, inflexible.

Rant over...
    OK, chaps!

Announcing it specially to my good comic book fan friends here, namely citing: @mcdonbb, @00Agent, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

A one-off 48 page special by Dynamite Entertainment...

Ian Fleming's James Bond 007 in

SERVICE

BondServiceCovAMcKelvie.jpg

Synopsis:
    In contemporary politics, where Britain's world standing is often more zero than 007, an assassin plans to exterminate the "special relationship," and lead Britain and the United States into a very dark place...especially when he does so by aiming down the sights of an ancient Enfield rifle! It'll test Bond's deadly talents to their limits, in order to defeat the assassin and avert certain geopolitical disaster...

Release date: Slated for May 2017

Full coverage:
    http://dynamite.com/htmlfiles/pressrelshow.html?display=PR02091753764
    Hail Dynamite! ^:)^
    Hail Dynamite! ^:)^