Going away or coming back?

Comments

• Murdock wrote: »
    @Scaramanga12, You're the one being antagonistic towards @Thunderpussy, So what if he uses the smiles, I use them too. We have rules here. Follow them. If you're going to be antagonistic and call people names, then you might as well go somewhere else. You were given a second chance. Why? Hell if I know, but at the rate you're going you're going to use that up very quickly.

The fact that you're commenting on something you clearly know nothing about (hint it has nothing to do with smilies) says it all really. Yeah I get it, he's your mate, but that doesn't mean he's already right.

Signing off for a few hours.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    There is a useful four letter word, and you're full of it.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,020
    =))
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    A leopard never changes his spots.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    They do if you throw them in a bath of acid !!...
    edited August 2016 Posts: 16,333
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    They do if you throw them in a bath of acid !!...
    Like this? ;)
    Something along those lines :D
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    And with that, can we put this dreadful argument to bed, please?
    Thank you!
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    And with that, can we put this dreadful argument to bed, please?
    Thank you!

Certainly. I won't lose sleep over it!
    To take our minds to other places the Quincey Jones Prom is just starting on BBC Four in the UK great music dare I say almost as good as our very own JB .
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Would some kind UK person explain what the Proms are to me? I have no idea. I thought they were only at Xmas time anyway. What are they?
  • RC7RC7
    The Proms is a classical music festival curated by the BBC. It began as an outdoor festival, hence 'Prom' (Promenade) but that moniker has morphed into more of a brand these days. They do things across the year.
    The Proms are best explained here
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Proms
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    The member @Scaramanga12 was given a second chance to prove himself to be a worthy member of these boards, but in the short period of time he was back he was disruptive and argumentative to such a degree that the decision was taken to remove him once again.

He may have argued he wasn't given enough time, but from where I was sitting I couldn't honestly see a time when he was going to change his approach.

Hopefully it can be seen that we are pretty generous and flexible when it comes to giving ex members a second chance, but sometimes, clearly we get it wrong.
    That's ok Birdleson, I fully understand your point, and we kind of debated this behind the scenes quite a bit. The only thing that made me hesitate was the shortness of time. I just felt that when we give someone a second chance, and explain to them that they will need to keep their nose clean, don't get into arguments, don't be disruptive, that they will heed these words.
    He didn't, he just seemed to deliberately wind people up. I couldn't understand it, and I certainly couldn't see it getting any better.

At one point I PMd him and asked him about his actions, and he never had the courtesy to even reply.

So, I decided to nip it in the bud before it got any worse and people here started questioning why he was allowed back in the first place.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @NicNac I think it was the right decision. Especially for someone who's been banned before, who's been asked several times to stop insulting someone, then still managing to insult the person he was insulting in the first place in his final 'i wont reply anymore' post, it should be clear he's here on borrowed time. Not replying to you seems indeed arrogant. And though that in itself is not a breach of rules, the insulting is. So I think you've been right to stop this from going further.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    That's too bad because I think he was quite knowledgeable about Bond. While I didn't agree with all of his views, at least he brought something to the table conversation wise. Unlike double oh dad, or whatever his name was, who just bashed Roger Moore over and over again.

I don't disagree with the decision though. Perhaps one day he will learn how to play nice and not be so antagonistic towards everyone.
    edited August 2016 Posts: 17,816
    Yes, he was given a second chance but he seemed unwilling to change and mend his ways so it was inevitable that it would end badly for him. A pity that he did not use the potential of his second chance more wisely. Oh well.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2016 Posts: 23,883
    @NicNac, I observed this scenario unfold over the past few days. I believe it flared up due to another thread that was created which may have offended some.

I surveyed the thread in question and the discussions there seemed perfectly reasonable. It may have upset some, but it's a legitimate thread. I would suggest that in this case, the first shot appeared not to have been fired by the banned member.

He was baited into responding (which he should have resisted) but the pile-on also played a part.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited August 2016 Posts: 10,588
    I think his previous track record and history of constant personal attacks was enough to warrant a ban. In knowing that the mods were generous enough to give him a second chance, the smart thing do do is to be a lot more cautious about the way you interact with other members. If I'm correct, it even seems that he had the audacity to create a new profile called @fetchmyshoes. Mods, you made the right decision IMO.
    Well the decision wasn't based on just one thread he participated in. And also his overall attitude seemed off for someone who was on probation (as it were). I don't doubt he was baited at times, but in those instances he can flag the mods or send PMs.

Anyway, sadly he didn't take his chance, and as I said I couldn't see how he was going to change.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    So according to @Bondjames, I'm responsible for another members actions towards me ?
    He has NO responsibility for his own actions ? I hate to see you on jury duty. If I was a victim.
    Honestly guys, I can't understand the attitude of some here. I guess to some I must be a "Trouble maker" too. So to make life easy for all concerned, I'll take my leave. Returning to the other
    Bond forum I post on.
    So thanks to the many great members here, it's been fun. To the others ..... Well I wish you
    All the best. I'll end with one last smillie. :)>- peace out !
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Christ I'm sick of these dramatics. This is a Bond forum, not playacting 101.

@Thunderpussy, you're valued, so don't let the actions of some other, overdramatic people take you away from this place, and the people that appreciate having you around.
    @Thunderpussy, I don't recall saying precisely that.

A member has been banned for the 2nd time here on account of a tussle between you and he. If you didn't like the thread which he opened, then taking a temporary leave, as you suggested, is fine.

On this thread, words were exchanged between you and he, and he ended up being banned, after a pile on from other members. At the end of the day, it was an unfortunate situation for him. I didn't see him spam since he came back, but I haven't been looking for that specifically. I've had pleasant exchanges on Bond topics with him and he's always been fair to me, as have you.

Anyway, I'm sorry to see you go voluntarily, and I'm sorry to see him go forcefully.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Pussy.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited August 2016 Posts: 10,588

Christ I'm sick of these dramatics. This is a Bond forum, not playacting 101.

@Thunderpussy, you're valued, so don't let the actions of some other, overdramatic people take you away from this place, and the people that appreciate having you around.

Indeed, there's no reason to leave. I always enjoy what you bring to the table.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Just check my posts @Bondjames he was the one name calling, I Never responded.
    I'm an adult, not a schoolboy using insults. Perhaps you could do me the courtesy
    Of actually reading what I have written before confonting me.
    I don't want to get involved in another augment I've, what I thought was a simple
    Statement, I didn't like a particular thread so would take a bit of a break... That's It !
    I don't like being blamed for " Baiting" anyone. I genuinely think, My sense of humour,
    My use of smillies, just doesn't sit well here. I'm a square peg in a round hole.
    I don't want to drag this out and only responded as once again BondJames was supporting
    Scaramanga12, and twist the facts.
    As I have never used an insulting adjective to any member here.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The drama...

Why not wait until you get banned? You are not excused from this table yet, young man.
    @Thunderpussy, I don't have any quarrel with you. I just wasn't happy about the pile on (and hate to see that here, no matter who it is) because I know what is going to happen once that starts.

I think he may have taken offence to your mentioning that he was a spammer in your opening post on this thread yesterday, and he started getting defensive on account of that and responded. He shouldn't have responded that way, and he has paid a sad price for that.

Again, I hope you and I can end this on friendly terms if you are in fact leaving us, and I hope you don't. I've always enjoyed our discussions on Bond, and I try not to take anything too seriously on here. I just don't like seeing members getting banned because everyone brings something new and interesting to this forum imho, especially you.