The Next American President Thread (2016)

Comments

• The results so far, after 17 forummembers have casted their votes, are:
    11 votes: HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON & Tim Kaine (Democratic Party: left of centre, mildly progressive)
    04 votes: DONALD JOHN TRUMP & Mike Pence (Republican Party: right wing, conservative to populist)
    00 votes: GARY EARL JOHNSON & Bill Weld (Libertarian Party: centrist, left on social issues, right on others)
    00 votes: JILL STEIN & Ajamu Baraka (Green Party: left wing and very progressive)
    00 votes: EVAN 'DAVID' MCMULLIN & Mindy Finn (Independent: centrist, left on social issues, right on others)
    00 votes: Option to WRITE-IN someone else
    02 votes: Option to ABSTAIN from voting

You see? Plenty of options to choose from :-). As long as people are willing to vote for ideas and issues instead of pictures and persons.

Clinton:
    @Agent007391
    @jobo
    @Murdock
    @4EverBonded
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    @SharkBait
    @echo
    @FoxRox
    @TripAces
    @BeatlesSansEarmuffs

Trump:
    @Jetsetwilly
    @Timmer
    @Germanlady
    @BondJames

Abstaining from voting:
    @BondJasonBond006
    @Dalton
  • I will be voting for Clinton tomorrow.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    My state will certainly vote for Clinton, so I have the luxury of writing in Bernie without it being an automatic vote for Trump. Were I in a close-run state I'd be forced to vote for the Hill.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    what about the senate? isn't that the real important vote, 34? of 100 are elected.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Of course the Senate is hugely important.
    so what's the word? Will the Dems win it back?
    It's not over until it's over, @FLeiter. Don't count Trump out until he's lost. I'm damn near expecting my vote to be thrown out tomorrow because I live not just in a red state but in Pence's state.

Hang in there. ALL the polls show Hillary 4-7+, even Faux News. Having Hoosier roots along the White River and Route 50 and the Hatchet House, it's over. I don't see a Luke Zeller on Trump's bench to save the day with a miracle shot. I see Rudy trying to pull his shorts on over his head and Christie at the buffet line at the Chew and Choke.

This is what they're missing.

• so what's the word? Will the Dems win it back?

The chance is like 100% the Democrats gain some seats in the Senate...and like 55% for regaining a 51+ seat majority. If that's the case.....Hillary Clinton can at least fill out the vacant supreme court seat more easily.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 11,119
    The results so far, after 18 forummembers have casted their votes, are:

12 votes: HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON & Tim Kaine (Democratic Party: left of centre, mildly progressive)
    04 votes: DONALD JOHN TRUMP & Mike Pence (Republican Party: right wing, conservative to populist)
    00 votes: GARY EARL JOHNSON & Bill Weld (Libertarian Party: centrist, left on social issues, right on others)
    00 votes: JILL STEIN & Ajamu Baraka (Green Party: left wing and very progressive)
    00 votes: EVAN 'DAVID' MCMULLIN & Mindy Finn (Independent: centrist, left on social issues, right on others)
    00 votes: Option to WRITE-IN someone else
    02 votes: Option to ABSTAIN from voting

You see? Plenty of options to choose from :-). As long as people are willing to vote for ideas and issues instead of pictures and persons.

Clinton:
    @Agent007391
    @jobo
    @Murdock
    @4EverBonded
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    @SharkBait
    @echo
    @FoxRox
    @TripAces
    @BeatlesSansEarmuffs
    @CraterGuns

Trump:
    @Jetsetwilly
    @Timmer
    @Germanlady
    @BondJames

Abstaining from voting:
    @BondJasonBond006
    @Dalton

By the way, this is my Electoral Vote map prediction for tomorrow:
    ly7aSU3.jpg

Compared with Barack Obama's electoral vote map from 2008:
    oQNsnfl.jpg
    I predict a Reagan map but blue instead of red.
  • I predict a Reagan map but blue instead of red.

No way....

I predict a Reagan map but blue instead of red.

No way....

why? don't you believe that Hillary might win this in an unprecedented landslide?
  • I predict a Reagan map but blue instead of red.

No way....

why? don't you believe that Hillary might win this in an unprecedented landslide?

It's simply not going to happen in such a polarized landscape, in which populism becomes a driving force....and makes consensus even more impossible.

Clinton will win between 300 and 325 EV's. Not more. And the Democrats will perhaps struggle to get a good majority in the Senate.
  • The Dutch are entirely glued to the TV screen with this LIVE broadcast from NOS Nieuwsuur (A bit like CBS's News Hour). It's all in English, with American guests, and it gives you an idea about how Dutch journalism is viewing these elections :-):

http://nos.nl/livestream/npo-nieuws.html
  • Just one question?

Do you think Donald Trump should have a consession speech tomorrow if he looses? One in which he openly concedes to Hillary Clinton?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    So long as the man doesn't bitch and moan and whine, I'll be happy even if he doesn't concede. Not everyone will be happy with Hillary Clinton winning, as this thread has shown. But I don't wanna hear for six months after she takes office that he's trying to get the election results changed.

The man will almost certainly demand a recount if he loses the election.
    Good point, @Agent007391. I am with you; I don't care to hear from him ever again, actually. But after thinking it thru, he needs to give a statement conceding, if he does indeed lose. But one hopes it would be more concise and decent. Highly doubtful it would be like that, though.
  • Sadly, that's not going to happen. I'm afraid that Donald Trump will not concede tomorrow if he looses :-(. And that will cause a shockwave - again.

