Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

And here's another one : american journalist Sidney Schanberg, who covered the takeover of Pnomh Pen by the Khmer Rouge, died today, aged 82 :

jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-356052-le-journaliste-americain-sydney-schanberg-heros-du-film-la-dechirure-est-decede-a-l-age-de-82-ans.html

His story was the subject of the movie "The Killing Fields".
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sad to hear of Sidney Schanberg's death. I have The Killing Fields on DVD. I really must watch it soon.
    Not been on for a while but wish to pass on my condolences to the people who have recently passed away.
    Just learned that Nine Culliford, Peyo's wife, and colourist for "The Smurfs" died on luly 5th, aged 86 :

smurfsproductionblog.tumblr.com/post/147052745745/remembering-nine-culliford-1930-2016-nine

Nine-Culliford-Tribute.jpg
    My thoughts and prayers are with all the families and friends of the many victims in France. It makes me sick and depressed to see all this violence and killing so often in the news. My heart is heavy.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Just horrible. Really sick.
    Just heard about the death of director Garry Marshall ("Pretty Woman"), aged 81 :

variety.com/2016/film/news/garry-marshall-dead-dies-pretty-woman-happy-days-1201817964/
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    He created/directed a lot of iconic shows and movies; RIP, Mr. Marshall. Just realized he also played one of the men alongside Solo at Goldfinger's ranch in GF.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    I have just seen this on the Twitter feed of Sir Roger Moore....

Our beautiful daughter Christina (aka Flossie) lost her battle with cancer 25 July at 10am. We are heartbroken.

My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. RIP
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    That's so sad.
    RIP Christina

My condolences go to her family.
    Damnit ! It's always tough seeing your children leave before you. My heart goes to Sir Roger in those tough times.

And the hts keep coming : I've just learned that singer Marni Nixon, who dubbed Deborah Kerr, Natalie Wood, Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn, died sunday, aged 86. Cancer again.

nytimes.com/2016/07/26/arts/music/marni-nixon-singer-soprano-dies-86.html?_r=0
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Sad News, I'm sure all our thoughts are with Sir Roger and his family at this tragic time.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Thoughts with Sir Roger and his family at this sad time.
    RIP.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Heartbreaking. My thoughts are with Roger Moore and his family.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    What more is there to say? I wish Roger Moore a speeding recovery in these sad times. RIP Christina.
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 11,189
    I wish I could offer Roger and his family my condolences.

At his advanced age, this must seem especially unfair.

It would be nice to think Brosnan and/or Lazenby could offer some supportive words.
    Very sad for Roger Moore. Surviving his children must be a horrible feeling.

And since the "Deadly attacks" thread has been locked RIP to the victims of the terrorist attack in that church in Rouen.
  • Our prayers and thoughts are with you at this time. Sir Roger. Sorry to hear of your loss.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That's terrible. My thoughts are with you and your family, Rog.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Devastated for Sir Roger Moore.

RIP Christina Knudsen
    Sorry to hear that. Damn cancer.
  • MyNameIsMyBondRnMyNameIsMyBondRn WhereYouLeastExpectMeToBe
    -When It Comes to this, Sir Roger; I am Out of words.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    What to say when you don't know what to say gets me every time .
    I've lost those close to me and the loss of a child no matter what age is the most heart wrenching experience that any parent will ever endure my heart is heavy for your loss Sir Roger and my prayers will be for Christina and you and your family God Bless .
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    My thoughts are with Sir Rog and his family.

RIP Christina :(
    Oh dear... thoughts are with Roger Moore and his family.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    I've only just heard this news. Christina was only 47. Many of us have been touched by this disease so we know how it affects individuals & their loved ones. My regards to the Moore family at this difficult time.
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 533
    Are there any "BABYLON 5" fans out there?

Jerry Doyle, who had portrayed Security Chief Michael Garibaldi during the series' entire run, was found dead inside his Las Vegas home on July 27. He was 60 years old.
    And more bad news :

Actress Vivean Gray, who played Mrs. Mangel in the australian soap "Neighbours", died recently, aged 92 :

radiotimes.com/news/2016-07-29/neighbours-mrs-mangel-actress-vivean-gray-dies-aged-92

And the comic strip/book world has lost two of its most famous members recently too. First was Richard Thompson, the creator of the strip "Cul de Sac", who passed away from Parkinson, aged 58 :

robot6.comicbookresources.com/2016/07/cul-de-sac-creator-richard-thompson-passes-away/

And then, Jack Davis, one of the founders of Mad Magazine, aged 91 :

comicbookresources.com/article/jack-davis-founding-mad-magazine-cartoonist-has-passed-away

This year is not good. Not good at all.
    Jack Davis was a comedic genius.
    DRush76 wrote: »
    Are there any "BABYLON 5" fans out there?

Jerry Doyle, who had portrayed Security Chief Michael Garibaldi during the series' entire run, was found dead inside his Las Vegas home on July 27. He was 60 years old.

Yes there's me. I've heard the sad news. Only 60 that's awfully young.