Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    @MajorDSmythe, you've no idea how much I love the Morocco segment. It was so 1960s!

I liked the segments on the plane, and when you have to infiltrate the office building.
    Infiltrating the office building of Baron Dumas is tad too hard in the beginning, but once you get used to it, it smooths up. The plane segment is spectacular as is the one on the train (which begins with two henchmen talking about Mormons or something. Haha! Gets me every time!) and of course, the hotel in Switzerland... That's so Eurospy!
    Was trying to remember if I played it on PS2 or 360, must have been PS2. I remember the Train level also, I think Rainbox Six had similar elements obviously not the co op aspect.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    @MajorDSmythe, you've no idea how much I love the Morocco segment. It was so 1960s!

I liked the segments on the plane, and when you have to infiltrate the office building.
    Infiltrating the office building of Baron Dumas is tad too hard in the beginning, but once you get used to it, it smooths up. The plane segment is spectacular as is the one on the train (which begins with two henchmen talking about Mormons or something. Haha! Gets me every time!) and of course, the hotel in Switzerland... That's so Eurospy!

There is a bit of trail-and-error there, but it's that challenge that I liked.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    To any 'Hitman' fans, the second full mission in Sapienza, Italy begins on Tuesday. Brings a lot of fixes/changes, some new trophies/achievements, challenges, etc.
    Waiting for my copy of Star Fox Zero to come in. Will be playing it as much as possible once I get it.
    DC Universe - Online Finally its on the XBOX ONE, it is free though draw back is when I logged on for a second time I was 2006 in the free queue :-S
    Currently powering my way through Uncharted 4.
    Definitely a masterpiece.... it made me finally stop playing Phantom Pain for a while! ;)

2751251-9131702088-ebzxf.gif

Can I just say I find it hilarious watching Nathan climb like a crazy person yet I can't even make it to the top of the wall at the Renaissance Festival? LOL
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Dark Forces II. I bought an assload of Star Wars games on Steam when they were having their sale, now I'm working my way through them.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Working my way through the PC version of Nightfire. This is it. After finishing this game I will have played every non-mobile Bond game from GE through 007 Legends. The only consolation I will have after is getting a copy of 007 Legends for my recently purchased Wii U. I've already played it on PS3 and I don't have the Skyfall DLC, but the Wii U disc has it already on the physical media. Not much consolation, but it's something.

After this, I guess it's on to Bond-like games (probably including No One Lives Forever).
    Definitely a masterpiece.... it made me finally stop playing Phantom Pain for a while! ;)

Can I just say I find it hilarious watching Nathan climb like a crazy person yet I can't even make it to the top of the wall at the Renaissance Festival? LOL

I've still got to try out the third one. I guess that will determine whether or not I play the fourth, since I'd be buying a PS4 essentially for that game alone (and maybe No Man's Sky, if the post release reviews sound good).
    edited May 2016 Posts: 40,372
    Can't get over those 'Uncharted 4' graphics. Downloading all the updates for the game, then I should have my hands on some gameplay and initial thoughts in a few hours.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'm playing through the Uncharted series as we speak in anticipation for picking 4 up on Saturday. I've been waiting for this game since the moment that Uncharted 3's credits began to roll, and I can't wait to see what Naughty Dog have in store for me on Nate's last ride. It's going to be an emotional experience for me.

When these games first came out, they completely changed everything I thought I knew about what video games could do, and how they could make you feel. The graphics were more immersive than anything out there, the action better than the movies, the voice acting beyond perfection, making each character feel like living, breathing people. To see the series continue to develop and change along with the characters has been an immense pleasure, and I'm both excited and sad to see how Naughty Dog are closing this particular book.
    Not to worry my friend, this one is the best of them all
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Master_Dahark, how is Uncharted 4's photo mode? I've heard nothing but great things about it.
    Revolutionary! On the PS4 normally when you hit the SHARE button it takes a snapshot. For Uncharted 4, just press both joysticks and you're able to move the camera around as you see fit, and basically photoshop it! People have already made some impressive shots with it!
    edited May 2016 Posts: 28,694
    @Master_Dahark, good heavens! My first playthrough of the game is going to be around 20 hours, because 80% of my time will be spent running around the open world finding all the secrets and taking cool shots of Nate jumping off things in the photo mode. :D

