Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames I saw the trailer for 'Blood Father' at the cinema during 'Jason Bourne', you'll be happy to hear that Mel Gibson's still got it - some big cheers in the audience when he appeared in the trailer.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    @DaltonCraig007, I never had any doubt that Mel Gibson still has the goods. No doubt at all. In my view it's one of the great crimes of the past decade that he has been blacklisted due to a few (admittedly inadvisable) comments when in a drunken state. I hope this film is the first of many that puts him back on the map. Liam's had the 'protective father with special skills' role all to himself for too long imho.

I'm glad you enjoyed Jason Bourne too. Like you I anxiously await Bourne 5 (or 6, depending on how one looks at it).
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 2,081

Complete-Unknown.jpg

bondjames wrote: »
    @DaltonCraig007, I never had any doubt that Mel Gibson still has the goods. No doubt at all. In my view it's one of the great crimes of the past decade that he has been blacklisted due to a few (admittedly inadvisable) comments when in a drunken state. I hope this film is the first of many that puts him back on the map. Liam's had the 'protective father with special skills' role all to himself for too long imho.

Having read about that whole thing recently I take it wasn't actually just one instance of drunken comments. That one instance is just the famous one where stuff really started to unravel, but it wasn't the first instance and there was stuff afterwards. Regardless, I agree there was some serious overreaction. I was never even a fan, but there is something seriously screwed-up when when convicted rapists (such as Polanski and Tyson) get more support than a guy who just said some idiotic and despicable stuff - even if he managed to offend several different groups of people. (My understanding is that the domestic abuse claims were without foundation.) The guy has some serious issues, but he isn't a criminal.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited August 2016 Posts: 8,235
    delete.
    Ok, so they just announced the cast for Ocean's 8:

Rihanna (Why not?)
    Anne Hathaway
    Helena Bonham Carter
    Cate Blanchett
    Sandra Bullock
    Mindy Kaling
    Awkwafina

(Not sure who the 8th gal is going to be.)

Anyone else really excited for this now?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    'Awkwafina'? That's someone's name?
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    'Awkwafina'? That's someone's name?

Yes.
    I´m more impressed that there´s a Laibach film.
    Antoine Fuqua in talks to direct unnecessary 'Scarface' remake:

http://deadline.com/2016/08/scarface-antoine-fuqua-remake-universal-al-pacino-1201801594/
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Why can't Antoine Fuqua concentrate on 'The Equalizer 2' and his long-rumoured 'Narco Sub' film with Liam Neeson.
    New 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' trailer:

I need this film right now!!!!
    Tom Cruise is the ultimate action star. Great stuff!
    Tom Cruise has not shown any signs of being too old yet, which is incredible! When I went to see MI3 in 2005 I thought " this guy is still an action star? Good for him!" Now over a decade later he is still going. I still say good for him!
    David Fincher is in talks with Brad Pitt to direct the 'World War Z' sequel, which is set to film in early 2017:

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/david-fincher-world-war-z-sequel-brad-pitt-1201819540/
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    @DaltonCraig007, while I'm really excited for Inferno, I have to admit that the trailer is not quite grabbing me like the one for Angels and Demons did. I hope it lives up to my high expectations because it's one of my most looked forward to films of the year.

Jack Reacher is another I can't wait for, but I'm not going to watch any more trailers for fear of being spoiled.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    David Fincher is in talks with Brad Pitt to direct the 'World War Z' sequel, which is set to film in early 2017:

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/david-fincher-world-war-z-sequel-brad-pitt-1201819540/

That's disconcerting. Why are two such talents wasting their time with such a film?
    Looking forward to Never go Back really enjoyed Jack Reacher the films tone was old school which I liked.
    I'm hyped for Jack Reacher and Inferno but I can't say that I like the marketing for Jack Reacher 2. This movie is out in couple of months and people barely even know the movie exist...

Fast and Furious 8 appears to have some disharmony on set.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The Rock is one person I would not fancy messing with...
    Me neither he is probably trying to goad said person into a reaction before filming wraps up, can not see it being publicity.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    He should have just said who it was, because his comment makes all the male actors look bad. I can see it being Diesel making weird creative decisions as producer, though. Maybe Hobbs doesn't have as big a role as Johnson was hoping? We'll just have to wait and see until the film hits. I hope he's in 8 a lot, because he's easily the best character now that Brian has been written out.
    If anything it's got me intrigued to see Dwayne/Hobbs in scenes and see how he is interacting with the cast, The Rock IMO gave the franchise a boost and is arguably it's biggest star.
    Apparently he's in a crazy prison fight scene in the movie that's been hyped up. I look forward to seeing it. I hope it involves
    Statham's character escaping his cell, along with some of his crew, who Hobbs has to face.
    I saw some screen shots of the scene you mentioned it looks good, glad
    Statham is back thought he made a convincing villain.
    @fire_and_ice, if Paul was still alive, I would've loved to see a F&F film that reunited the past villains from 1, 2 and all the rest of the movies from then on as a sinister six type of force who are uniting out of anger and revenge to get back at Brian, Dom and the whole crew with their collective resources at hand. I think that would make for a crazy, crazy film full of all kinds of action and thrills.

It's too late for that though, as it wouldn't feel right going ahead with the idea without Paul, considering that some of the past villains are angry at Brian far more than Dom, and the villain from #2 doesn't even know of Dom in the first place.