IMDb Bond Refugees

Comments

• Any word on February's most mentioned Bond film from Rich the Bruce?
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    Ah yes, my REAL card is on standby as always. Ready to be whipped out at a moment's notice.

Thank you all for letting me join. I don't know how often I'll be posting here but if I ever need to chime in I'll know exactly where to go. I'm also quite happy that I finally got around to giving myself a proper avatar which I believe best describes by Bondian palette.

In any case nice to see you all here and I'm sure I'll see you around...

And just for old times sake... Connery, Moore, and Brosnan. Accept no substitutes!

One thing I always know about you, Ringy, is that you have similar taste in Bond movies to me.

Particularly the towering and majestic The Spy Who Loved Me.
    @CountJohn

From what I have seen so far it seems to be OHMSS.

Shocking, positively shocking, to us IMDB vets that it isnt QOS or MR.

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    CountJohn wrote: »
    Any word on February's most mentioned Bond film from Rich the Bruce?
    Yeah, with IMDb's premature expiration @rich_bruce didn't get a chance to post the February results. Now, might as well wait for end of month.

Then there's no looking back.

ddf94eb8540decb6aa6b765627d26feb.jpg

• Good to see my favorite Bond film triumph in the last month, as opposed to the usual.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Good to see my favorite Bond film triumph in the last month, as opposed to the usual.

I think you'll find that loving OHMSS is far more usual than abnormal around these parts.
    Its at #1 on my Bond film list atm....always fighting with FRWL and CR ,with QoS in 4th...
  • TheSharkFromJawsTheSharkFromJaws Amity Island Waters
    Good to see my favorite Bond film triumph in the last month, as opposed to the usual.
    You mean QUANTUM OF SOLACE?

As Martin Blank said so well: Dooooon't rush to judgment on something like that until all the facts are in.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAT54ZyD6Ux5RBen1LWSE4ZhcBC3hxuErH5L70fqqu1EdGhjPG-A

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Do not mention that name of that travesty as it has completely destroyed my love for the franchise...ah, simply forget it.
    DISCLAIMER for the non-IMDb refugees: I'm just quoting. No need to protest.
  • j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Do not mention that name of that travesty as it has completely destroyed my love for the franchise...ah, simply forget it.
    DISCLAIMER for the non-IMDb refugees: I'm just quoting. No need to protest.

Quantum of Solace is a crime against celluloid and contains no action. To be an action film the viewer needs to be able to see the action occurring on screen.
    You folks could give stuff a bad name.

burger-heaven.jpg

cropped-pb0400562.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    QoS is all about the message.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Say, Shark and Phil - would it cheer you up if I took up beginning every post with "Verily I say unto thee..."?

If there is one thing that I won't miss on IMDb, it's that. So please don't.

QOS is certainly a bottom dweller in the EON series.

That being said, it certainly isn'tone of the worst films ever made, as our old buddy was at pains to point out. Contrary to his belief, Marc Forster isn't, at least as far as I am aware, the Antichrist.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Say, Shark and Phil - would it cheer you up if I took up beginning every post with "Verily I say unto thee..."?

Ugh, that guy went on my ignore list pretty damn quick.

• I really think you people found a better place to meet.
    quantum5.jpg
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    rich_bruce wrote: »
    I really think you people found a better place to meet.
    quantum5.jpg

I feel like I'm seeing double here. Dual accounts are a no no on this forum.
  • I'll take that notice.

I have some unfinished business with this IMDb Bond Refugee community that will be complete 28 February.
    Untitled_103.jpg
    Which account do you wish to keep, and which should we close?
    You can't keep both.
  • I'll complete my business another way. rich_bruce will not return.
    So theatrical...
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    This is disapointing a duel account from a refuge so soon,best to close both and get it over with before anything messy happens ?.
  • Now might also be a good time to point out the ban against posting Eon-owned images. If that's still in effect. Can't imagine that would be obvious to newcomers, so worth stating here so everyone knows about it.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I didn't realize that we couldn't do that. So which should I keep, @Birdleson or @Murdock?
    What a twist this turned out to be...
    the-man-who-haunted-himself.jpg?w=724
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I thought the mustache would throw them.
    Yes, I believe it did throw them. Perhaps a little too well.
    hKPtkNIl.jpg
    Now might also be a good time to point out the ban against posting Eon-owned images. If that's still in effect. Can't imagine that would be obvious to newcomers, so worth stating here so everyone knows about it.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1/community-terms-conditions-of-use

PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE BEFORE POSTING ON OUR COMMUNITY. BY SIGNING UP TO OUR COMMUNITY, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE FOLLOWING.

General Conduct
    For everyone’s interest, we strive to create a growing, friendly community, based on the huge world of James Bond 007. We welcome all users from any walk of life to actively participate on our boards.

However, by doing so, you may not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. If, for any reason, you fail to adhere to this, your admittance to the board maybe subject to short or long term access exclusions.

Our community has a strong moderation team, which will actively curb any rule violations. Likewise, should you see any material that you deem to be offensive or objectionable; you should feel confident in sending any of our team a Private Message or open a support ticket with your concerns.

