Bond's Gaming Future(News, Speculation, Discussion)

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    If Bond needs to be Italian... well... @Murdock, check out the EuroSpy thread. ;)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited January 2017 Posts: 10,588
    Am I the only one bothered by the fact that the majority of the EA games were not made backwards compatible? Nightfire is the one exception, and despite some very clean-looking graphics, the game crashes once you get to Alpine Escape.

Hooking up my original Xbox to my HDTV didn't help either, as the original graphics aren't made for high-res. The result is an overly pixelated and all around unenjoyable experience.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Remasters should've been done a long, long time ago for these games.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Sadly EA doesn't have the licence anymore so a remaster of these games are out of the question. :(
    edited January 2017 Posts: 15,423
    I don't think any of the games besides GoldenEye 007 on Nintendo 64 will ever be talked about. That one "raised the bar" as critics (and people) said, and the others just followed. Only the fans will talk about them. Say Nightfire to anyone, they'll respond with? "What's that? Sexual fantasy flick?" (Don't ask how I know.) or Agent Under Fire... "Is it a cheesy cartoon or summin'?!"
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    I'm glad this thread is getting some action I wonder if we will ever see a video game console game for bond maybe the nintendo
    switch?

I really miss the old times when bond console games regularly came out.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Third party would never target just the Switch, especially with how badly it'll underperform in sales. We need a strong cross-platform title as original as Blood Stone with improved mechanics. I'd love to see EA's "Bond moments" return in a modern context where there's hidden things to do in each level that improve your Bond ranking for each stage. Have a circus level where you get a bonus for winning a game where you shoot a toy gun at targets, or in a gala level you could organize a quick rendezvous with a female contact before the mission target appears.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Unrelated, but are there any screenshots that have surfaced from the cancelled "Bond6" game, that was set to feature a younger Pierce Brosnan?
    edited January 2017 Posts: 15,423
    I don't believe Bond6 entered further into development other than concept arts that was used for From Russia With Love's prologue level, and TV Spot commercial that was used for GoldenEye: Rogue Agent (the one where GoldenEye scratches Bond's Aston with his P99 and blows up a yacht).
    Interesting, thanks.
    I wish all of us would get the chance to sit down and develop a Bond game together. The cancelled Bond game from Raven is the one I'm most intrigued with. It would be great if there are more games loosely based on the smaller Bond stories with some original writing here and there.
    I myself am more interested in how Tomorrow Never Dies: The Mission Continues would've played like, or the 'Bond6' project that never materialized sadly. Perhaps one day when someone writes a book based on the Bond video games similarly to Some Kind of Hero, that'd be terrific. However, The 007 Dossier website has made something similar in the form of a video documentary regarding the matter...
    Do you have a link to that, @ClarkDevlin? I'd love to take a look at it.
    Many thanks!
    Anyone notice the easter egg at 4:09?

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Murdock wrote: »
    I want a Bond game that was as great as Nightfire. It is the definitive Bond game. It had excellent controls, Story, action, locales. That's what I want in Bond, make it like Hitman Blood Money with the option to toggle between first and third person and we have the best Bond game ever.

Nighfire was and is awesome I still play it to this day and have a blast especially multiplayer
    jake24 wrote: »
    Anyone notice the easter egg at 4:09?

The access card, Jake?
    The computer monitor. Look familiar? :D
    The Pipeline from TWINE?
    The Pipeline from TWINE?
    Yup!
    The Pipeline from TWINE?
    Yup!
    Bond should've said: "What on Earth Malprave would use The King Pipeline for?"
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Can you put any of the ps2 games in the ps4?
    @QuantumOrganization, PS2 games weren't compatible with the PS3 system nor the PS4. The only hope you ever have of playing a PS2 title on the current-gen system is if Sony offered the old game as a digital download on the Playstation Store, classed as a "PS2 Classic." The likelihood of a Bond game getting that treatment is very, very unlikely.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @QuantumOrganization, PS2 games weren't compatible with the PS3 system nor the PS4. The only hope you ever have of playing a PS2 title on the current-gen system is if Sony offered the old game as a digital download on the Playstation Store, classed as a "PS2 Classic." The likelihood of a Bond game getting that treatment is very, very unlikely.

It's a shame more developers don't follow in Rockstar's footsteps, as I think well over half of their gaming catalogue from the PS2/Xbox Original days are now on the PS4. Pretty much any Bond title from the same era that received the same treatment would be a day-one purchase for me, but like you said, it's "very, very unlikely."
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    That's what I thought. Thanks @Brady
    Creasy47 wrote: »

It's a shame more developers don't follow in Rockstar's footsteps, as I think well over half of their gaming catalogue from the PS2/Xbox Original days are now on the PS4. Pretty much any Bond title from the same era that received the same treatment would be a day-one purchase for me, but like you said, it's "very, very unlikely."

@Creasy47, quite. The EA games, especially EoN and FRWL, were already great looking for their day, and they wouldn't even need to have a remaster done to sell well. I'd love to be able to play those games on my PS4 instead of hunting copies of them down from older generations just to experience them.
    Sad to say that I missed my opportunity to play FRWL. It released in early November, but I had the Xbox 360 pre-ordered, which was releasing later that month, so I didn't want to shell out money for a game I wouldn't have really had much time to enjoy.
    @Creasy47, never too late to experience it on emulators.
    @Creasy47, never too late to experience it on emulators.

I'd fire it up and play it no problem if I had a copy with a PS2 sitting in front of me, but I've never been one to bother with emulators/any sort of gaming on my Mac. I already shelled out enough for this PS4/PS Plus, on top of the games I'm always getting, so I don't want to make a foray into another "system," of sorts.

Then again, I suppose I could easily pick this game up with a PS2 for a low price these days. Maybe one day.