No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Lets use as a thing to check mark and see where we are on bond 25 development https://www.studiobinder.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Pre-Production-Checklist-and-Workflow-StudioBinder-min.png

The issue with that is that moviemaking, depending on who's on board and the content they're producing, will have different schedules and expectations. Nowadays you're likely to find "script development" beyond even stages 5, 6 and 7, for one. There's really no end to a script anyway (or a piece of writing) so I hate it when a text is talked about as being "finished." Fixes can and do occur at every stage, depending on conditions and the ideas being submitted throughout production.
    After seeing Man from UNCLE I am now convinced Guy Ritchie could do fun Bond. He understands action and knows how to do dark humor extremely well, which is somewhat of a underrated element of James Bond movies.
    Ritchie would be an excellent choice , based on track record for sure.
    Uncle IMO was the clincher.
    I think he'd give us a great Bond, minus the personal drama that Mendes demanded.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Yann Demange Or Martin Campbell please.
  • 0Brady is right, script development is a very broad term. The brainstorming on this thread would qualify as script development. As a writer, taking a moment during my morning coffee to consider or think about a project is script development... but that doesn't mean there's a script on the horizon. Nor is it ever really finished -- it usually changes even during the shoot. By the same token, we can say that Bond 25 is in development. All that requires is for the producers know that there will be another Bond film at some point in the indeterminate future. That's enough for anyone to claim that it's in development. Or pre-production, as some call it. I doesn't mean anyone has lifted a finger to inch the project toward completion, just that it's coming some day. When something truly tangible starts happening, we'll hear about it. It's virtually impossible to keep a lid on that kind of progress these days.
    thanks @writer5150.
    Sounds about right. Does not appear that anyone has "lifted a finger" just yet.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    We have no definitive proof of anybody lifting a finger, nor any definitive proof of anybody not lifting a finger.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 4,622
    But if someone were to actually lift a finger, as @writer suggests we would probably know.
    I think he's probably right. Even maybe right. :)
    I believe Purvis & Wade handed some ideas to Barbara & Mendes was included in that discussion IMO.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 4,622
    007Blofeld wrote: »

According to this blurbing, William Hill has Craig as odds-on to return as Bond, with filming to begin in 2017.
    Waltz is prohibitive favourite to return as lead villain.
    Margot Robbie favourite for lead Bond Girl, but still longish odds, 8-1.
    Still not clear if any fingers have actually been lifted, but oddsmakers are busy at least.
    Good value on the Robbie line.
    She'd be getting consideration, I think.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Robbie is very very busy and won't be free until 2019 at least.
    doubleoego wrote: »

Oh well, won't be taking those odds then.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Madeleine will fill the main Bond girl spot, so we can axe discussions on anybody else willing the spot for Bond 25. I figure it'll be like Skyfall, where there will be no other female lead of that kind (as with M in that film) except for maybe a minor female character that isn't romantically involved with Bond, but that still takes part in the action somehow.

I'd like Tilda Swinton as Bunt, myself.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited December 2016 Posts: 10,588
    I'd much prefer Madeleine as the secondary Bond girl, with a new actress taking her place. Cate Blanchett would be perfect for a villainess (for which we are overdue). Tilda as Bunt would be perfect as well.
    If Waltz comes back dont expect Madeline. They want new characters they wont bring back everyone form SP
    If Waltz is back (fingers crossed), I will most certainly expect Madeleine.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    If Waltz comes back dont expect Madeline. They want new characters they wont bring back everyone form SP

I sincerely hope so. If Eon were to bring back another main Bond girl to continue in a new film, Madeline would certainly not be my first choice. Someone more iconic like Tatiana, Domino, Solitaire, Pussy, or Anya I'd chose over Madeline any day. And THAT's never going to happen. Something like that might have worked better during those long lost years of the 2 year gap. By the time B25 starts production I imagine most casual film goers won't even remember or even know who Madeline is. It's not like she could tell the future, lead a circus of beautiful female pilots, or was Bond's equal in the KBG.
    For the sake of variety, I'd suggest going back to the tried and true formula of having a new main Bond girl in B25. No mention of Madeline, no mention of Vesper, etc etc.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