On top of that, I'm fairly convinced that we continue hearing from Donald Trump. Yared Kushner (Ivanka's husband) and Donald Trump Jr are already laying the groundworks for a new media empire. One that will be quite similar to Berlusconi in Italy.

And I wouldn't be surprised that Donald Trump Jr sooner or later will move forward to become United States senator...and perhaps US president in the near future as well.
    I doubt Trump will concede if he loses. His ego is just too big. I'd be shocked.
    The real interesting question here is, how will the Democrats and Hillary react if they lose!
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 3,564
    This just in on the musical/political newschannel: Steve Wonder has placed his endorsement... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/stevie-wonder-driving-equals-trump-presidency_us_5820c1a0e4b0aac62485fa21 "Voting for Donald Trump would be like asking me to drive your car." Stevie being blind & all...

Good job, Stevie! Here's a bipartisan moment from this brilliant musical legend. I'm lapsing out of my Dylan frenzy long enough to bring you Stevie playing a Beatles' song at the White House: We Can Work It Out...

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The real interesting question here is, how will the Democrats and Hillary react if they lose!

Clinton has stated that she'll accept it if she loses. Third debate, I believe.
    In about 36 hours we can finally close this and open the 'General American Politics thread'. :)
    Clinton would concede. She is mature that way.

By the way, wikileaks was supposed to drop a big surprise 2 days before election. What was that? Did it happen? If so, which one?
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 4,622
    TripAces wrote: »
    timmer wrote: »
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Your FBI is just now
    So because the Saudis and Qatar gave money to both ISIL and the Clinton Foundation, that means the rogue elements at the FBI are justified in subverting our election process? Nonsense. Lots of American businessmen -- like the Donald-- give money to both the Democrats & Republicans at the same time, they're just hedging their bets. Henry Ford worked with the American military as well as working with Nazi Germany. (He was also a noted anti-Semite. It didn't mean that he made bad cars, just that his politics sucked. The FBI never tried to goose the sales of Chevrolets to get back at him.) Business and politics have a long history of mixing like oil and water. Sometimes you just need to add a little balsamic and you get a nice salad dressing.

Of course, they are right in doing this. IF it subverts the election process - so what? Is it wrong to shed light on things?

As for proof - I am not that familiar with english speaking trustworthy adresses, I could post endlessly. I once posted something for Jason in German. But my sources are basically in German of people, I feel are trustworthy. Once in a while I stumble across something in English, which I post, if I believe, its interesting and true.

@Beatles - apparently you didn't get the meaning. The Saudis and Co funded ISIS and gave huge amounts of money to the Clinton foundation. For that, they got the biggest arms deal ever back, which again went to ISIS. What is it, that you don't understand? That Clinton didn't know, what the arms were for? Naaa, not even you believe that. Providing arms for the Middle East in the first place is a VERY bad idea. But they want gas and oil. Nothing else is of interest there. Do you agree? etc etc...

The problem with the Qatar donation is not so much the inappropriateness of it. That can be rationalized barely.
    The scandal and outrage is that she is the effing Secretary of State. The conflict-of-interest to the national interest is brazen. Plus not declaring the donation to the State Dept.

She is clearly aware of the situation that such a conflict puts the State Department in, vis-a-vis it's Mideast policy.
    She just doesn't give a shit.
    The foundation's interest trump.
    High public office is private sandbox for Willy and her.
    To label her a crook is not a stretch
    Walks like a duck.....

If by chance she gets elected, she will be under relentless deserved attack for past crimes.
    Good chance she gets hounded out of office.
    Hard to really pin anything on a sitting President but they can be impeached or forced to resign, with a cushy little deal naturally.
    Hopefully this time she wouldn't plunder White House furniture and kitchenwares. She had to be made to put it back last time.
    In the spirit of song lyrics.
    To quote my favourite band.

"she's the worst thing in this world.."

Rolling Stones, Stupid Girl

Clearly, you don't understand what the Clinton Foundation is and you don't understand what kind of networking is accomplished to make "things happen" in the realm of charity work. If you have ever worked for a charity or a nonprofit, as I have, you'd get it.

I work part-time for a nonprofit that is still in its infancy. The types of people I have to meet with and have dinners with are not the types of people I would invite to my home. But they have money. And our job is to get them to open a checkbook and write a check. It's what we do.

Bono once went to Congress and met with people he no doubt despised. he made friends with Geoerge W. Bush and John McCain and said, openly, that he didn't care what he had to do to get more aid into Africa. he did it. And he mostly prostituted himself to do it.

The Clinton Foundation is NOT Hillary Clinton. She is not the CEO. So any contributions the foundation gets from Qatar or anyone else is their business--and good for them.

The issue here is that the Obama administration asked to be made aware of such transactions and this was not followed. But that is between HRC and the WH.

oi vey.The IQ level and comprehension skills of the typical Clinton blowhard are lower than even feared. I realize you are foaming-at-the-mouth rabid for your girl, but you don't need to present yourself as a complete moron.
    You do realize that you have made no point or clarification that actually challenges anything
    Thanks for the lecture.
    If you can't see the conflict of interest between Quatar making donations to the Clinton foundation and Hillary being Secretary of State,(her last name btw is Clinton. Her husband is Bill, if you hadn't picked up on that either) like everyone else on the planet, that doesn't have head-up-ass, you really are dim.
    Denial is a blissful state or more likely you just really are that stupid.
    Your other posts tend to support the latter. Its a damning body of work. Eee-gads :(|)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    If Hillary wins, I'm going to celebrate and get drunk and pray the worst is over.

If Trump wins I'm going to get very drunk and pray the worst won't happen.
This discussion has been closed.