I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Benny wrote: »
    That could be because they had to use a removal truck with a fake plane tail to complete the shot. It's referenced in the making of doc on the DVD and BluRay
    Something to do with Hercules not being able to taxi with the ramp down.

That's no excuse. I presume you're not allowed to really smash a tank through the centre of St Petersburg but it appears as if they did. That's called the magic of movie making.

If this was the best they could come up with someone should have said 'we need to go back to the drawing board and do this again.' Either with models or effects or whatever.

The idea they went with that 'the public are too gormless to notice the difference' is an insult quite frankly.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Wiz it's a blink and you'll miss it scene. Only after multiple viewings of the film would you even notice it. The average cinema goer wouldn't even register it, and it's not as if that would ruin the entire movie. If it does then God help you.
    Wiz it's a blink and you'll miss it scene. Only after multiple viewings of the film would you even notice it. The average cinema goer wouldn't even register it, and it's not as if that would ruin the entire movie. If it does then God help you.

Not saying it ruins the film but the ramp goes from being about a foot thick and utterly impossible to drive up to suddenly being flush with the floor. A three year old would notice. At best it's very sloppy.
    I think you're being a little nit picky with that one.
    But what would your solution be?
    Without adding too much to the budget of course.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    It's interesting that this is being discussed, because I did notice it on my last watch. It seemed odd, but I just brushed it off (how else could do they do that, I thought?).

At least there's no CGI in that finale, unlike the homage nonsense (to this scene I believe) at the end of DAD with the helicopter.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 9,117
    I think you're being a little nit picky with that one.
    But what would your solution be?
    Without adding too much to the budget of course.

Well who says you can't taxi a Hercules with the back open? They're filming in a desert in Morocco not the EU or America. Hardly the spirit of filmmaking that makes great moments a la William Friedkin filming the French Connection chase on real streets without telling anyone.

No doubt the warranty on a JCB says it shouldn't be driven along the back of a moving train but that didn't stop them. This is a Bond action sequence not a health and safety briefing.

Unless of course they mean that Lockheed have installed some safety feature which means it's physically impossible to open the ramp while taxiing? Any plane geeks who know about this?

My solution if it really cannot be done with the Hercules would be to either disguise the ramp onto the trailer better so it looked more similar to the genuine ramp or fit some sort of fakery onto the Hercules ramp to make it look like the ramp onto the trailer. The other option would be to film Kara driving up from inside the trailer so the difference between the ramps is less obvious.

It's strange that in the same film they can build a staggeringly convincing foreground miniature of a bridge that doesn't exist but are happy to sign off on this.

@Benny - nitpicking is why we come here isn't it?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    AFAK you can't taxi with the ramp down completely as you'd scratch an chafe the underside of the ramp. To get vehicles in they use loose elements. All in all, there's no way you can drive a vehicle into a taxiing cargo plane.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Pan Ho is the "Me So Horny" hooker from Full Metal Jacket
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    She absolutely is, wow. I never knew that. FMJ is one of my favorite movies of all time.
    John Terry - Felix Leiter in TLD is also in Full Metal Jacket.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    tanaka123 wrote: »

I was gonna mention that as well. He's much better there than he was in TLD.

I was gonna mention that as well. He's much better there than he was in TLD.
    One of the worst Felix's imho, along with that chap from GF.
    Goldfingers Felix doesn't bother me as much as the bumbling one from DAF.

So is the general in the circus that calms everyone down after the bomb scare in OP; he's the one in the mass grave scene in FMJ.

Creasy47 wrote: »

So is the general in the circus that calms everyone down after the bomb scare in OP; he's the one in the mass grave scene in FMJ.
    He also plays another 'military' man (General Rieekan) in The Empire Strikes Back.
    bondjames wrote: »

He also plays another 'military' man (General Rieekan) in The Empire Strikes Back.

And the Waldorf salad man in Fawlty Towers.
    bondjames wrote: »

And the Waldorf salad man in Fawlty Towers.
    Forgot about that! I love that episode.
  • Big_GeeBig_Gee Wales
    LALD was on ITV4 for the upteenth time last night and so just for a change I watched it all the way through. Has anybody else noticed that when Mr Big rips his mask off and wipes his face he leaves a small piece of latex under his left eye. It then suddenly disappears in the next scene when he walks around the table to Bond. I know, I really should get a life....
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :)) No I never noticed before but I'll be looking for it next time.
  • AnthraxAnthrax Sweden
    The VR-scene from DAD is a reference to the level "King's Ransom" from the N64 version of TWINE.
    I love that level. When I played it as a kid, I'd try and shoot the guys rappelling down before they got inside MI6, so they'd just fall to the ground instead.
    Wow, I'm a big fan of the John Glen entries, and I've never picked up on that. Good spotting @Birdleson
    That is actually rather fascinating. :) And ad for me, I noticed Bond wears a suit in every film.
    The room Bond and Wai Lin escape from when fleeing Carver's HQ is the same room his gala/party is held the night before. That might be the first time I've ever picked up on that.
    Yes, I didn't see the satellite dish near the staircase there at night. Are you sure @Creasy47?
    I think it's the main room Bond runs through, and she walks down the beam. ?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The room Bond and Wai Lin escape from when fleeing Carver's HQ is the same room his gala/party is held the night before. That might be the first time I've ever picked up on that.
    They certainly did a great job transforming the same set to look like something else entirely.
    @Thunderpussy, that's the room I'm talking about. Pretty sure it's the same one used in the gala scene a little earlier on.
    When you mentioned it, it was the first one I thought of.
  • KaijuDirectorOO7KaijuDirectorOO7 Once Upon a Time Somewhere...
    Well, something I've noticed before, but I haven't been able to tell anyone.

Franz Sanchez may or may not be an expy of Pablo Escobar.