The Next American President Thread (2016)

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    something nice maybe all can appreciate:
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    something nice maybe all can appreciate:
    Go ahead @4EverBonded, make us teary.
    *snif*
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    TripAces wrote: »
    I have not read the article yet, Thundy, but yes there are tons of videos and memes and articles painting her as the war mongering murdering evil bitch. Like weird psycho evil. Plenty of those going around. Are they saying she is secretly an alien lizard too? They control the world apparently, according to several folks on the internet.

That's precisely what she is. She will probably be elected, as many refuse to see the obvious. The military–industrial complex and the same neocons that supported Bush are now backing her.

https://theintercept.com/2016/07/25/robert-kagan-and-other-neocons-back-hillary-clinton/

As I said, she will most likely be the next president, but don't act surprised when she continues the interventionist policy and increases the tensions in foreign relations. Perhaps something even worse.

The MIC is not going to be taken down overnight by any President, not even Bernie. It is what it is. That will not change any time soon. So making a case against HRC because of the MIC is not a good case. The other options are as betrothed to the MIC as she is--or will be very quickly. I guarantee that even Bernie, once faced with the daily briefings, would sell out to military action as needed. Sorry. Just the truth.

The President's only real job, that can be done by him- or herself, is to nominate judges to the SCOTUS and all federal courts. The next four years are extremely important in terms of enacting and preserving a progressive agenda stateside. HRC WILL nominate liberal justices and WILL do everything in her power to preserve women's rights, workers' rights, and LGBTQ rights. And this is extremely important because SCOTUS justices are LIFETIME appointments!!!

The next President will shape the SCOTUS for decades to come. Do we really want that person to be Trump? Absolutely not. I do not care if Hillary only serves one term and we see a Republican in 2020, as long as those liberal SCOTUS appointments are made by then.

You can downplay the neocons and the MIC all you want, but they are supporting Hillary, not Trump. That speaks volumes to me. Besides, Trump is just a clown who uses every opportunity he has to make a fool of himself, and discourage people from voting for him.

Hillary Clinton in the White House means further tensions with Russia, and I'm afraid the cold war could become a hot war. And that is much, much worse than a conservative SCOTUS judge.

Since Hillary will become the president, remember this when the s**t hits the fan.

So we should vote for Trump because he's in bed with the Russians?

Regardless of who else was going to be President, there were going to be (and will always be) tensions with Putin. I am not sure how that is a sound argument against HRC. Seriously.

No, I didn't say you should vote for Trump. All I was trying to say is what the future will be like with Hillary in the office. Unless a miracle happens, she will be the president. She was handpicked for the job.

You highlighted the first part of my sentence, and the point I was trying to make is in the second part. At this point, any further tensions with Russia could lead to an open war. I seriously believe that's possible.

And what does "in bed with the Russians" exactly mean? If it means improving relations between the two countries, then I wholeheartedly support that.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    In our system, all candidates are picked by their parties and promoted. Has been since the beginning; nothing new there.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Trump didn't even know the Russians were in Ukraine. :D
    In our system, all candidates are picked by their parties and promoted. Has been since the beginning; nothing new there.
    Bernie played the system very well then, eh? He used it to get his message across most efficiently IMO.
    Now to the business at hand... let's get Hillary elected.

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.

I wasn't exactly talking about that, but never mind. I'll leave it there.

You are right about one thing, though - nothing new there.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I have not read the article yet, Thundy, but yes there are tons of videos and memes and articles painting her as the war mongering murdering evil bitch. Like weird psycho evil. Plenty of those going around. Are they saying she is secretly an alien lizard too? They control the world apparently, according to several folks on the internet.

That's precisely what she is. She will probably be elected, as many refuse to see the obvious. The military–industrial complex and the same neocons that supported Bush are now backing her.

https://theintercept.com/2016/07/25/robert-kagan-and-other-neocons-back-hillary-clinton/

As I said, she will most likely be the next president, but don't act surprised when she continues the interventionist policy and increases the tensions in foreign relations. Perhaps something even worse.

The MIC is not going to be taken down overnight by any President, not even Bernie. It is what it is. That will not change any time soon. So making a case against HRC because of the MIC is not a good case. The other options are as betrothed to the MIC as she is--or will be very quickly. I guarantee that even Bernie, once faced with the daily briefings, would sell out to military action as needed. Sorry. Just the truth.

