DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

Adult? She looks no more than 16!
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    The actress herself is 28.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    But...they already introduced Ivy on the show as a little girl...
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 1,092
    The DCEU is doomed. 3 strikes and you are out! The BO numbers are not good for SS overall, as the drop for next weekend will be massive and it is not being released in China at all. I don't see it finishing higher than 270 domestic and 650 worldwide; not exactly what DC/Warners hoped for. Its budget is way higher than what they claim of 175 considering the reshoots and rumor has it they need 750-800 million to break even on SS.

Wonder Woman will not save them for one important reason: Gal Gadot can't act. She doesn't have the presence needed to carry a full length feature, she's borderline anorexic, and they need to just cut their losses and give it all a break.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wonder Woman is the only movie I think has a chance to be good in the DCEU lineup on offer so far, actually. I think Gal will surprise a lot of people. And anorexic? Come off it with that garbage.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I didn't know an actor's weight and having screen presence were synonymous.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I wonder how much Justice League will need to make in order to break even. 1.5 billion, perhaps? Gotta love how they expected they could do Marvel money on their second movie when Marvel didn't do that well until their sixth.

I believe Wonder Woman could be the best of their line up so far, but that's sadly not saying much. Gal Gadot was the second best part of BvS, and did her best with being thrown into a movie that really didn't need her or even use her appropriately. She looks the part and played it well, I don't know where the hell this "anorexic" bull comes from.

DC dove straight into the comic book adaptation war and expected to win every battle "because", and they've lost each time so far. Give the franchise to better, more loving creators and stop shoveling sh*t on top of us and expecting us to praise it.
    Seriously ticked off, we've been patiently waiting for SS to come out, took my son tonight only to find it's a 15 cert.... he is 13 1/2......bugger..... that also means I can't see it either.So I guess we've got another 4 month wait. So we saw Bourne instead....awesome.

Personally I think Gadot is fantastic, she looks amazing and I think she has screen presence.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2016 Posts: 23,883
    She's growing on me. I'll admit I'm not completely sold yet, but I like what I see so far. Additionally, she seems more muscular than undernourished in my view.
    Gal-Gadot-Justice-League-workout.jpg

Lean muscle Gadot is extremely fit, also she was in the Israeli army I suspect Gal is very mentally tough.
    Gal is one of those women who desire a clear distinction. She isn't skinny, she's fit.
    She can kick my 'a', that's for sure.
    yogi1 wrote: »
    Seriously ticked off, we've been patiently waiting for SS to come out, took my son tonight only to find it's a 15 cert.... he is 13 1/2......bugger..... that also means I can't see it either.So I guess we've got another 4 month wait. So we saw Bourne instead....awesome.
    I'm sorry to hear this, but glad you both enjoyed Bourne. I realize Bourne is rated 12A in the UK and SS is 15. In N.A. they are both rated PG13.
    Right then I'll book a couple of flights and away we go...
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Gal Gadot is the only bloody reason I will re-watch BvS endlessly!

Did you buy BvS on 4K?

I watched a film called Criminal earlier this year, starring Gadot and Kevin Costner. In it, there is a scene where Costner's character attempts to forcefully restrain and subdue Gadot's in bed.

I recall the scene seeming quite unrealistic to me because Gadot looked like she could beat the living daylights out of him.
    edited August 2016 Posts: 9,020

Did you buy BvS on 4K?

actually I did, I hate the bloody artwork of the 4K Blu-ray sleeves but hey, after experiencing Mad Max Fury Road in 4K on my new TV set and my new 4K Blu-ray player there was no going back...

http://4k.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/BatmanVSupermanUHDBDart.jpg
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 6,432
    bondjames wrote: »
    I watched a film called Criminal earlier this year, starring Gadot and Kevin Costner. In it, there is a scene where Costner's character attempts to forcefully restrain and subdue Gadot's in bed.

I recall the scene seeming quite unrealistic to me because Gadot looked like she could beat the living daylights out of him.

:)) I think Gal is quite tall noticed in BvS does not look small next to Batfleck and Cavill, laughing at the beat the living daylights comment.

Did you buy BvS on 4K?

actually I did, I hate the bloody artwork of the 4K Blu-ray sleeves but hey, after experiencing Mad Max Fury Road in 4K on my new TV set and my new 4K Blu-ray player there was no going back...

http://4k.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/BatmanVSupermanUHDBDart.jpg

The artwork for the BD was not much better, how was the upscale is it a big jump from 1080p for BvS? Mad max Fury Road looks awesome on BD bet its mind blowing on 4K still shopping around for a 4K TV ill most likely buy one this year.

Steelbook from Best Buy had the best package!
    Steelbook from Best Buy had the best package!

I looked at the Steelbook in the UK it is £42 currently, price put me off though agree the double sided art work is good.

edited August 2016 Posts: 9,020
    @bondjames

I also got the steelbook of BvS, naturally, as you know I'm a DC die-hard fan :) and that doesn't read Daniel Craig :))

For the full 4K experience you need a 4K TV obviously, but also you need a "real" 4K Blu-ray player, many of those on sale were only upscaling! At least here in Switzerland the first true 4K player only came out this May.

I haven't seen BvS yet on 4K but I'm sure it will be great.

I have seen Mad Max and The Martian on 4K. Both look fantastic to say the least.

MMFR may have been the best viewing experience I ever had on 4K.

I hate to say it. But 4K Blu-ray's are the future (for me) it's the same kind of jump as it was from VHS to DVD in my opinion.

Still, it is all very expensive. The BD costs around 33 USD (converted from CHF), my BD player cost 400 USD (ouch!).

So buying ALL of the 4K releases is out of the question. I'll only buy the ones I really like a lot.

BvS is the exception to the rule as it is DC, I'll buy anthing from them :))

@BondJasonBond006, I think you made a mistake addressing me above, as it's @fire_and_ice who was inquiring about the 4K releases.

I'm actually quite curious about this too though. I'm intrigued by your comments that it's the same as the jump from VHS to DVD. I've never seen a 4K blu ray yet, but am looking to invest in both a player (an 'all region' one so that I can purchase products ath the cheapest price from all over the world) and a tv perhaps towards the end of next year.

Hopefully by then the prices come down on all the equipment as well as the discs.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I saw and own the 4K Bluray of The Wrath of Khan
    This is the best home movie viewing experience yet.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    I just watched, Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice
    After hating Man of Steel, I gotta say, I really liked BVS. It wasn't great, but I liked it. I think it was trying to be Watchmen with DC characters but I dug it. It wasn't bad. Didn't care for Lex Luthor though. He was just a joker clone. All in all I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10. And It was nice to hear a modern Hans Zimmer score that wasn't boring or bland.
    Murdock wrote: »
    After hating Man of Steel, I gotta say, I really liked BVS. It wasn't great, but I liked it. I think it was trying to be Watchmen with DC characters but I dug it. It wasn't bad. Didn't care for Lex Luthor though. He was just a joker clone. All in all I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10. And It was nice to hear a modern Hans Zimmer score that wasn't boring or bland.

Did you watch the Ultimate Edition?

No just the theatrical edition. I do plan on seeking out the ultimate edition though.

No just the theatrical edition. I do plan on seeking out the ultimate edition though.

Ultimate Edition is better far more Clark/Superman scenes, I have both versions though unlikely ill ever watch the theatrical cut again, when you see the Ultimate Edition you will understand why.

:)

Ultimate Edition is better far more Clark/Superman scenes, I have both versions though unlikely ill ever watch the theatrical cut again, when you see the Ultimate Edition you will understand why.

:)

I'm looking forward to it. :)