No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

...and sounds much better anyway. Lies just sounds 'off'.

First time I've heard that one. It's almost universally agreed upon that "Lies" sounds better and is more fitting to the actual story. It's not about Carver's newspaper company being unable to be destroyed, its about the sincerity of the newspaper company.

That's not universal lol. Just your opinion. Well maybe Pulp's too. Most don't even know the title was born from a typo.

My opinion which honestly should be always be universal is that Dies is a bolder word than Lies and for that it works better.

Just about everyone does agree though that the title Tomorrow Never Dies makes no sense. What does that mean???
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Personally I prefer 'lies' because I think it plays into the dishonesty that Carver is propogating via his newspaper.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Just about everyone does agree though that the title Tomorrow Never Dies makes no sense. What does that mean???
    @mcdonbb, I think it is meant to suggest that the paper called 'Tomorrow' will never die. It will live on and thrive. A bold assumption, in the pre-internet days, before the broadsheets started losing circulation.
  • RC7RC7
    Agree with the 'Lies' advocates. It's a better title. Dies is the generic alternative.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    They are both bad.
    I agree that lies is the better title, but don't care much as I dont mind dies. What's more disappointing is the fact that surrender is not the main title song.
    Well I will still watch the night manager to see if hiddleston could be a good bond or not
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    edited April 2016 Posts: 805
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Well I will still watch the night manager to see if hiddleston could be a good bond or not

Do and I'm sure you'll come to the opinion that Hiddesdon would make a good fist of it. I wasn't on board before but after watching The Night Manager I've definitely come round to him.

As for him being too well known, any new distributor coming on board would see that as a safer bet if Craig is indeed hanging up his holster.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I can see them going with a more 'known' actor to replace DC. As someone pointed out earlier, they tend to go in cycles. Handoff to Moore (famous) and Brosnan (again, somewhat famous by the mid 90's) and relative unknowns (Lazenby, Dalton, Craig) in between.

This seems like the time for a cautious handover, but I could be wrong. No reboots or massive directional changes needed this time around.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I can see them going with a more 'known' actor to replace DC. As someone pointed out earlier, they tend to go in cycles. Handoff to Moore (famous) and Brosnan (again, somewhat famous by the mid 90's) and relative unknowns (Lazenby, Dalton, Craig) in between.

This seems like the time for a cautious handover, but I could be wrong. No reboots or massive directional changes needed this time around.

Agreed
    I can't believe so many people are jumping ship on Craig. It's nonsense.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It's sad really.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Indeed it is!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    My first choice: Daniel Craig
    My second choice: Dan Stevens
    First choice: Daniel Craig
    Second Choice: Pierce Brosnan. ;)
    Birdleson wrote: »
    The_Reaper wrote: »

Why is it nonsense? Should we pretend to be happy with him just to match your sensibilities?
    Too many people see their opinion as hard fact on these boards.

Agreed. I have enjoyed his run even parts of SP but if his heart isn't in it then why should we be chided for welcoming change if that is indeed what happens.

I don't think anybody here is saying they rather slit their wrists than watch another Craig Bond film.

By the way that comment is what made me neutral on Craig. Sure he had just finished filming ...sure he had been injured but that seemed a very irresponsible comment.

I've dealt with suicidal patients ...not funny.

Besides I'm a Bond fan more than a Craig fan.

Why is it nonsense? Should we pretend to be happy with him just to match your sensibilities?

But at the same time should he be kicked to the curb just because some didn't happen to like one of his performances? It goes both ways. When someone don't like a partictular Bond movie they just hope and pray that the next one completely ignores it as if it didn't happen. Why should those who enjoyed it have to be punished for the other fans not liking something?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    mcdonbb wrote: »

By the way that comment is what made me neutral on Craig. Sure he had just finished filming ...sure he had been injured but that seemed a very irresponsible comment.

I've dealt with suicidal patients ...not funny.

Oh please.

I saw someone die in a car crash at work last week but I'm not going to start crying if Dan casually says 'I'd rather drive off a cliff than do another Bond film' when some twat interviewer shoves a microphone in his face after a gruelling shoot.

