The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Murdock wrote: »
    The music is great too. Shame that wasn't on the soundtrack.

Any idea why it was omitted? Shame, because it's a solid track.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    The music is great too. Shame that wasn't on the soundtrack.

Any idea why it was omitted? Shame, because it's a solid track.

Sadly lots film scores don't get a full release. Moonraker is the biggest example as it only has 10 tracks on the officially released album. There is this fan made cover though.
    What a shame. I don't really follow information on film scores/soundtracks as much as I should, but it's definitely upsetting they omit some of the songs on the finished album.
    edited January 2017 Posts: 16,330
    There have been official expanded editions released over the years officially but after LALD they stopped. Not sure why. Shame really. I'd kill to have complete scores of all the Bond films. I wish La La Land records had the licensing to release Bond scores. They have worked miracles. They released a 15 CD Box set of all the music from Star Trek the original series. Every bit of music heard on the show. If they did something like that with all the Bond scores I'd give all the money for it.
    I could easily shell out a good chunk of change for something like that, no question.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Didn't TND and DAD get expanded editions?
    I don't know about TND but I know DAD did get a 2 CD complete score release.
    MR: It's interesting that Corinne goes from high heels to white sneakers in a matter of seconds as she flees (and gets killed) by the dogs.

You've probably watched this series a bit too much when you start noticing shit like this.
    How did it go @Birdleson ?
    20th Fox fan fare...

Cue John Barry love this piece of music on the menu page, though it's obvious with this film and subsequent film that the Bond theme has slowed down a little, because of the actors age perhaps?

Initiate mission on my first Bond film of 2017...

Octopussy
    Bond at the air field... Stereotypes galore
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Can't help but smile when watching OP Moore on good form, love the Astro Jet sequence. Maybe it's time to Digitally remove the rod proping up the Astro Jet whilst it travels through the hanger. My 4K TV is exposing alot of dirt and grain on this print, worst I have seen so far from the films I have watched.
    "Fill her up please !! "....i love OP.....the first Bond film i ever saw at the cinema and the one that always means the most to me...
    barryt007 wrote: »
    "Fill her up please !! "....i love OP.....the first Bond film i ever saw at the cinema and the one that always means the most to me...

Same for me my parents took me when I was 9.

barryt007 wrote: »

Same for me my parents took me when I was 9.

Really ? brilliant..i was 13 ,and the locations,villains,Sir Rog,Vijay etc blew me away...and the John Barry score is ,i think,his best.

It is a great score underrated film as it's jam packed with great story and locations, the dodgy humour at times undermines it. Though this Bond film does have everything, the death of 009 is sinister great scene.

I miss Bond displaying his random knowledge.
    Highly amusing every twenty something super model eyeing up Bond in this :))

Kristina Wayborn is displaying phenomenal acting skills.
    Feeling good and firing up FYEO. Really looking forward to it (from the title sequence onward, as the PTS is one of my least favorites in the series).
    Conti's Score has grown on me certainly for the action sequences in FYEO.
    A lot of the stunt work in the PTS is impressive, and I do enjoy Bond patting Blofeld's head before dropping him off the helicopter.
    I love Moore's satisfied expressions as he's got Blofeld hook line and sinker.
    One thing John Glen's Bond films did very well, fantastic practical stunts.
    One thing John Glen's Bond films did very well, fantastic practical stunts.

The finale in this is thrilling every time, all of the stunt work involved during it is terrifically done. Bond's final ascent before he sends Apostis toppling off the side is great.
    The rock climbing sequence is great, the tension is built superbly.
    Bond driving on train tracks in OP X_X this has never sat well with me. Bond in and out of Gorilla suit... HOW???????

Incredible stunt work on the train in OP, Martin Grace suffered for his art big time.
    "That's NOT funny, 007."

Q is so unamused that he doesn't even have the time to come up with a quip.
    The identigraph scene seemed dated even for 1981, they should have got Dykstra or Trumbull in for that.
    That quickly cut shot of Bond punching the guy straight off the side of the boat as they assault the docks in this gets an unexpected laugh out of me every time. Love it.
  • LordBrettSinclairLordBrettSinclair Greensleeves
    TLD and SP

what a contrast, one has potentially best Bond in mediocre film, the other has weakest Bond by far in one of best films!

Dalton in Spectre, now that would have been a dream!
    Or if she was shot dead.