I fell down the same hole when I played Batman: Arkham Knight, which has a phenomenal photo mode, and 20+ batsuits to screw around in as you navigate the open world. I've absolutely adored my next-gen gaming experiences so far, and I know Uncharted 4 will only continue that. It makes it that much harder to go back to some early PS3 era games; it's just not the same feeling of immersion any more, though it was mind boggling at the time. It's crazy to see how far gaming has come in just one generation.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon

Wow this looks great. Damn shame they didn't make this for PS3 for all users to play, same goes for Batman. Can't justify buying a PS4 for only a few games.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 40,372
    I made it to Chapter 8 in 'Uncharted' yesterday before I had stuff going on, haven't had a chance to play it since but I've been loving it. Find myself stopping wayyyyy too often to take a PS4 screenshot, the graphics are very impressive. Combat feels wonderfully fluid and I like the stealth options littered throughout.

I've been wanting new stuff lately since I traded a bunch in for 'Uncharted 4,' think I might pick up 'Homefront: The Revolution' next week. Looks enjoyable enough, and the first one was a lot of fun.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 28,694

Wow this looks great. Damn shame they didn't make this for PS3 for all users to play, same goes for Batman. Can't justify buying a PS4 for only a few games.

@WillardWhyte, Uncharted 4 wouldn't have been possible on the PS3. It's tech was too limited, but now with the current gen capabilities of the PS4, ND can do crazy, never before seen things in the video games medium that make what they've done in the past look like child's play.

I'm almost finished up with Uncharted 3, then after that 4 owns me. I already put the disc in and ran the updates too.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 3,000
    You people are going to make me spend way too much money on a PS4. :))

I know plenty of great games I can recommend that'd make it more than worth the purchase. The future is now!

I know plenty of great games I can recommend that'd make it more than worth the purchase. The future is now!

What games could you recommend? I can only think of Uncharted 4, No Man's Sky, and Rocket League.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Wolfenstein: The New Order, perhaps? or the new Doom game?

What games could you recommend? I can only think of Uncharted 4, No Man's Sky, and Rocket League.

Batman Arkham Knight is a major gaming achievement that I'd recommend to anyone (a must-buy for Bat fans), and Playstation have a lot of beautifully remastered older titles that collect past games together in one package that are more than worth pursuing. I recently bought the Nathan Drake Collection that brings together all the past three games together, for example.

Other great remasters I'd advise purchasing, if you haven't played them, are Sleeping Dogs and Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, two of the best sandboxes in recent memory that are more than worth their asking price, especially with their technical improvements, and they're always on sale on the Playstation store. I got both for $10 during a holiday sale this past December.

The next game I'm thinking of getting, whenever it's on sale next, is Mad Max. Has anyone played this one, and if so, what did you think about it? I've watched loads of gameplay footage for it and it looks breathtaking. You all know I'm a sucker for sandbox games.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 3,000
    Thanks for the suggestions guys!
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    edited May 2016 Posts: 543
    I love Uncharted. The only reason I held off buying a PS4 is waiting for this game to come out. I can't wait to play it!
    Don't shell out for a next-gen console simply for remasters. You can't go wrong with 'Rocket League,' 'The Witcher 3,' 'Batman: Arkham Knight,' and 'Uncharted 4.'
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon

@WillardWhyte, Uncharted 4 wouldn't have been possible on the PS3. It's tech was too limited, but now with the current gen capabilities of the PS4, ND can do crazy, never before seen things in the video games medium that make what they've done in the past look like child's play.

I'm almost finished up with Uncharted 3, then after that 4 owns me. I already put the disc in and ran the updates too.

It could have worked on PS3, just like MGS5.
    For a slightly linear/open world game like 'Uncharted 4,' it could've definitely worked on the PS3/Xbox 360. Just look at what 'GTA V' was capable of when it was first released on last-gen systems a few years back.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Just look at Naughty Dog's own The Last of Us. The PS3 was capable of quite a bit more than it's being given credit for.
    killer Instinct Fighting games never hold my attention for long.