DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Gerard, Wonder Woman is over 5,000 years old, so the difference in time between WWI and WWII is like a splinter of time in her total existence. They could have featured either war, but I'm glad we're getting WWI as it's a more interesting picture of developing America, and WWII has been played out so much in films that something other than that will be refreshing to see, even if the differences aren't massive in look and feeling.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited August 2016 Posts: 4,151
    From the Instagram page of Henry Cavill. Black suit perhaps?

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I really hope they don't show us the resurrection suit before the film comes out. I don't want that moment, where Superman rises from his grave, to be a reveal the equivalent of Doomsday in the second BvS trailer, ie. something we didn't need to see. At least we know this reveal is coming.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I really hope they don't show us the resurrection suit before the film comes out. I don't want that moment, where Superman rises from his grave, to be a reveal the equivalent of Doomsday in the second BvS trailer, ie. something we didn't need to see. At least we know this reveal is coming.

Sadly, that appears to be the state of cinema anymore: show, hint at, reveal, and spoil as much as possible before the film releases. I can't remember the last time I was surprised by a cameo in a movie, or found a ground-breaking twist that hadn't been leaked/spoiled to death beforehand.
    edited August 2016 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Sadly, that appears to be the state of cinema anymore: show, hint at, reveal, and spoil as much as possible before the film releases. I can't remember the last time I was surprised by a cameo in a movie, or found a ground-breaking twist that hadn't been leaked/spoiled to death beforehand.

@Creasy47, and even if you avoid all the trailers for a movie, you hear other moviegoers discussing its contents, or hear a news blurb about the reveal or spoiler, or stumble upon an article that spoils something about the film in its title while you're checking e-mail. It's quite inescapable, sadly.

There's no longer a choice that can be made by film fans like us to abstain from being spoiled for movies, and these kinds of films especially. We just have to protect ourselves, cover our ears and divert our eyes as much as possible, as it's impossible to eradicate or change the approach of the marketing team for these studio films, who so often seem to fear nobody will show up for a film, so they have to tease as much as possible to get butts in seats, no matter how big or small the spoilers are.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    From the Instagram page of Henry Cavill. Black suit perhaps?

Wtf! I was scrolling through my Instagram feed and just skimmed right over that post without letting what I was seeing sink in.

Perhaps it's just a grayscale image of the normal suit?
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited August 2016 Posts: 4,151
    That could be the case but, with all internet talk about it, I'm not sure. Either way, I hope we don't get too many spoilers. A real problem with trailers/set photos etc. nowadays.
    If it is a regeneration suit, where could it have come from? A buddy and I we're talking about this earlier. They're gonna have to explain it somehow.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

In my attempt to try and fathom what WB/DC are upto I was rewatching clips from superman 1 and 2 and even smallville and I became overwhelmed with emotion. I was happy seeing superman being superman...the charm and heroic charisma touched me like never before and then with Williams' theme playing, it just took me over the edge and matters started to form...if they can get Williams' theme to play when Superman makes a hopeful triumphant return I'm willing to forgive a lot of the bs crimes against fans and the general practice of movie-making WB/DC have committed.
    @Seven_Point_Six_Five, since the suit is literal Kryptonian technology, maybe they could have the suit be able to sense when Superman's vitals crash, making the suit enter its black and white form in an effort to absorb more of the sun coming down on Superman while he was in stasis to eventually accumulate enough energy to reinvigorate his cells and restart his system. Like a black top on a summer day, the sun would absorb into the suit and Superman's body and cells, allowing him to rise again.

It'll be interesting to see how they go about explaining all this. And I hope it doesn't involve Darkseid bringing him back to use him as a pawn. I'm done with unheroic Superman at this point.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Unless there is just another suit in the scout ship or something, that's how I think it should be done, some kind of bio-interaction.

It would make sense too considering the suit was impervious to bullets, explosions, etc. while Supes wore when fully powered. But when he was feeling the effects of Kryptonite, the suit was able to be penetrated by Doomsday.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Unless there is just another suit in the scout ship or something, that's how I think it should be done, some kind of bio-interaction.