You should not get involved in any heated arguments between members on our board. If there is a clear violation of this policy, you should avoid adding to the argument, and instead contact our team.

Spam
    Posts that are deemed as ‘spam’ should also be avoided. These may include mass flooding of identical posts in a thread, or across several threads, posts that contain no active remarks that add to the topic discussion (such as one-word posts) or posts that, regardless of quality, are not related to the topic at hand.

Copyright
    You also should avoid posting any copyrighted material, whether textual or pictorial on our community. If you are unsure if any material is appropriate, feel free to contact the moderation team in advance of posting.

Private Message / Conversation system
    The Conversations system allows users to send messages to and from each other. These messages can actively be monitored; therefore, all of the above rules still apply. This system is not a chat system, and should not be used for any lengthy discussion. Nor should you use the Conversations system to send mass messages to users. They are subject to periodical deletion without notification or warning, in part to ensure other elements of the community run smoothly at all times. Therefore, it is highly recommended that these are used only for trivial communications.

Profile and Wall
    Like Discussions and Convocations, the profile Wall and its comments are subject to the same terms and conditions. These are publicly accessible, and will be held to the same high standards. You are responsible for your content on your own Wall as much as that which you post on others' profiles. Abusive content will not be tolerated.

Avatars / Icons / Uploading Images
    With the ability to freely upload images to the avatar section of your profile comes the responsibility to behave sensibly. Abusive, vulgar and offensive messages in pictorial or textual form will be swiftly removed by the moderators. You should refrain from uploading images to which you do not own the copyright. Images that are the property of MGM/Danjaq (namely stills and screenshots from the James Bond films) are strictly forbidden.

Links & Promotion
    If you wish to post any links to your website or community on MI6, please contact @MI6 for advertising permission in the first instance. Any unauthorised posts will be removed without prior notice.

Duplicate Accounts
    You should not create a duplicate account(s) after previously registering on our boards. Our moderation team will actively look out for any such accounts. If – for whatever reason – you need to create a subsequent account (two users operating the same machine or working on the same network), you should open a support ticket, to seek further assistance beforehand.

Duplicate accounts cover those accounts used to bypass bans or suspensions. Using a second account to circumnavigate a ban or suspension may warrant denial of your IP address from reading and posting on the boards. We may enact such a ban at any point without warning.

Cookies
    This community system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one). Failures to heed moderator warnings may result in immediate suspensions, regardless of the number of warnings.

Flags
    A flag feature allows you to bring a post to the attention of the Community moderators quickly and discretely. You should feel free use this when a post the breaks these terms is observed. Be advised, excessively or needlessly using the flag function is treated as is any other forms of SPAM.

Warnings
    At MI6 a 3 warning policy is run. After a 3rd offense of the terms and conditions, a user may be subject to a temporary exclusion or permanent ban at the administrator's discretion. Any duplicate accounts within the allotted time period, or any such attempt to bypass the account suspension will result permanent exclusion of a user's IP address. Moreover, we reserve the right to contact your Internet Service Provider.

In extreme cases, MI6 Community and/or its associates reserve the right to suspend any and all access and permissions to the community at any point for any reason or no reason at all.

Data and copyright
    By submitting posts to MI6 Community and or its associates you are agreeing that MI6 Community and or its associates own the copyright to the information (unless a previous non copyright agreement has been made beforehand in writing), and that MI6 Community and or its associates have the right to publish or use that information in any way. MI6 Community retains the right to remove or maintain any data submitted at its discretion.

Questions
    If you have any questions or queries relating to these conditions, please before proceeding to register. By clicking Register you agree to be bound by these conditions.

All pretty easy to follow and agree too.
    If you have any questions, then please PM an active mod...
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3282/moderators-on-call/p1

Thanks for your understanding. :-bd
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I see that the decision was made for him. ;)
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I'm certainly not questioning any of this. It's up to the owners of this board to make the rules.

But regardless of that, I wonder why uploading, say, a single still or frame from one of the movies to illustrate a point should be a copyright infringement, if that's the reason for the ban, while screenmusings.org does just that one-hundredfold all the time, for almost all of the Bond movies, and scores of others to boot, maintaining (apparently with none of the copyright holders contesting them) that it is all subject to the "fair use" doctrine. If they were wrong, I dare say they'd been gone long ago.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited February 2017 Posts: 17,803
    I'm certainly not questioning any of this. It's up to the owners of this board to make the rules.

But regardless of that, I wonder why uploading, say, a single still or frame from one of the movies to illustrate a point should be a copyright infringement, if that's the reason for the ban, while screenmusings.org does just that one-hundredfold all the time, for almost all of the Bond movies, and scores of others to boot, maintaining (apparently with none of the copyright holders contesting them) that it is all subject to the "fair use" doctrine. If they were wrong, I dare say they'd been gone long ago.

I believe it is because it is specifically requested by Eon Productions themselves to this particular fan community site (and perhaps some others too). In return, Eon gives this site exclusive updates in return for not posting copyrighted images from the James Bond films. That is my understanding of the reasons avatar images or stills taken from the Bond films are not permitted to be posted on this fan community site. I'm sure though that a mod or mods will fill in more of the details for you soon.