The Next American President Thread (2016)

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    This has got to be the Presidential election from the Bizarro Universe. Let me make sure I've got this right: The Republicans are generally the more conservative of the two parties, and Herr Trump has spent several months trying to convince Republican voters of his conservative. Okay so far. But now we have the Republican nominee for President of the USA -- the conservative Mr. Trump -- appearing on Russian TV, praising Vladimir Putin, the head totalitarian in in Russia, and comparing him favorably to the current American President. Oh, and Mr. Trump is also concurrently doing his best to stir up trouble for the President of Mexico, our neighbor to the South, a country with whom we've been on reasonably friendly terms with ever since before I was born. Can somebody please tell me when I crossed over into the Bizarro Universe and how I can get back to reality again?

It gets more bizarre: the same knuckleheads who cheer Trump's love for Putin will also, in the same breath, loudly accuse a football player of being unpatriotic for sitting during the national anthem.
    Oh, so you don't want peace with Russia. Interesting. Putin right now is the one, who is not trying to force a war onto people. The US tries to force war on him.

Oh and why don't you talk about Hillarys recent show of true colors when attacking the Trump voters. Now that will bring her in - no excuses will make THAT disappear from her already black weste.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Oh, so you don't want peace with Russia. Interesting. Putin right now is the one, who is not trying to force a war onto people. The US tries to force war on him.

I'm sorry @Germanlady but as far as I know Russia's the only one of the two who's invaded their neighbouring country after stirring up unrest. And if you have any clue of what's going on in the Ukraine you wouldn't be so pro Putin.

Making peace doesn't mean you have to praise the opposition.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The nazi coup in Ukraine was supported by the EU and NATO.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    The nazi coup in Ukraine was supported by the EU and NATO.
    True, and it scared away Putin's money grabbing minime. Ukrainian politics is a hellhole. But it doesn't give you the right to invade 1/3rd of it and start murdering, raping and killing everyone who opposes you and then have a 'democratic' election to show that you're really there to help....

Oh dear, ok so you really don't know, that US is behind the Syrian war, when they were close to peace and that was not on the agenda of the US, is behind mobilising troups for months now towards Russia etc etc...sure Putin is a bastard as well, but there are bastards and bastards and right now, he is the little bastard in this whole game. What we have and had are false flag attacks to serve the purpose of the powers. Build up an enemy and let the stupid folks fight them, so they don't realize, what's really going on and for WHAT they are actually fighting. Send your sons into war to fill the pockets of the high and mighty. What a joke and still people don't see it. But the truth is coming out step by step now and less people react the way, they are supposed to. That's the good news. Trump being elected would be SUCH a HUGE punch in the face of those, who need Hillary to serve their purpose. Trump has his own agends, sure, but he is less of a marionette and that alone should make him president.
    It isn't the Americans mobilising at the Ukrainian border. And the Ukrainian soldiers hardly fight because they're not getting paid while the politicians drive fancy cars paid for by the US and EU. Syria meanwhile has gotten so complicated that everyone is fighting his own enemies as well as his own allies. All of them.

Now how would you think Trump would solve this?

Even worse, Kim Jung Un now has nuclear weapons, and like Trump, has no idea what the MAD (Mutual Assured Destruction) consists off. Clinton does.

I don't see a solution to the Syrian conflict, or the Ukrainian one, except for all major parties to retreat. That includes Putin. And sure, there's a lot of people making money out of weapons deals, but why do you think it's the Americans only? Most rebels shoot with Russian guns! So why do you think Putin is just small fry?

Voting Trump won't stop Puting selling guns to Assad or the rebels in the Ukraine. But it will endanger the world more because of an insane dictator in North Korea.

• edited September 2016 Posts: 6,601
    Your view seems a bit one sided to me. What will Trump do or not, what will Putin do or not are your questions. Good questions but just a part of the grand scale. Ask yourself, where lay the interests of the different parties. What is the - not to be seen or read in mainstream media - real interest of the US, of Merkels Germany, as proper puppet of the US and so on. Just imagine, that nothing we think is true or even close. What I say is - Trump is an ego directed showman with some bad ideas surely, but overall I don't see him in the world domination jacket. I see him as someone, who might surprise us, because after most likely not thinking, he would get this far, he might want to prove, he can do some good AND has more chance to do so, if he chooses this route.
    Whereas Clinton is an ego directed puppet, who doesn't have a chance to be decent, even if she wanted to, which she doesn't. She is up to her neck already and from the start in the hands of the powers, who finance her mostly, don't let yourself be kidded by fundraisers and even there - who rule this world and who have nothing but money and world domination on their minds. And too many people we have anyway in their mind. Too many people make it more difficult. Destabilise Europe, for example, as they do it with the refugees (not by mistake. All goes as planned as far as this is concerned). Plus poison the food and the air and go from there.

