The Next American President Thread (2016)

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Well now that Bill Clinton has been brought up...

I find it highly hypocritical to demand Trump to step down from the race when Clinton got busy in the oval office with an intern.

It is even worse when Republican's who tried to remove Clinton from office for how many years? 4, 5? are now calling Trump a sexist.

Half of all Republicans over 50 have the same mindset as Trump, especially those in the Tea Party.

Not saying here what Trump said or did is in any way ok. He is a pig quite frankly.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Trump's remarks are despicable no doubt. However, that's his brand. It's almost what I expect from him. Crude and obnoxious.

Only one president has had his knob polished in the Oval Office that I'm aware of, and that was Slick Willy himself. I was completely against the witch hunt that the Republicans launched during the 90's however.

As far as I was concerned, his private matters were his business. I didn't like that he lied about it though.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I don't think De Niro will be voting for Trump, but I'm still not 100% sure:

:))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    What Kennedy got up to in his day would make Bill look like a below amateur sex artist. Apparently Kennedy couldn't get through his day without at least three rolls in the proverbial hay (who knows the truth of this aspect). Kennedy was also a true gentleman, however, and didn't indulge piggish words and actions as we've seen from Trump, despite his massive sexual appetite. Nobody is perfect, but the implication of rape on Trump's side don't sit well, as they shouldn't.

For all his private excursions and lust driven mistakes, it remains that Kennedy was an honorable, brave and transparent man that hated the direction the world was turning in, that being one of great secrecy in government, disrespect of the public and foolish wars fought on foreign soil. He would be furious to see us now.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Troy wrote: »
    I still don't get this.

US citizens are voting for the leader of the western world, whose polices affect most people on the planet.

Over the last 20 years we have seen the rule of the Neocons, who have increasingly centralized power and money towards a global elite. Enriching themselves, through political corruption, they caused a wake of wars, mass migration, and debt crisis.

Hilary Clinton is a continuation candidate. Trump appears to be something else.
    Yes, something far worse.
    I still haven't seen on this forum any rational discussion of why trump will be a disaster
    Then you never will. I hate Hillary, but Trump would destroy our world. Or at least, send us into an even bigger cauldron of bigoted, sexist hate than we are in now.

Why?

He seems to condemn the western meddling in the Middle East, and I've not noticed him slagging Iran. He also seems conciliatory to wards Russia - in contrast to the current govt who seem to be doing all they can to provoke Russia. Has he said anything about China?

I'm not particularly trying to defend Trump, just genuinely curious
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Wouldn t it be neat if neither candidate got a single vote?

Not gonna happen though with all those idiots around.

Why don't we turn the whole process on it's head and make them vote for us. We tell them what they want to hear, and they vote for us. I don't know how that would work exactly, but it has got to be better than having those two as the only candidates.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

If you've heard the man speak words, good words- the best words in fact, and you are still curious, then nothing I can say will enlighten you. :))
    I still don't get this.

US citizens are voting for the leader of the western world, whose polices affect most people on the planet.

Over the last 20 years we have seen the rule of the Neocons, who have increasingly centralized power and money towards a global elite. Enriching themselves, through political corruption, they caused a wake of wars, mass migration, and debt crisis.

I still haven't seen on this forum any rational discussion of why trump will be a disaster
    Then you never will. I hate Hillary, but Trump would destroy our world. Or at least, send us into an even bigger cauldron of bigoted, sexist hate than we are in now.

Why?

He seems to condemn the western meddling in the Middle East, and I've not noticed him slagging Iran. He also seems conciliatory to wards Russia - in contrast to the current govt who seem to be doing all they can to provoke Russia. Has he said anything about China?

You just don't get it do you? Trump is a classic populist. That means he says whatever he thinks people want to hear. In hindsight people have understood meddling in the middle east was a mistake, so of course Trump claims to have been against it all along, although HE supported the war on Iraq and HE pushed for intervention in Libya. Now of course he blames Clinton and Obama for it... Its all lies, nothing more. Based on previous statements he is as war hungry as any general.
    jobo wrote: »
    I still don't get this.

Why?

You just don't get it do you? Trump is a classic populist. That means he says whatever he thinks people want to hear. In hindsight people have understood meddling in the middle east was a mistake, so of course Trump claims to have been against it all along, although HE supported the war on Iraq and HE pushed for intervention in Libya. Now of course he blames Clinton and Obama for it... Its all lies, nothing more. Based on previous statements he is as war hungry as any general.
    Thanks @jobo.
    I actually like this tweet from Harry Enten:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">All it takes is 3 out of every 100 Trump supporters to flip to Clinton for this to turn into a double-digit blowout.</p>— (((Harry Enten))) (@ForecasterEnten) <a href=" 8, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    This is an interesting article:

http://us.cnn.com/2016/10/09/opinions/trump-tape-doesnt-matter-opinion-robbins/index.html

I know, it's from 'Clinton's' News Network, but I don't give a damn. There are quite some good points in it. Obviously the writer wants Clinton to win, but the writer is realistic enough that a Trump win is still possible, even after 'Pussygate'. Call it a warning of some sort.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Oh, for the love of Christ, is it actually being called "Pussygate"? That actually sounds just as demeaning as everything Trump's actually said.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Every controversial thing these days has gate stamped on the end of it.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Donaldgate.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Thank god gates aren't known to be controversial, otherwise we'd have to endure media reports on "Gategate," which just doesn't have a nice ring to it.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Donaldgate.

