Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    SPONGE BOB

Love it. The absurdity of it all.
  • Agent Carter. I hate that they cancelled this nice show.

13.jpg
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Agreed. It was rather a good one.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Agent Carter. I hate that they cancelled this nice show.

13.jpg

Watching Agent Carter at the moment, for the first time. Currently on Episode 6 of Season 1. Enjoying it so far.
    Finished "Legends of Tomorrow" on saturday evening. Two points I have to discuss here.

First, no compliments to TMC (and its parent channel TF1) for having rushed the series. For the past four weeks, they aired three episodes per evening. The last week : four episodes in a row. What was wrong with putting two episodes per week ? Or just one ? Frankly, I don't understand.

And second, (sarcasm mode on), congratulations on them spoiling one big twist on "Arrow". Granted, the beginning of the series spoiled an early development in the parent show, but we pretty much knew, thanks to promotional material, that Sara's death was going to be reversed. But there, the plot about Laurel has not aired yet in France. Nice going here, TMC ! (sarcasm mode off).

But of course, it's really business as usual for TF1. They're airing "Arrow" and "Flash" at 23.30 in the evenings, and I have to use the replay, or iTunes, to catch on "Arrow". Why, I don't know. They don't air the crossovers in the right order. And now, they spoiled a big plot point (for what happened to Felicity, the episode of Arrow aired on tuesday, so that's not as important, even if I watch the replay of Arrow on sunday).

Oh, and "Agent Carter" ? Four episodes a week on saturday. Knowing that the first season has only eight episodes...
    Westworld.

Watched first episode last night - just stunning. You have to wonder, re the photography and the landscapes, how good it would look on at the cinema. Seems wasted on my TV
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    patb wrote: »
    Westworld.

Watched first episode last night - just stunning. You have to wonder, re the photography and the landscapes, how good it would look on at the cinema. Seems wasted on my TV

I can't imagine. I've been anticipating this show for a while, and that anticipation turned to obsession once I saw the premiere. Floored me and I've been enjoying the series ever since. Be sure to share your thoughts once you catch the next two episodes.
  • KaijuDirectorOO7KaijuDirectorOO7 Once Upon a Time Somewhere...
    SPONGE BOB

Love it. The absurdity of it all.

That my friend, was my childhood. You will find no objections from me there.
    Man, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is just getting better and better.
    Best of the Worse on Red letter media, crazy and funny as always. It occurs to me I watch YouTube channels more than most other things.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @fire_and_ice, same. In the digital age, YouTube is the new TV network to rule them all.
    @fire_and_ice, same. In the digital age, YouTube is the new TV network to rule them all.
    Some great content on YouTube now like Collider, Red letter Media and Double Toasted... I could make a long list... for movie fans it's great I rarely watch terrestrial TV at all now.
    Ripper Street.
    The finale was a shocker which I still cannot believe! Great show.
    Re Westworld, this may sound strange, but within the context of where the USA is at the moment, it struck me that Westworld is crafted by some very clever people. A clever concept, a clever script, clever themes, clever back stories, clever cast, clever effects etc etc. Its just a fantastic piece of work that not only looks fantastic but really makes the audience think and does not patronise the audience in any way. How the hell can a country with such talented and clever people end up being lead by such poor politicians?
    But I digress, episodes 2 and 3 just added more layers to the plot and just asks more from the audience re their focus and concentration. I dont want to get into the area of spoilers but, once we have all seen it, we have so much to discuss. its just a wonder piece of work IMHO
    edited October 2016 Posts: 189
    ee3cfaab2e4d5764d11afd0922f91a73.jpg
    Kamen Rider Black. Just me indulging in the one thing that could outstrip my love of the worlds of fictional espionage and glorious movie epics - tokusatsu!
    Westworld episode 3 wow this is one of the best 45 minutes of television I ever watched, supreme writing metaphor and subtext The Tempest Ieaps out at me. This is brilliant television though I think potentially dangerous.
    I've been re-watching Creature Comforts in Youtube. I have to say that despite not being average people directly discussing topics like in the original, our VAs did a great job playing "the great British public".
    The Night Manager (2016)

Loved it.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 15,423
    A friend of mine recommended me an episode of Hawaii Five-0's Season 7, and I've just come to see it...

Trust me, I haven't enjoyed watching anything on television as much as I enjoyed this. A fun episode with countless jabs made at James Bond. The cinematic James Bond and not the literary one, of course.

Chris Vance plays a pretending rogue MI-6 agent undercover to infiltrate a terrorist circle and bring the head of the "boss" on platter. And boy, doesn't he play the James Bond we've always been wanting all along? The man is a Sean Connery reincarnation. Enjoyed his series based on The Transporter (which he also played it like he was playing Bond), and enjoyed him here a lot, too. Not to mention, the man drives a Bentley for crying out loud and wears fancy suits! He definitely has the charisma on the screen, Connery and Moore type sense of humour, Craig type of fighting skills.

To all Bond fans out there, see this episode. You'll enjoy the hell out of it.

Alex O'laughlin's Steve McGarrett serves as a great Jack Lord-like Felix Leiter to Chris Vance's British super-spy. And the irony is that, the original McGarrett was played by Lord himself. :D

There are many references to the Bond films and there actually is a conversation taking place between McGarrett and the British spy.

3o6Zt1YTwDiy3WjBpS.gif
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 15,851
    THE MUPPET SHOW

My mom had found 3 VHS tapes of this 70's classic and one tape happened to contain the Mark Hamill/Star Wars episode. I haven't seen this since i was about 8. Quite entertaining. Too bad the Roger Moore episode wasn't on this tape.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    THE MUPPET SHOW

My mom had found 3 VHS tapes of this 70's classic and one tape happened to contain the Mark Hamill/Star Wars episode. I haven't seen this since i was about 8. Quite entertaining. Too bad the Roger Moore episode wasn't on this tape.

I remember them both, vaguely.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Working through Dexter (just finished season 3 ), Westworld, The Fall series 3, and American Horror Storey season 6.

Kind of mix and match them.
    The Walking Dead. Neagan is one sick sob. I was ready to lose that one character, because I knew it would happen.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    SharkBait wrote: »
    The Walking Dead. Neagan is one sick sob. I was ready to lose that one character, because I knew it would happen.
    One of the most horrible hours of television I've ever seen, far too much for even me to stomach. If I ever see that again, it'll be too soon.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Star Trek: Voyager - currently re-watching this show from The Caretaker right through to the end. Currently about a quarter of the way through Season 2. And Neelix still annoys the heck out of me!
    Started watching my X-Files box set with my son. It s been years for me, and it s the first watch for him. This could take half a year, but that is fine.
    edited November 2016 Posts: 189
    Halloween Hitlist Part II: The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror marathon, and The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Collect Call of Cathulhu". That is all.
    Macgyver: the show keeps getting better and better and next week Murdoc comes back
    She's the crazy ex girlfriend, what no I'm not , she's the crazy ex girlfriend, that's a sexist term, she's the crazy ex girlfriend, can you guys stop singing for a second, SHE'S SO BROKEN INSIIIIIIIDE !

That being said, the new season has been unfocused, disjointed and not very funny so far.