Its a game of check - imagine two players moving the figures. The figures don't realise, they are not moving on their own, but move they do, where they are placed.

But like I said, some awakening is happening and more and more they get pissed on their parade. But not enough by far. Only a clear awareness of what and WHY things happen, can help.
    Dear GermanLady, I beg to differ intensely with you. If the U. S. was looking for world domination(which we are not), it would with the approval and consent of Germany. There are 58,000+ U. S. uniformed military personnel in Germany today. And add a few thousand more of black baggers. Then add the cost of military bases and hospitals and equipment, etc... That's billions of $$$$ the U. S. taxpayer is giving you so you can have a nice lawn, good beer and nice streets. Are you prepared to really be a world power, raise taxes, build up your military, develop nukes and be the 'bad ass' in Europe? Great! We can use the saved money here in the states on improving our infrastructure and hundreds of other projects.

Don't call us when Russia gets out of line or Syria needs attention or Iran needs a stern talking to. It's your backyard, your problem, your responsibility. And make sure you got the body bags and coffins ready, because you're going to need them. Maybe France and the U.K. will answer your call, but they'll only offer token support and they like nice lawns too. Good at cheerleading and backslapping, pass the brie please.

So make the choice. Step up and manage your neighborhood.
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 3,564

Oh and why don't you talk about Hillarys recent show of true colors when attacking the Trump voters. Now that will bring her in - no excuses will make THAT disappear from her already black weste.

GL, please be aware that I've been actively resisting the use of the American military in overseas ventures for about 50 years now. Every time you see news footage of people out in the streets of the San Francisco Bay area, protesting against American military action, just take it for granted that I'm there because I probably am. I take it personally when you use my remarks regarding the irony of Trump's unseemly bromance with Putin to insist once again that the US is somehow trying to force Russia into a war.

One of the biggest digs against Hillary right now is that she's the candidate of the status quo. Well, the status quo for my entire lifetime has been Russia and the US disagreeing on how the world should be structured without ever actually going to war against one another. If "more of the same" is what the status quo candidate offers, well hey, I'll take it. Better than an idiot who actually thinks, "If he says nice things about me, I'll say nice things about him," because that's the sound of an easily manipulated egotist with no idea of how the world really works.
    As an observer from the UK, did Hilary Clinton have a health scare today?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited September 2016 Posts: 40,490
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    As an observer from the UK, did Hilary Clinton have a health scare today?

I've tuned out of politics lately, but I saw a troubling looking video of her stumbling around earlier and getting propped up by Secret Service as they placed her in a van. She left the 9/11 remembrance event early or something because of it.
  • Today is 9/11. The only health report in the news today is that of Rudy Giuliani, sort of like the reports Chevy Chase used to give about Francisco Franco: "This just in, Francisco Franco is still dead." "This just in, Rudy Giuliani is still alive, but no one really cares."
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    She was probably just Jet lagged.
  • Ah jeez. It being Sunday morning I made the mistake of reading the Sunday paper for my info fix rather than staying plugged into the internet or TV news. This up-to-the-instant news cycle keeps getting in the way of some perfectly good jokes.

I trust Hillary is fine, she just isn't superhuman & got tired out by greeting the public for hours on end. I trust Rudy will survive being the butt of one of my middling efforts at humor. And I trust you all will be well for the next several hours while I'm offline living my life...
  • People apparently never heard of menopauze problems. So that's what people do with female presidential candidates. Telling she's unfit for office because of that? Utterly sexist.
    Now this is going to provoke real questions about her health issues. They wont get away with overheated. Òh and Gustav - trust me - menopause is long behind her.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/11/hillary-clintons-health-just-became-a-real-issue-in-the-presidential-campaign/
  • Well, I don't give a damn anymore. Trump it is then. Populists are impossible to 'fight' these days. Time to commit suicide. And let's see if Trump suddenly creates this new American Utopia.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It's called being human...?...

