"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• RC7RC7
    Sanchairs wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Enjoyed the game last night, early days and some improvement will come. Man United have a squad to challenge for the title again, Jose is doing wonders with Fellaini credit to both.

To be honest Southampton should've scored twice before VUE were gifted their very lucky opening goal. Early days and I'm waiting for the M crass moment of the season and the melt down with the press or players or officials. VUE should have chosen a more classy manager.

Brilliant. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Southampton were banging in shots aimlessly. De Gea watched three epsiodes of Corrie on catch up on his iPnone while they were debating what to do with their possession. 13 shots, 1 on target, no goals. If we'd moved out of second gear they'd have been destroyed.

sigh-shake of head.

Care to elaborate? Forums are for discussion, not a log book of anatomical movements.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Enjoyed the game last night, early days and some improvement will come. Man United have a squad to challenge for the title again, Jose is doing wonders with Fellaini credit to both.

To be honest Southampton should've scored twice before VUE were gifted their very lucky opening goal. Early days and I'm waiting for the M crass moment of the season and the melt down with the press or players or officials. VUE should have chosen a more classy manager.

Give it a rest mate. God knows we all hate the scum but you're just making a fool of yourself.

How was the first goal very lucky? Rooney puts the ball right on his strike partner's head and Zlatters out jumps the defender. You can blame Utd if Southampton's defence was static.

Give it a rest mate. God knows we all hate the scum but you're just making a fool of yourself.

How was the first goal very lucky? Rooney puts the ball right on his strike partner's head and Zlatters out jumps the defender. You can blame Utd if Southampton's defence was static.

Not foolish dude, just not into the hype - let's wait 5 games for everyone before we talk about teams being in first gear or second gear...I'll temper my views as I can't control myself when VUE are mentioned...football chat without the heat from now on dude.....
    Ok, what is VUE?
    HAL = IBM

VUE =
    HAL = IBM

VUE =

This guy needs serious help. Literally off his nut.

more of the same today

• Sanchairs wrote: »

Not foolish dude, just not into the hype - let's wait 5 games for everyone before we talk about teams being in first gear or second gear...I'll temper my views as I can't control myself when VUE are mentioned...football chat without the heat from now on dude.....

Are you from Liverpool? Do you go to any of their games?
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    HAL = IBM

VUE =

UTD.....?

• RC7RC7
    more of the same today

Well, it was certainly 2-0.
    Presumably @Sanchairs that utter pigshit I just witnessed was down to Utd paying off the ref, Burnley players to play well and our players to play like retards?

They are bastards aren't they controlling every aspect of the modern game so that they win matches comfortably and we play shit?
    Presumably @Sanchairs that utter pigshit I just witnessed was down to Utd paying off the ref, Burnley players to play well and our players to play like retards?

They are bastards aren't they controlling every aspect of the modern game so that they win matches comfortably and we play shit?

We were the authors of all our own pain.
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 6,432

Refreshing to see got a good feeling for this season, brilliant!
    Who do Man Utd face next?
  • RC7RC7
    vzok wrote: »

Hull.
  • GBFGBF
    Brazil has its revenge but it was very close yesterday....
    edited August 2016 Posts: 9,117

I'm sure @Sanchairs knows given he is stalking them.
    GBF wrote: »

This was what the BBC commentator seemed to think and certainly Neymar and the crowd seemed to agree.

Sorry but winning an Olympic gold against a German side where the only player I recognised was Arsenal's Serge Gnabry (says it all) does not come anywhere near to atoning for being raped 7-1 in a World Cup semi at home.

This is a competition so full of the world's best talent that Honduras are making the semis FFS.
  • RC7RC7
    edited August 2016 Posts: 10,512

I'm sure @Sanchairs knows given he is stalking them.

This was what the BBC commentator seemed to think and certainly Neymar and the crowd seemed to agree.

Sorry but winning an Olympic gold against a German side where the only player I recognised was Arsenal's Serge Gnabry (says it all) does not come anywhere near to atoning for being raped 7-1 in a World Cup semi at home.

This is a competition so full of the world's best talent that Honduras are making the semis FFS.

You got there before me. Who gives a toss about Olympic football? Sorry, but the only way you avenge such an almighty bumming is to do it to the German's on their soil in a WC and that won't be happening any time soon.
  • GBFGBF
    For Neymar the Olympics was at least more important than the continental football tournament. It was also the most watched sports event in Brazil during the Olympics. They took it very seriously. Also keep in mind that these U23 players reflect the future qualities of a national team.
    For Neymar the Olympics was at least more important than the continental football tournament. It was also the most watched sports event in Brazil during the Olympics. They took it very seriously. Also keep in mind that these U23 players reflect the future qualities of a national team.

That's only because there's only one sport anyone in Brazil gives the slightest toss about.

You prove my point for me. The very fact that it is U23 means it's a secondary tournament.

• RC7RC7

Football shouldn't even be in it. The greatest part of the Olympics is watching Jonny Nobody (wherever they happen to be from) doing extraordinary things in their chosen field, the more obscure the better. I honestly have no interest in watching the multi-millionaire playboy, Neymar, defeating a second string German side to a medal. I want to see a bloke from Guildford taking the piss out of the field, in a canoe.
    RC7 wrote: »
    I honestly have no interest in watching the multi-millionaire playboy, Neymar, defeating a second string German side to a medal. I want to see a bloke from Guildford taking the piss out of the field, in a canoe.

Lovely stuff.
  • GBFGBF
    I agree and also think that Football should not be in the Olympics mainly because of the fact that the matches do not even take place in Rio and that it really feels like any different tournament that incidently happen to be in the same country. Furthermore, many countries do not take it so very seriously. The German players met five days before the first match for the first time. However, they showed how much they really care for the Olympics since they saw it as a great and unique chance; even though they get no money for it. They even stayed the last four days (when they finally arrived in Rio) in the Olympic Village. Other millionairs would not do that.
    Leeds United fan with a soft spot for Liverpool here. Not sure how well that'll go down on this forum. :D
    Urgh......
    @barryt007 What?? :)
    Liverpool...meh...
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Mikah21 wrote: »
    Leeds United fan with a soft spot for Liverpool here. Not sure how well that'll go down on this forum. :D

My dad hates Leeds more than he hates the mancs! ... something to do with bremner getting keegan sent off in the charity shield or something, and the infamous dirty Leeds tag.
    Anyway... I'm allowing it, the more reds the better on here :)

@barryt007 Only a soft spot, because I went to Uni there! Who'd you support?
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 19,339
    Me,i'm a proud Gooner,gal !!! :-bd