Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

Paul Walker did add something to the franchise, his character grounded it IMO. Not sure how Clint's son will fair, admittedly not seen him in anything. The films are good fun, I am converted now they are good escapism.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames 'Blood Father' is sitting at 92% on Rottentomatoes, many citing it as an incredibly fun film and as the most badass revenge film since 'Taken'.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2016 Posts: 23,883
    @bondjames 'Blood Father' is sitting at 92% on Rottentomatoes, many citing it as an incredibly fun film and as the most badass revenge film since 'Taken'.
    I'll be there when it's eventually released near me @DaltonCraig007 (still trying to find some info on that). The Infiltrator opens in select locations tomorrow but again not close to me. Sigh.

Given the crowded film release schedule and the difficulty in getting theatres to show films, I get upset when I see potential rubbish like the Ben Hur remake being released. That seems like an answer to a question nobody asked, and looks like a CGI overloaded crapfest (at least from the trailers) - yet it will crowd out several decent films in the local multiplex, just as the Ghostbusters remake has done.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop North Yorkshire
    Chris Nolan new Dunkirk film is already get ng some grief, I had high hopes for this despite a one direction member being cast
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames the only remake I'm interested in this year is 'Magnificent Seven', thanks to the ever-so enjoyable Denzel Washington, and it looks like proper old school fun with minimal CGI (unlike that Ben-Hur and Ghostbusters of this year).
  • ChriscoopChriscoop North Yorkshire
    I do like Denzel Washington, man on fire and book of eli are great movies
    And the poster. Looks like a good role for Naomie Harris, btw.

Moonlightfullwebcombotallposter1.jpg
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 2,081
    edit
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Not really feeling this movie. Seems like a real downer.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Red-band trailer for 'Don't Breathe':

I usually don´t like horror, but I think there´s no way around that one.
    'Bad Boys 3' is moved to a January 12th, 2018 release, and is given the official title 'Bad Boys For Life':

http://collider.com/bad-boys-3-release-date-title/
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited August 2016 Posts: 4,470
    With the news Sony (and Entertainment One) take over Narnia franchise with Narnia 4 i am curious people think there will hire (or it be intresting to have) Sam Mendes as directer and Daniel Craig wil be new voice of Aslan and Thomas Newman composer.

edited August 2016 Posts: 15,696
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Is it just me or do Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt look more and more alike as they get older?
    Is it just me or do Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt look more and more alike as they get older?

I've honestly never seen the comparison until you just mentioned it; now, I can definitely see it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Pitt is starting to look like Marky Mark.
    edited August 2016 Posts: 23,883
    @DaltonCraig007, Allied looks fantastic! This has zoomed up to a top 10 must watch for me. I just hope it's not too sappy and that the trailer properly reflects the mood of the film.

I agree on some similarities between an older Cruise and Pitt. It's not all that surprising really, because they are both classically handsome in that Hollywood leading man way and are both aging gracefully - looking increasingly like slightly older versions of their younger selfs. Reminds me of a late 70's/early 80's Roger Moore in a way.
    @bondjames whoever did Brad Pitt's clothing for 'Allied' should be signed for Bond 25 this very second.

EDIT: Wow, Brad Pitt is 52 years old. He looks very good.
    I agree @DaltonCraig007. It looks to be a very stylish film, and Pitt does look super cool in it as well (for any age). Hollywood isn't making too many stars like Pitt and Cruise any more, that's for sure.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Oh this looks good. Very good.
    In between this, 'Anthropoid,' 'Hacksaw Ridge,' and 'Dunkirk,' my WWII-filmgoing will be more than satisfied by the end of next year.
    @Creasy47 don't forget the South Korean war film, Operation Chromite, with Liam Neeson. Not set in WW2 but it looks very good.

New trailer for 'War on Everyone':

This will become a cult classic. Looks absolutely insane.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Haha! Hilarious!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Michael Peña strikes again!
    First image of Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt in Passengers (2016)

passengers-chris-pratt-jennifer-lawrence.jpg
    I'm loving that dress. JLaw rocks.