Maybe she's jet lagged, maybe she's not slept enough. When I'm up for a day or two without sleep, I feel like a zombie, my reaction time fails, my head gets light as a feather, every step becomes a mile. She's running a big campaign that is stressful and that involves heavy travel and speaking, during which she always has to put on a performance or "face" for the public. That's exhausting, to say the least.

I dare anyone here to jump through the same hoops without having moments where you seem out of it.
    Well you know it's all part of the illuminati to make us think she's human, don't you?
    It's called being human...?...

Maybe she's jet lagged, maybe she's not slept enough. When I'm up for a day or two without sleep, I feel like a zombie, my reaction time fails, my head gets light as a feather, every step becomes a mile. She's running a big campaign that is stressful and that involves heavy travel and speaking, during which she always has to put on a performance or "face" for the public. That's exhausting, to say the least.

I dare anyone here to jump through the same hoops without having moments where you seem out of it.

This.

I'm sorry @Germanlady but as far as I know Russia's the only one of the two who's invaded their neighbouring country after stirring up unrest. And if you have any clue of what's going on in the Ukraine you wouldn't be so pro Putin.

Making peace doesn't mean you have to praise the opposition.

and the US does not regularly invade countries after stirring up unrest?

FLeiter wrote: »
    Dear GermanLady, I beg to differ intensely with you. If the U. S. was looking for world domination(which we are not), it would with the approval and consent of Germany. There are 58,000+ U. S. uniformed military personnel in Germany today. And add a few thousand more of black baggers. Then add the cost of military bases and hospitals and equipment, etc... That's billions of $$$$ the U. S. taxpayer is giving you so you can have a nice lawn, good beer and nice streets. Are you prepared to really be a world power, raise taxes, build up your military, develop nukes and be the 'bad ass' in Europe? Great! We can use the saved money here in the states on improving our infrastructure and hundreds of other projects.

Don't call us when Russia gets out of line or Syria needs attention or Iran needs a stern talking to. It's your backyard, your problem, your responsibility. And make sure you got the body bags and coffins ready, because you're going to need them. Maybe France and the U.K. will answer your call, but they'll only offer token support and they like nice lawns too. Good at cheerleading and backslapping, pass the brie please.

So make the choice. Step up and manage your neighborhood.

Yes, that's right - US stationing troops overseas is pure altruism. Just as was the US making UK pay WW2 war reparations (only just repaid). Whilst the rest of the allies were fighting fascism - the US were making money

Well you know it's all part of the illuminati to make us think she's human, don't you?

With all respect, I will TRY to leave the discussion. ;;) Best of luck for all of us.
    Thanks Gus :x
  • Apparently, Hillary Clinton has now been officially diagnoses with a hefty case of pneumonia:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/12/us/politics/hillary-clinton-campaign-pneumonia.html?_r=0

No more rumours now. No more gossip. Anyone can get pneumonia. I had it too. And looking back at (hearing) her recent coughs, seeing her gasping for air, it all makes perfectly sense. It can be nasty though.

So Hillary? Get well soon :-).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Gustav_Graves, I actually think she's suffering from a severe case of Trumpitis, which is described as a gradual numbing of the brain's neurons whenever you listen to Donald Trump speak for an extended period of time, usually ending in the sufferer beating themselves in the head with a blunt object to escape the sound of his voice.

This is why I prefer to read Trump's zany comments as opposed to relying on footage of his speeches or soundbytes taken from interviews. Be safe out there, folks. If Trumpitis took Hillary over, we all could be next.
    Troy wrote: »
    Yes, that's right - US stationing troops overseas is pure altruism. Just as was the US making UK pay WW2 war reparations (only just repaid). Whilst the rest of the allies were fighting fascism - the US were making money

Actually Troy the U.S. rescued the U.K. by giving them a 50 year loan at 2% interest for equipment, food and supplies left over from World War II-charged at the rate of 1/10th of the manufacturing costs only) . Britain was in the dumpster economically and asked for help, agreeing to the loan agreement with payments starting in 1950. We even agreed to 6 years of payment delays because of poor politics in the U.K. I believe the last payment was in 2006.

This discussion has been closed.