The President's only real job, that can be done by him- or herself, is to nominate judges to the SCOTUS and all federal courts. The next four years are extremely important in terms of enacting and preserving a progressive agenda stateside. HRC WILL nominate liberal justices and WILL do everything in her power to preserve women's rights, workers' rights, and LGBTQ rights. And this is extremely important because SCOTUS justices are LIFETIME appointments!!!

The next President will shape the SCOTUS for decades to come. Do we really want that person to be Trump? Absolutely not. I do not care if Hillary only serves one term and we see a Republican in 2020, as long as those liberal SCOTUS appointments are made by then.

You can downplay the neocons and the MIC all you want, but they are supporting Hillary, not Trump. That speaks volumes to me. Besides, Trump is just a clown who uses every opportunity he has to make a fool of himself, and discourage people from voting for him.

Hillary Clinton in the White House means further tensions with Russia, and I'm afraid the cold war could become a hot war. And that is much, much worse than a conservative SCOTUS judge.

Since Hillary will become the president, remember this when the s**t hits the fan.

So we should vote for Trump because he's in bed with the Russians?

Regardless of who else was going to be President, there were going to be (and will always be) tensions with Putin. I am not sure how that is a sound argument against HRC. Seriously.

No, I didn't say you should vote for Trump. All I was trying to say is what the future will be like with Hillary in the office. Unless a miracle happens, she will be the president. She was handpicked for the job.

You highlighted the first part of my sentence, and the point I was trying to make is in the second part. At this point, any further tensions with Russia could lead to an open war. I seriously believe that's possible.

And what does "in bed with the Russians" exactly mean? If it means improving relations between the two countries, then I wholeheartedly support that.

I get that. But are you suggesting that with Hillary as President, that will cause tensions with Russia? The recent DNC and HRC campaign hacks suggest to me that Russia is threatened by her. How and why, I don't know. But if Russia is backing Trump, then that suggests we, as a nation, need to run from him even more. Given that HRC is a female, that could make relations with Russia even more difficult--I can see that. But Russia is in no economic shape to be going to war with the U.S. And they know it.
    edited August 2016 Posts: 17,698

Oh man, I'm crying I'm laughing so hard... =))
    edited August 2016 Posts: 17,698
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    We need someone qualified to be President, Not a glorified game show host with no political experience.
  • But, @Murdock, "The Apprentice" wasn't a glorified...oh. I guess it was, huh? Oh, and BTW, Thomas Newman is demanding an apology! (Somehow, I don't think he'll get it...)
  • And now, here's a little ditty from one of the many fine entertainers we've lost this year: Dan Hicks (and His Hot Licks). You may not be Thomas Newman...but we miss ya, Dan!

• edited August 2016 Posts: 11,119
    It seems the states of Missouri, Utah and Georgia are shaping up to become heavier battleground states as opposed to the 2012 elections. Several post-DNC polls show this. Who would have guessed that:

Utah:
    --> 36%: Hillary Clinton
    --> 35%: Donald Trump
    http://kutv.com/news/local/utah-could-vote-democrat-for-president-for-first-time-in-50-years

Missouri:
    --> 41%: Hillary Clinton
    --> 40%: Donald Trump
    http://www.politicususa.com/2016/07/29/democrats-surging-hillary-clinton-takes-lead-trump-red-state-missouri.html

Georgia:
    --> 45%: Donald Trump
    --> 45%: Hillary Clinton
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/politics/clinton-trump-deadlocked-in-latest-georgia-poll/415167092?ecmp=wsbtv_social_twitter_sfp

Georgia went blue last time in 1992 when Bill Clinton carried the state. Missouri was blue last time in 1996 when Bill Clinton carried Missouri for the 2nd time. But Utah...that's a different thing. That state went blue for the last time in 1964 after Lyndon. B. Johnson carried it.

This is actually not so good news for Donald Trump, as his campaign is merely focused on three traditional working-class, blue-collar states, Wisconsin, Ohio and Pennsylvania, and the state of Florida. Should the Trump campaign start put some campaign resources in Missouri, Utah and Georgia?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited August 2016 Posts: 8,189
    Not to mention Pennsylvania, the windy city.
    Windy, eh ? A Trump should go down well. :D
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

I thought that that was Chicago?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Probably.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercourse,_Pennsylvania
    There is a town called Intercourse in Pennsylvania, ;)

Probably.

Clueless as usual.

