Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• GideonBondGideonBond MI20 HQ - Netherlands
    doubleoego wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    We've seen 10 yrs of lifts, optical filming angles and what not to show Craig is taller than he is, and it's tiresome. There really is no substitute for the real thing imho. Watching the old films confirms that for me. If Turner doesn't crack 6ft without heels, he's out for me.

My ex is a makeup artist and she worked on one of the actresses that starred in SP who told her that Craig had a bit of a hissy fit because he didn't want her too close to him as she was taller than him, making him look decidedly short.

If that sort of grievance is happening from your lead actor, it would be best for all to cast someone who fits the intended general description of the character in the first place.

Somehow Craig looks shorter than 178cm to me... As for Craig, he's kind of a douche in interviews and behaves like a prima donna more often than not. The things he said about the character of James Bond are unforgivable quite frankly and his "contract" should be terminated with immediate effect accordingly. IMHO.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    suavejmf wrote: »
    GideonBond wrote: »
    Nobody's perfect, ....... except for me obviously, but I think that's a given. :D

On the Turner interview is he tall, or just close to the camera ? :))

Jelly of his dashing good looks are we maybe, eh Thunderpussy ;) Aidan Turner meets the requirements, at the end of the day. >:)

To me he lacks 'star quality' though. He's also Irish which is another minus. He's just ok and looks the part.

I thought you were a Brosnan fan.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    doubleoego wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    We've seen 10 yrs of lifts, optical filming angles and what not to show Craig is taller than he is, and it's tiresome. There really is no substitute for the real thing imho. Watching the old films confirms that for me. If Turner doesn't crack 6ft without heels, he's out for me.

My ex is a makeup artist and she worked on one of the actresses that starred in SP who told her that Craig had a bit of a hissy fit because he didn't want her too close to him as she was taller than him, making him look decidedly short.

If that sort of grievance is happening from your lead actor, it would be best for all to cast someone who fits the intended general description of the character in the first place.

Napoleon complex, I thought as much.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    In the old days of Hollywood, if the leading lady was taller, she'd have to walk
    along a special trench ! :)
    Hiddleston is an complete platline. No depth whatsoever. I'm looking for more than surface level thrills in my Bond. I mean, this is Bond, not a camping holiday entertainer.
  • RC7RC7
    Hiddleston is an complete platline. No depth whatsoever. I'm looking for more than surface level thrills in my Bond. I mean, this is Bond, not a camping holiday entertainer.

You haven't even watched the Night Manager. You watched one scene and took it completely out of context.
    Exactly that's why our Dreamboat Turner is the man for the job. All the other
    choices are as ugly as sin with no acting ability or charisma, obviously Turner
    being taller, has more depth ! If needed he has more width , he's that
    versatile.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I've yet to see Turner in anything. He's certainly got the looks for the part, I'd say more so than Hiddleston.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 75
    jake24 wrote: »
    I've yet to see Turner in anything. He's certainly got the looks for the part, I'd say more so than Hiddleston.

Agreed he does. You may want to check out 'And Then There Were None'. Turner is quite excellent in it and certainly looks the part even moreso.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/srOKFpdNOSk"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In fact Turner could have played all the roles in "and then there were none" if
    anything the other actors were holding him back ! Hurry up and Pick him for
    007 :D
    In fact Turner could have played all the roles in "and then there were none" if
    anything the other actors were holding him back ! Hurry up and Pick him for
    007 :D

Blatantly trolling are we now? Mod? ;)
    I'm merely stating my affection for a great British actor, and it's odd being called
    a troll when I'm agreeing with you :( you've hurt me now, GB I may have a little
    weep, ......... on to my Aidan Turner pillow.
    3b2402e64239e068b153b143abacdafd.jpg
    Eon book Turner now !
    edited May 2016 Posts: 7,969
    RC7 wrote: »

You haven't even watched the Night Manager. You watched one scene and took it completely out of context.

But do you really want someone with that kind of demeanour playing Bond? Tripping over himself with platitudes? I've seen Hiddleston in interviews, he plays up to his charming gent image like there is no tomorrow. Really lays it on thick. I don't trust him to put all that to one side when it comes to Bond.

If you watch Aidan Turner in ATTWN, he doesn't opoligize once. He's a mans man. A throwback. I could see him being a guy who could pull off the "riding the line" aspects of Bond. He could grab a woman by the arm and pull her along, he could cut people off with a stare, he could kill an innocent man in cold blood and the audience would buy it. Hiddleston would struggle to work against his teachers pet, prep school, blazer and shorts, walnut whip, nannys boy image. People would just be left scratching their heads.
    Yes =D> I too have commented on how Manly Turner is. I know many
    will think he was performing a script but it's obvious he's being himself
    No need to apologise to anyone for anything. Get him in a Tux EON !
  • RC7RC7

But do you really want someone with that kind of demeanour playing Bond? Tripping over himself with platitudes? I've seen Hiddleston in interviews, he plays up to his charming gent image like there is no tomorrow. Really lays it on thick. I don't trust him to put all that to one side when it comes to Bond.

If you watch Aidan Turner in ATTWN, he doesn't opoligize once. He's a mans man. A throwback. I could see him being a guy who could pull off the "riding the line" aspects of Bond. He could grab a woman by the arm and pull her along, he could cut people off with a stare, he could kill an innocent man in cold blood and the audience would buy it. Hiddleston would struggle to work against his teachers pet, prep school, blazer and shorts, walnut whip, nannys boy image. People would just be left scratching their heads.

Yeah because that perfectly sums up his Jonathan Pine character and Loki more so.
    if Hiddleston is bond number 7 I might be off this site a few days just so the screams and anger from some will have come and gone by that point

Yeah because that perfectly sums up his Jonathan Pine character and Loki more so.

"Shh, it's only dreams now..."

tomhiddlestoncomiccon.jpg
    =)) Some may well have a mental break down, and need medication !
    =)) Some may well have a mental break down, and need medication !

Imagine if it will be Elba... Nuclear blast incoming.
    Elba, is not Manly enough. Well not in the Turner league at least.
    Turner has a rustic quality about him. Like he could survive in the wild if he had to. Hiddleston is part of this new metropolitan breed who probably couldn't build a campfire without instructions. I don't know about you, but I find some semblance of masculinity is very useful in a Bond actor.

Turner is very much like Connery, a rough diamond. Equally at home giving a woman
    a kiss or a slap.
    Turner has a rustic quality about him. Like he could survive in the wild if he had to. Hiddleston is part of this new metropolitan breed who probably couldn't build a campfire without instructions. I don't know about you, but I find some semblance of masculinity is very useful in a Bond actor.

Hear, hear. Ruggedness is a Bond must-have. Hiddledydoo would probably weep if he had to build tent.
    Absolutely =D>
    Absolutely =D>

Let me applaud your applause
    =D>
    Turner is very much like Connery, a rough diamond. Equally at home giving a woman
    a kiss or a slap.

Exactly. Bond should be slightly dangerous, even for the audience. It's what gives the character that flare and spice. In today's PC world, so much of that has been watered down, the smoking being an obvious example. I think Aidan Turner is one of the few actors out there that could pull off some of the rough stuff, without alienating the modern audience. With Hiddleston it would just look really awkward.

• RC7RC7
    Yeah, Turner with his man bun and hipster beard is at the zenith of masculinity.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Yeah, Turner with his man bun and hipster beard is at the zenith of masculinity.
    Seems like an overcompensation, if you ask me.