IMDb Bond Refugees

pking_3pking_3 Punting under the Bridge of Sighs
in Bond Movies Posts: 33
Please identify yourself to verify your valid Bond card-carrying status. Thank you for your cooperation.

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @pking_3, as a freshly joined member yourself, we'll also need to hear your Bond bona fides. If you make it through the first round of evaluations you'll then have to score a 90% or above on a 1,000 question Bond quiz, after which you'll receive your honorary MI6 Community rings. We used to carry cards, but we had more than a few members who tried to use them as credit cards. Over time some law enforcement professionals who shall remain unnamed told us we should axe the cards and err on the side of caution from then on when it comes to our member benefits. Now we use the rings because they're more covert, more sophisticated, and one of our rival organizations has also adopted them for their members. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
  • TheSharkFromJawsTheSharkFromJaws Amity Island Waters
    IMDb Bond refugee here as well.

I'm not sure I'm ready to learn a whole new set of qualifications to earn my Bond card.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    IMDb Bond refugee here as well.

I'm not sure I'm ready to learn a whole new set of qualifications to earn my Bond card.

Rings, we do rings.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    An influx of new members due to IMDB shutting down the forums is more than welcome.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Another IMDb refugee, waiting for the extreme vetting of all that come from there.
    You'll see no refugee bans here at MI6. We welcome all who strive to share their Bond love and wish to hold enriching discussions with the community.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @j_w_pepper is TMWTGG high in your Bond ranking?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited February 2017 Posts: 13,882
    The final test for new members is.... how fast can you run?

PFJqA.gif

If you survive, feel free to introduce yourselves here:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/13/new-members-introduce-yourself#latest
  • pking_3pking_3 Punting under the Bridge of Sighs
    edited February 2017 Posts: 33
    Not sure new jewelry other than cufflinks should be necessary; it certainly doesn't initially impact as Bondly compared to carrying cards. Perhaps as a supplemental trinket that might be useful with the ladies, though.

Refugee assimilation is important to a civil society, though, so I shall make an effort, and I have high confidence in the rest of our crew. Bring on your tests. Hire or fire...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @MajorDSmythe, that GIF solidifies the fact that I won't be sleeping tonight without having nightmares involving that baby crawling at me at ultra-speed. Beautiful!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I suggest all the new IMDB refugee's go to their local jeweler and pick up one of these ASAP. ;)
    spectre_ring1.jpg
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    @j_w_pepper is TMWTGG high in your Bond ranking?
    I already wrote in the "Introduce yourself" thread that the Sheriff was ok in LALD, but not so much in TMWTGG, which is an overall inferior JB moive. I also did not pick that screen name because of high regard for the character, but, in fact, because Scaramanga was already taken. Still, Scaramanga was an asset in TMWTGG, the Sheriff, not so much.

• QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Murdock wrote: »
    I suggest all the new IMDB refugee's go to their local jeweler and pick up one of these ASAP. ;)
    spectre_ring1.jpg
    007.com still has them available?

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    spectre_ring1.jpg

I don't know. I was just making a joke.
    One ring to rule them all... or "Octopussy, Octopussy, Octopussy"?
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    spectre_ring1.jpg

I don't know. I was just making a joke.

They do!

https://the007store.com/products/special-edition-spectre-octopus-ring
    You lads would be horrible SPECTRE agents. Posting public photos of membership ringS? Lunacy.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2017 Posts: 10,586
    A warm welcome to all of our IMDB refugees. I'm sure many of you, as well as ourselves, were surprised to learn the impromptu decision to shut down your message boards. But rest assured, this place is a safe heaven, and you will find yourselves adapting to our state-of-the-art facility in no time. As our high-ranking operative @Murdock will tell you, we ask that the only identification necessary for you to join our community is that of a SPECTRE ring. @Murdock has graciously supplied you an image of his own for reference. Here is mine:

http://www.businessinsider.in/photo/51048465/11-james-bond-props-superfans-can-drop-thousands-of-dollars-on/Live-bidding-in-London-will-start-at-5700-on-this-gold-ring-a-critical-piece-in-the-Spectre-plot-that-was-worn-by-the-villain-Oberhauser-played-by-actor-Christoph-Waltz-The-ring-is-9-carat-yellow-gold-with-a-7-tentacle-octopus-logo-imprinted-in-it-.jpg

We look forward to many of you becoming valued operatives to our regime. Now, you all are to be debriefed, and declared fit for active service. You can only return to duty once you've past the tests, so take them seriously. And a shower might be in order, as well. But separately, not together. We don't do that here.

Oh, just one more thing: If you leave, we kill you. Enjoy some great discussions!
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    Phil, aka the lover of Tournaments here! Glad to see the group is slowly coming over!
    Im also an IMDB refugee as well
    Hi Phil, welcome! I'm glad you haven't become a landphill instead.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    My way of life is threatened by you IMDB refugees. Go home.
  • Those are special rings by the way.
    Hi J-Dubyah, good to see you too. Lets hope we get a few more over.

And don't annoy the Mi6 veterans too much!

• Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited February 2017 Posts: 2,721
    Give us your tired, you poor, your Die Another Day fans...

build-the-wall-don-t-let-them-in-t-shirts-men-s-premium-t-shirt.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Welcome to our new refugees. Please refer to my above post, thanks.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Welcome Wildlings...

game-of-thrones-finale-white-walkers-army.png
    jake24 wrote: »
    Welcome to our new refugees. Please refer to my above post, thanks.
    Pray et' al, what post was this?

Scroll up, and you'll find it. It contains useful instructions and logistics.