Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sad to hear that.
    Benny wrote: »
    Sad news with the passing of Burt Kwouk. Infamous to Bond fans as Mr.Ling in Goldfinger and Spectre 3 in You Only Live Twice. And of course as Cato in the Pink Panther series.
    Rest in Peace.
    Kwouk will forever be remembered for his fine Bond work. Ling was a key part of GF.

Guy Hamilton to his final resting place this year. My favourite Bond director. He also helmed the Remo Williams movie.
    Bond and Destroyer are my two favourite book series and Guy took care of films for both.
    Well done!

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Sadly Muhammad Ali has now passed away. One of the sporting worlds most famous people.
    Rest in peace to a legend.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Very sad to hear that Muhammad Ali has died. Indeed, Rest in peace to a legend.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    RIP Muhammad Ali.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Legend is a word that is often used about people incorrectly
    Muhammad Ali was is and will always be RIP .
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    A blessing really, given his health decline due to Parkinson's syndrome, over the last 30-odd years.

RIP
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    RIP Muhammad Ali.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yeah, Ali was a true legend and icon. Him living as long as he did was a miracle in itself considering he's been in a bad state for a while now. Rip champ.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    muhammad-ali-sylvester-stallone-spar-1977.jpg
    Oh dear one of the greatest, I have a poster of Ali framed in my gym room which I always draw inspiration from.

Muhammad-Ali-on-Champions1.jpg

I did not always agree with things he said and did, though I do not think it's an exaggeration to say that he was one of the greatest men that ever lived.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    3kNivKQ.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    'He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.'

'Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.'

'A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted thirty years of his life.'

And one last one ........
    'It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am.' :D

All from The Greatest, the late Muhammad Ali.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 6,432
    3kNivKQ.jpg

I have this framed...

47135a_lg.jpeg

:)
    I bought that comic book in 1978 and still have it.
    I bought that comic book in 1978 and still have it.

Wow I am jealous, such a iconic image.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    There will never be another man in the boxing world that reaches the level of Ali. He brought a brash, bold poeticism to the sport, where every punch counted, every word eloquently equaled his fists in damage dealt, and every match was designed by his warrior mindset to captivate the crowds. There has never been and never will be a greater showman in the ring.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough."
    Shedding tears today. Glad to say my most prized possession is a pic of the champ & myself and my tattoo on my right arm...my HERO!
    Sad to hear of the death of the legendary Muhammad Ali. May he be at peace now and free of the affliction of that cruel disease.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Very sad to hear the news about Muhammad Ali.

The Greatest indeed. Love the guy. An inspiration to me and many others. Not only was he a superb boxer who moved with incredible grace and speed inside the ring, but he was also a wonderful showman who knew how to captivate an audience outside of the squared circle too. A brave man who was not afraid to stand up for his beliefs and go against the grain. As much a poet as a fighter. A man who stood up for civil rights and his faith.

He faced his debilitating illness with dignity & courage. I respect him as much for that as for his early successes.

I recommend watching "When We Were Kings" or "Facing Ali" as a tribute to this great man, or even "The Trials of Muhammad Ali", which focuses on his exile after he was stripped of his title for refusing to fight in the Vietnam War due to his religious beliefs.

He was irreplaceable. One of a kind. At one time, certainly one of, if not the most famous person in the world.

RIP Champ.
    Just learned of the demise of british playwright Sir Peter Shaffer, the author of "Equus" and "Amadeus", aged 90 :

bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36462783
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited June 2016 Posts: 4,116
    bondjames wrote: »
    Very sad to hear the news about Muhammad Ali.

The Greatest indeed. Love the guy. An inspiration to me and many others. Not only was he a superb boxer who moved with incredible grace and speed inside the ring, but he was also a wonderful showman who knew how to captivate an audience outside of the squared circle too. A brave man who was not afraid to stand up for his beliefs and go against the grain. As much a poet as a fighter. A man who stood up for civil rights and his faith.

He faced his debilitating illness with dignity & courage. I respect him as much for that as for his early successes.

I recommend watching "When We Were Kings" or "Facing Ali" as a tribute to this great man, or even "The Trials of Muhammad Ali", which focuses on his exile after he was stripped of his title for refusing to fight in the Vietnam War due to his religious beliefs.

He was irreplaceable. One of a kind. At one time, certainly one of, if not the most famous person in the world.

RIP Champ.

Muhammad Ali was a guess speaker at some benefit in my hometown several years ago. Kountze, Texas was the first Texas town to elect a Muslim mayor. I forgot the name of the mayor but he happened to be acquaintances with Ali.
    RIP Peter Shaffer. The author of Amadeus. A fictional story about Mozart, yet a genuine portrait of the artist and his art. And if it vilified Salieri, it ironically made him and his work remembered.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36462783?post_id=10153062086371379_10153792660601379#_=_
    I did enjoy Amadeus. Never saw Equus, is it any good?
    I did enjoy Amadeus. Never saw Equus, is it any good?

I must confess, to my great shame, that Amadeus is the only play I every watched of him, and only years after I saw the movie. Last February, actually, although I had read the play before.
    Sad news. We read Peter Shaffer's play The Royal Hunt of the Sun (1964) for GCSE English Literature in 2000-01.
    RIP Muhammad Ali! A true Legendary Icon! ^:)^
    RIP Muhammad Ali. A true Champion both in and out of the ring

I was never a big fan of the fight game. I always felt that along with Bullfighting it is a carryover from the Roman Coliseum but when Ali was in the game, I had fun watching him. He managed to take something ugly (depending on your opinion) and make it beautiful.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Sad news. We read Peter Shaffer's play The Royal Hunt of the Sun (1964) for GCSE English Literature in 2000-01.

I need to read more of his plays.