It would make sense too considering the suit was impervious to bullets, explosions, etc. while Supes wore when fully powered. But when he was feeling the effects of Kryptonite, the suit was able to be penetrated by Doomsday.

@Seven_Point_Six_Five, there's definitely some hidden science the suit works under that I don't think they've really gone into, or maybe haven't thought too hard about. I'm sure that at the very least the suit can re-bond itself if it gets damaged (as it is by Doomsday when he stabs Superman), so I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was also able to change based on the environment it's in or alter itself in accordance with whatever Superman's vitals are reading, as I suggested.

At this point, they could explain it in a stupid way and I'd be able to brush it off if we just got to see Cavill finally become our Superman. I want to sit in the theater watching Justice League and feel the desire to shout with glee at the sight of him actually saving people again. I miss that. And no more massive city destruction. It's in everything now, but Snyder amps it up to eleven. Watching Superman smash Zod into structures and cause mass explosions just doesn't sit well with me at all. BvS repeated the damage, and it returned a bit in Suicide Squad too, but thankfully in a much more minor fashion.

I want to see JL break the trend of city destruction and have the heroes fighting on a planet, or with the Amazons; anywhere different. Let the other superhero films out there do the tired old city battles; I for one, have seen enough of them. Since The Avengers they've outstayed their welcome in this genre, and I think that's a large part of why so many third acts disappoint, because they always center on a conflict centered around the destruction of a city.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    It's amazing how DC are pulling out all their big guns way too soon and way too early. They've killed off Zod and Doomsday; and Aquaman is squaring off against his number 1 villain in his first movie.

The Death of Superman is unquestionably one of the biggest comicbook stories in history and WB/DC unwisely shoehorned it into the last 15 odd minutes of BvS. With all that was going on in BvS, the death if Superman should have been the culminating storyline in the DCEU and not the first!

This all stinks of desperation. They've now butchered Joker already; It feels like DC will completely shoot their load after JL. They're irresponsibly relying too much on big names instead of actual characters and storylines.
    This made me laugh!

14022094_577882085715163_8102672702790213868_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=157f24175d3f3bb91f70bbb8c171b1ab&oe=581924AE
  • I made this trailer for the Affleck's solo Batman film. I thought it'd be cool if it was based off the 'Hush' comic:

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I made this trailer for the Affleck's solo Batman film. I thought it'd be cool if it was based off the 'Hush' comic:

You're a very talented editor, @MadeleineSwann
    Warner Bros are the illuminati studio - they have a history of misusing actors with weird acts in front of the top Warner bro brass. I feel Leto is the public sacrifice as per illuminati tradition for SS, which is basically an advert for the cult and the illuminati.
    Sanchairs wrote: »
    Warner Bros are the illuminati studio - they have a history of misusing actors with weird acts in front of the top Warner bro brass. I feel Leto is the public sacrifice as per illuminati tradition for SS, which is basically an advert for the cult and the illuminati.

I mean this in the most polite way I can muster, but you sir are the reason why some people shouldn't procreate.

I mean this in the most polite way I can muster, but you sir are the reason why some people shouldn't procreate.
    Let's please relax everybody, you and me are all entitled to an opinion and their religious beliefs too.
    IGUANNA wrote: »

Let's please relax everybody, you and me are all entitled to an opinion and their religious beliefs too.

Illuminati control isn't religious belief, and neither are theories of lizard people ruling the world from the sewers, two examples of bullshit I'm not going to suffer listening to. At this point in time stupidity is like a contagious, global epidemic, and the more people we can save through the dedicated and precise censorship of certain red flag individuals, the better off we'll all be. Their parents' missteps shouldn't be our punishment to bear.
  • Sanchairs wrote: »

The same freak going on about special needs in the football thread. Having seen this, I now believe you're either on a wind up or you've got something seriously wrong with you.
    IGUANNA wrote: »

Illuminati control isn't religious belief, and neither are theories of lizard people ruling the world from the sewers, two examples of bullshit I'm not going to suffer listening to. At this point in time stupidity is like a contagious, global epidemic, and the more people we can save through the dedicated and precise censorship of certain red flag individuals, the better off we'll all be. Their parents' missteps shouldn't be our punishment to bear.