I first read that as Donald Duck! =))
    duck.jpg?1460079975
    Good lord.

It's been shocking to me, after the debate, to hear so many saying Trump matched Clinton or "saved face."

What I saw was an utter, inarguable, poor and downright embarrassing performance from this so-called "Alpha Male" (more like Zed Male).

In a debate where Clinton kept on message, diverted her answers away from ad hominem personal attacks (the Trump method) to the actual issues of the people who this town hall was for, spoke directly to the people, looked them in the eyes and called them by name, we had Trump interrupting, being disrespectful, piggish and endlessly insulting to the moderators and his opponent, and stalking Clinton on the floor like a dreaded peeping tom or droning around his chair in circles like he was lost.

His message was poor when he actually answered the questions and didn't divert from saying anything of substance (which he failed to actually do 90% of the damn time), his body language was laughable and made that of Bush Sr.'s during his town hall with Clinton look stoic and in command by comparison. Trump never allowed Hillary the floor to speak, outwardly walked in her space and refused to give her the respect she gave him the entire debate, as she always gave him the room to speak his mind, however erroneous the comments were that were flying out of his mouth.

If the first debate showed a shaky performance from Trump (so say the media), this one should be called a downright level 5 Richter scale earthquake that could see him fall in between the monolithic cracks that have continued to form in his "campaign" between now and debate 3.

For those that still choose to stand with this absolute embarrassment to this nation and to our homo sapiens species as a whole, you deserve to face the full brunt of all the mistakes your decision to elect Trump would bring to all our doorsteps.

What a fucking world this is.
    I wish he could automatically be disqualified from the election and have someone intelligent, respectful and reasonable take his place. What an overgrown childish mop head.
    @Murdock, many republican higher ups want to swap his sorry ass for Pence, but they hitched their wagon to this dimwit horse and now, the GOP will feel the effects of their choice to stick with him this long many years after this election ends.

Paul Ryan has tough days ahead. Does he choose to reluctantly continue supporting Trump for the good of his party while singlehandedly disgracing the family and party values he says he represents, or does he stand up and speak out against the wrongs he sees spilling out of Trump, even if it ultimately damages the standing of him and his political party forever afterward?

I bet he tearfully misses the days when he was only known as Romney's running mate, and not in the whipping position he's made for himself during this race. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost...
  • In a debate where Clinton kept on message, diverted her answers away from ad hominem personal attacks (the Trump method) to the actual issues of the people who this town hall was for, spoke directly to the people, looked them in the eyes and called them by name, we had Trump interrupting, being disrespectful, piggish and endlessly insulting to the moderators and his opponent, and stalking Clinton on the floor like a dreaded peeping tom or droning around his chair in circles like he was lost.
    While you're right about Trump with diversions, I'd like to point out that Clinton had many diversions as well; notably though, she wasn't called out for it. I'll be curious to see how much bias will come through from Wallace (Fox News) for the last debate.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Aren't we all glad now the hotel wasn't called Waterhole!
    Thank god gates aren't known to be controversial, otherwise we'd have to endure media reports on "Gategate," which just doesn't have a nice ring to it.
    Oh, for the love of Christ, is it actually being called "Pussygate"? That actually sounds just as demeaning as everything Trump's actually said.

=))
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    I know nothing of American politics but my layman's opinion is that with these two candidates the phrase 'rock and a hard place' springs to mind.
    Not to mention bottom of the barrel.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I watched the last half, and what I saw was a Hillary who was lying through her teeth much of the time.
    Just watched the foreign policy segment of the debate. It is just so obvious that Trump has absolutely no idea about the situation in the Middle East. His lack of knowledge is striking, and all he does is blaming Obama and Hillary for anything wrong.
    That sequence is the best example of what I am talking about.
    Then you need to tell me where she was lying. Trump on his side did numerous times.

She is blaming Russia and the Syrian govt for everything, when we all know it is the US and its partners who violate international law there.
    Of course, they lie through their teeth -Both! What do you expect? The truth? Now that is funny. In the end, it doesn't matter all that much, who will win. They are equally bad in their own right. America and the world is arsed either way. If I had to, I would still vote for Trump to interrupt as much as possible the fine strings of the machinery and see, what comes out of THAT. Nothing much for sure. But the choices are shit, so there ARE really no choices.
This discussion has been closed.