Having respect for the incumbent Bond is important, IMO. He's still Bond, like him or not, and until he makes it official and walks away, he should be given his due respect. Most of what we've seen points to him returning, along with everyone else in the "gang" and that includes Waltz as Blofeld.
    Woah I have respect for Craig I would be thrilled if eon announced tomorrow if Craig has signed on for two more films. But facts are facts and the most recent bond 25 story to discuss is that Babs is looking at Tom Hiddleston to be the next 007 so I say we talk about the story and discuss it when we get a new story (Craig related or other wise) we discuss that
    I love James Bond... Its way too early in the day as to what will happen with 25. Speculation keeps it current and fans debating, its good fans are passionate, though one thing I have noticed alot recently is how negative people are, its crazy.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited April 2016 Posts: 11,139
    I love James Bond... Its way too early in the day as to what will happen with 25. Speculation keeps it current and fans debating, its good fans are passionate, though one thing I have noticed alot recently is how negative people are, its crazy.

See, you're right fans are passionate and they dedicate a great deal of time debating, speculating and proliferating hype. However, for many fans after years of hype and build up only for the movie(s) to come out and come face to face with disappointment, it leaves people deflated and feeling rather underwhelmed by the overall experience and can bring about pessimism, negativity and an indifference towards what's next, especially when faced with 3 to 4 years gaps. Some fans even here can't stand the Craig era and I feel bad for them because that's a decade and counting where they've faced nothing but utter dissatisfaction with this series. I don't think it's crazy, I think it's somewhat reasonable to see why some people are expressing a change in how they may have previously felt.

I remember reading somewhere on here Craig signed a contract in 2009 for more films but it expired 2016.
    doubleoego wrote: »

See, you're right fans are passionate and they dedicate a great deal of time debating, speculating and proliferating hype. However, for many fans after years of hype and build up only for the movie(s) to come out and come face to face with disappointment, it leaves people deflated and feeling rather underwhelmed by the overall experience and can bring about pessimism, negativity and an indifference towards what's next, especially when faced with 3 to 4 years gaps. Some fans even here can't stand the Craig era and I feel bad for them because that's a decade and counting where they've faced nothing but utter dissatisfaction with this series. I don't think it's crazy, I think it's somewhat reasonable to see why some people are expressing a change in how they may have previously felt.
    I appreciate that, fans are always going to have diverse opinions and that's good. I meant generally there is a negativity.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I have come to really love Craig as Bond. SPECTRE cemented that. But if he needs to be lured back then give it to someone new who really wants it.
    Basically if he does one more we win. If they get a new talented chap we win.
    People, it's all good. B-)
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I have come to really love Craig as Bond. SPECTRE cemented that. But if he needs to be lured back then give it to someone new who really wants it.
    Basically if he does one more we win. If they get a new talented chap we win.
    People, it's all good. B-)

Well said.
    Personally I prefer Craig to Brosnan era. Though ill watch either of there movies a thousand times. SPECTRE which I enjoyed is what the Bond series does now and then. You could argue there are maybe five different type of Bond film that are rotated. When the Bond film type we like comes, we are overjoyed. The next Bond film will differ from SPECTRE.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---

thats the problem with today's speed of light / instant gratification / no attention span society... most people are too focused on "what's next", that they can't stop and appreciate what is already here......... this isn't everyone - and i am certainly not saying that all of those who are unsatisfied with Craig fall into this category... but there is most certainly a percentage who (for lack of a better term) 'prefer the chase'.. so to speak...

i often times think about Craig's run at Bond, and how after almost every film - he is met with a question about his inevitable replacement.... that's got to be annoying, and to a degree, I am sure Daniel feels like he hasn't really been fully appreciated in his time as 007...
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    HASEROT wrote: »
    I am sure Daniel feels like he hasn't really been fully appreciated in his time as 007...
    NO WAY! He knows the positive feelings we've sent. He knows the initial idiots (like ME) he's won over.
    Don't worry on him, dude.
    B-)
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    chrisisall wrote: »
    HASEROT wrote: »
    I am sure Daniel feels like he hasn't really been fully appreciated in his time as 007...
    NO WAY! He knows the positive feelings we've sent. He knows the initial idiots (like ME) he's won over.
    Don't worry on him, dude.
    B-)

lol... it's not as if i am sitting here lamenting over what Dan may or may not be feeling... at the end of the day he is just some guy with enough money to buy off feelings lol.... but i would be lying if i said that thought has never crossed my mind - because i know if i were in that position, i would kind of get sick of constantly being asked the same question about "who will replace me".... my answer would be "i am here right now, and will be for a little while.... ask me that question when i am done."

but... thinking about it a little more, i guess with how Dan responds to certain questions - he leaves himself open to be repeatedly asked... if were to come out and give a definitive answer one way or the other, the questions would probably stop.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 22
    Is there any script for this movie yet? It must take as least one year to sort it out, if they haven't already started with it before in the planing on Spectre.