It seems the states of Missouri, Utah and Georgia are shaping up to become heavier battleground states as opposed to the 2012 elections. Several post-DNC polls show this. Who would have guessed that:

Utah:
    http://kutv.com/news/local/utah-could-vote-democrat-for-president-for-first-time-in-50-years

Missouri:
    http://www.politicususa.com/2016/07/29/democrats-surging-hillary-clinton-takes-lead-trump-red-state-missouri.html

Georgia:
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/politics/clinton-trump-deadlocked-in-latest-georgia-poll/415167092?ecmp=wsbtv_social_twitter_sfp

Georgia went blue last time in 1992 when Bill Clinton carried the state. Missouri was blue last time in 1996 when Bill Clinton carried Missouri for the 2nd time. But Utah...that's a different thing. That state went blue for the last time in 1964 after Lyndon. B. Johnson carried it.

This is actually not so good news for Donald Trump, as his campaign is merely focused on three traditional working-class, blue-collar states, Wisconsin, Ohio and Pennsylvania, and the state of Florida. Should the Trump campaign start put some campaign resources in Missouri, Utah and Georgia?

No. He should concentrate on Florida, Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Ohio. No one gives a rat's ass about Utah and Missouri. His campaign is woefully inadequate with regards to the micro-targeting approach of Hillary.

• edited August 2016 Posts: 3,564
    FLeiter wrote: »

Probably.

Clueless as usual.

Nice to know some things never change. Cue Dan Hicks once again...
    FLeiter wrote: »

Probably.

Clueless as usual.

Nice to know some things never change.

He's a politically and geographic challenged person who is lost.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Please stick to the topic at hand, thanks guys.
  • Just a couple more nice songs I think do speak to this political season:
    "I Scare Myself" and "Where's the Money?." After this, I'll go back to promoting the Presidential campaign of "The Cat in the Hat."

• Okay, back to the topic at hand: as many have predicted, Trump's thin skin and predilection to say whatever the heck pops into his head heedless of the consequences, shows him to be a totally inappropriate choice for President. Since the end of the Viet Nam war, military voters have been a fairly safe constituency for the Republican Party. Not any more, not with Citizen Trump as the Republican candidate. The party watches in horror as Trump picks fights with Gold Star families...and now the VFW has weighed in against the Donald. Meanwhile, the latest theory is that one big reason Donald won't release his tax returns is because they'll show just exactly how dependant he is on Russian money. Polls show Hillary with an eight point lead now that the conventions are done. I honestly do hope Gary Johnson is included in the debates, because he'll peel a lot of votes off of Trump from Republicans who just can't bring themselves to vote for their party's nominee this time around. Unfortunately for hard-line leftists, I just don't see the same thing happening for Jill Stein vs. Hillary. Sorry, Green Party -- this time it's the Libertarians that get a big push. You can have your turn in 2020, okay? There, does that pretty much sum up the situation at this point in time? Carry on, everybody...
    I think the Purge is a great idea for cutting the welfare budget, and it would
    Keep the gun lobby happy too. :P

Utah:

Missouri:

Georgia:

And now also a new poll stating that Arizona becomes a firm battleground state. Difference with Utah, Missouri and Georgia though, is that the Clinton campaign is doing big grass-roots efforts in the state that borders Trump's 'future big wall':

Arizona:
    --> 42%: Donald Trump
    http://email.connectstrategic.com/t/j-34549BEAED04456D

Arizona went Democratic for the last time back in 1996, when Bill Clinton won his 2nd term.
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 11,119

You forget an important thing here. Those people are not Republican. They are voting for 'Trumpism', they are 'Trumpites'. It's the same thing we saw in the UK during Brexit. Angry, poor, non-educated whites didn't vote for Cameron's Tories, they did vote for the anger that the UKIP verbalized so masterfully, and to a lesser extend the 'Johnsonites'. It's only because of the lack of a multi-party system that we fail to see how, especially, establishment parties on the right are eaten alive from the inside out.

That's why for instance in my country, The Netherlands, having a multi-party system, the classic Conservative Parties (CDA, Christian Democrats and VVD, Conservative Liberals), have lost ground massively to Geert Wilders' PVV (Party Of Freedom). Especially the CDA was in The Netherlands the 'big one'. They delivered long-serving Prime Ministers and were the largest political force in The Netherlands for decades. But after 2006....CDA was eaten alive and is now only a marginal opposition party.
This discussion has been closed.