In QoS they brought at least 4 characters back from CR and mentioned two which had died in the previous movie.
  • doubleoego wrote: »

So just in time for preproduction to begin on Bond 25 then...sounds good!
    I'd rather Robbie be spared for the next Bond. We don't want to end up with a Moore-Roberts type situation, do we?
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

I would expect just the opposite. EoN probably wants to finish that story if they bring Waltz back.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Please just soft reboot.
    I count
    Walecs wrote: »

In QoS they brought at least 4 characters back from CR and mentioned two which had died in the previous movie.
    I count 3

Pal, the movie ends with Bond leaving for a life with Madeleine, and Blofeld is lying on the bridge giving them a vengeful look. They're all going to be back to tie that story up, so do set your expectations accordingly.

How can people seriously think it's going to continue any other way? I waste so much time explaining the obvious.
    I don't think EON are that tied to the story Mendes told with SP. It's a follow on from SF mainly for monetary reasons, and they attempted to tie the Craig era together, again, as a gimmick to capitalize on the Marvel cinema universe where everything is connected.

They tried the sequel idea before in the wake of the success of CR, and when QoS turned out to be not as well loved, they dropped Quantum completely and moved forward like it never happened.
  • RC7RC7

Pal, the movie ends with Bond leaving for a life with Madeleine, and Blofeld is lying on the bridge giving them a vengeful look. They're all going to be back to tie that story up, so do set your expectations accordingly.

How can people seriously think it's going to continue any other way? I waste so much time explaining the obvious.

It's the obvious continuation, but that doesn't mean it'll happen. Given EON's track record I'd say it's not certain at all. I'd hazard that most people don't give a shit and wouldn't bat an eyelid if she was reduced to a single line of dialogue.
    I don't think EON are that tied to the story Mendes told with SP. It's a follow on from SF mainly for monetary reasons, and they attempted to tie the Craig era together, again, as a gimmick to capitalize on the Marvel cinema universe where everything is connected.

They tried the sequel idea before in the wake of the success of CR, and when QoS turned out to be not as well loved, they dropped Quantum completely and moved forward like it never happened.

Once again, you are incorrect on many fronts, but you do go a long way towards proving my point for me.

It's truly stupefying to me that some think EON are just going to drop the story they have with so many loose ends hanging in the wind. Even funnier is their idea of how they think EON operate and how moviemaking functions in general.

I'd also like to add that EON were working with connected narrative before Marvel. The above contention that holds as much weight as all these Nolan comparisons.
    I expect an announcement in january.
    RC7 wrote: »

It's the obvious continuation, but that doesn't mean it'll happen. Given EON's track record I'd say it's not certain at all. I'd hazard that most people don't give a shit and wouldn't bat an eyelid if she was reduced to a single line of dialogue.

Precisely. I doubt it would even register with the general audience if Madeline were never mentioned again. People are used to the Bond women disappearing between films, that's not a departure.
    I was sure that in the wake of SP way back in late '15, that Waltz and Seydoux would both be back, as Swann seemed to have at least originally been created as a riff on OHMSS's Tracy, but the final treatment of SP toned that angle down, thus allowing for varied options for a sequel.
    Now that the dust has settled, IMO the aftermath is such that the Bond-Swann-Blofeld axis really hasn't resonated in any impactful way.
    The Bond-Swann romance I don't think has big carry-over interest.
    The Bond Blofeld history went over like a lead balloon.
    I'm thinking you could go full steam ahead with a Craig Waltz-Blofeld follow-up and write the Swann character out, no problem.
    In fact I think this is not only possible, but desirable.
    Even if they want to go down the Castle Of Death route, Bond has plenty of motivation to go after the dragon and Bunt within.
    Mind you, I am not advocating killing Ernst.
    Rather I would like a near miss, or some sort of resolve where it seems Ernst is dead, but of course he is not, and can return to battle Bond again, either as background big bad, a la FRWL &TB, or as lead villain.