Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Sad news. We read Peter Shaffer's play The Royal Hunt of the Sun (1964) for GCSE English Literature in 2000-01.

I need to read more of his plays.

Yes, he was probably the greatest British playwright of his generation.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Sad news. We read Peter Shaffer's play The Royal Hunt of the Sun (1964) for GCSE English Literature in 2000-01.

I need to read more of his plays.

Yes, he was probably the greatest British playwright of his generation.

For Amadeus alone he deserves to be the greatest.
    Kimbo Slice is dead :

snopes.com/2016/06/07/kimbo-slice-dead/

42 is way too young to die. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that some substance abuse was involved.
    OHMSS69 wrote: »
    RIP Muhammad Ali. A true Champion both in and out of the ring

I was never a big fan of the fight game. I always felt that along with Bullfighting it is a carryover from the Roman Coliseum but when Ali was in the game, I had fun watching him. He managed to take something ugly (depending on your opinion) and make it beautiful.

They estimate he took 29,000 punches to the head alone. WOW!

Amazingly not that many people were able to watch his fights live on tv. Prior to cable and satellite technology and pay-per-view, most were shown by tape delay by ABC in the U.S., but they were available live on the radio. Families gathered by their radios(just like in the 1930's and 1940's) to listen to the fight. Sportscaster Howard Cosell's career was greatly aided by attaching himself to Ali's coattails.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    RIP Kimbo Slice...damn
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Hockey legend Gordie Howe has passed away at the age of 88:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/hockey-hall-of-famer-gordie-howe-dead-at-88-134058169.html
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    A sad loss for hockey fans. RIP.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    RIP Gordie Howe - one of the greatest on the ice.
    How sad; there are way too many crazies out there.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Such a terrible thing to happen !
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    "The world only makes sense when you force it to."

Becomes truer and truer every day. Such utter senselessness.
    Speaking of crazies, it appears another shooting happened in Florida overnight at a nightclub, with over 20 dead. Story's still developing.
    Worse : it happened in Orlando. Unless I'm mistaken, that's the second shooting in as many days in the same city. What's in the water there ?
    Yep, it also happened in Orlando, just 24 hours later. They're now saying it's over 50 dead, and about 53 hospitalized. Insane.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The target: a gay club.
    The shooter: a Muslim.

MADNESS!

To the victims, whose only intention it ever was to just have a good night, go my thoughts.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Madness indeed. Terrible news.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

MADNESS!

To the victims, whose only intention it ever was to just have a good night, go my thoughts.

My heart goes to all the families and friends of all these deadly victims. I am stunned. Truly stunned. In just two years time we have such shootings in Paris and Brussels...and now Orlando. Let us come together, let us not become fearful, please.....
    It's now the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history. RIP to all those killed in such a ridiculous manner.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited June 2016 Posts: 4,116
    Horrible
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    A nightmare. Enough with this brainwashing.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

MADNESS!

Just read about it. Another terrorist attack, or at least it should be considered as such. Sick, cowardly murderer.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    My sister in law and her fiance were only about 10 minutes away from where that happened. Living in Florida, I also have a ton of friends that live in Orlando. Such a shame :(
    My sister in law and her fiance were only about 10 minutes away from where that happened. Living in Florida, I also have a ton of friends that live in Orlando. Such a shame :(

I was thinking about you when I first heard the news; wasn't sure if you loved in Orlando or not, but I had a feeling you were relatively close.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I'm about 2 hours south of orlando.
    Dark day. It was the first thing I read when I woke up. Just horrible.
    More senseless carnage. What will it achieve exactly apart from the civilised world redoubling their efforts to wipe the so-called Islamic State off the map? That said, I can think of much worse outcomes.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 17,800
    Sorry, double post on my stupid phone.