=D> =D> =D>
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Well said. Everyone knows Disney is the biggest Illuminati player.
    http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/new-batch-dc-movie-rumors-includes-jj-abrams-man-steel-2

DC MOVIE RUMORS INCLUDES J.J ABRAMS FOR MAN OF STEEL 2

Now I think this would be a shrewd move...

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/new-batch-dc-movie-rumors-includes-jj-abrams-man-steel-2

DC MOVIE RUMORS INCLUDES J.J ABRAMS FOR MAN OF STEEL 2

Now I think this would be a shrewd move...

So many rumours. I think we can safely scratch Edgar Wright off the MoS2 list, though.
    Some of those rumors are quite intriguing. George Miller's involvement in the films, MoS 2 coming in 2018, and Deathstroke in Suicide Squad 2 being the biggies for me.

Don't know how I'd feel about JJ Abrams on MoS 2, though. WB may have him in their sights because of the script Superman: Flyby he wrote thirteen plus years ago for them, which had a story that makes the Snyderverse look Shakespearian in comparison:

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/superman/136120/superman-flyby-jj-abrams-superman-movie

One cool little piece of trivia is that, as pre-production for Flyby was going on circa 2003/2004, Henry Cavill did a screentest for the filmmakers at the youthful age of twenty-one, and was being heavily considered for the role:

SUPERMAN_FLYBY_CAVILL.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1386354222996

Talk about destiny! He's been the strongest casting in the DCEU for me so far, and I really hope he gets the chance to show us just how much he can embody the Superman we all know and aspire to be.
    Some of those rumors are quite intriguing. George Miller's involvement in the films, MoS 2 coming in 2018, and Deathstroke in Suicide Squad 2 being the biggies for me.

Don't know how I'd feel about JJ Abrams on MoS 2, though. WB may have him in their sights because of the script Superman: Flyby he wrote thirteen plus years ago for them, which had a story that makes the Snyderverse look Shakespearian in comparison:

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/superman/136120/superman-flyby-jj-abrams-superman-movie

One cool little piece of trivia is that, as pre-production for Flyby was going on circa 2003/2004, Henry Cavill did a screentest for the filmmakers at the youthful age of twenty-one, and was being heavily considered for the role:

SUPERMAN_FLYBY_CAVILL.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1386354222996

Talk about destiny! He's been the strongest casting in the DCEU for me so far, and I really hope he gets the chance to show us just how much he can embody the Superman we all know and aspire to be.

Agree on Cavill. He's a pretty good leading man when given the appropriate direction (Just look at The Man From U.N.C.L.E.) so hopefully we get someone in the MoS sequel who will really push him.

DC and WB missed a trick not getting Paul Dini to do a script for either a Superman or Batman film. Dini has a knack for getting to the emotional heart of these characters and what makes them special beyond all the punching and world saving.

Anybody that wants to read some of the greatest modern day handlings of the central DC characters needs to pick up the collection of stories Dini wrote with the unmatched Alex Ross doing the art from the late 90s to early 2000s, entitled The World's Greatest Superheroes. 6 stories are included in full, with 4 involving solo tales starring big name heroes. There's a story in there of Superman trying to solve world hunger, Shazam/Captain Marvel going to a hospital of sick kids, Wonder Woman fighting for women's rights, and a tale involving Batman facing urban crime that is so beautiful and heartbreaking it brings me to tears every time I read it.

These are the kinds of stories that get to the heart of who these characters are at their best, and I'd like to see these kinds of interpretations leaned upon going forward by WB and DC in order to deliver us the very best of who they all are and what they represent. We've only got one DCEU, so why not give us the heroes we all know and love? Enough of this Elseworld's level stuff we've seen lately.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    If Paul Dini were in charge of the DCEU, the MCU would barely have a chance. The man knows these characters, he wrote some of the best episodes of the 90s cartoons and some damned fine comics. He knows what he's doing and he would give us all quality entertainment, assuming of course the directors didn't then take his scripts and twist them into sh*t.