Biggest laugh out loud moments in a Bond movie?

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Craig catching the gun Molloka throws at him and then proceeding to throw it back right at his head.
    I admit, I laughed out loud there in the cinema. :D
    Funnier it is in the shooting script when Bond actually says "Learn To Count" before throwing it at Mollaka's head.
  • "That last hand. it nearly killed me."
  • The one that come to mind for was not really an LOL moment but more or less represented the worst of Bond's wit. Its at the end of the opening fight in DAD when he says "Saved by the bell." Just terrible.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    "I know a little about women" is both hilarious but it's so witty and awesome that I never laugh I just sit in awe of Bond's limitless amounts of cool.
    What cracks me up about that line is it's such an understatement and we, as the audience, know it.

Similar effortless cool is delivered just a few moments later:

"Well... I'm not what you'd call a passionate man."

Love the quick glance over to Domino and her acknowledgement of his b/s. Too smooth.
  • At the "now we know what C stands for" line in Spectre, I was the only one in the theater laughing out loud. Then when M followed it up with "careless", I promptly shut up. :))
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    jackdagger wrote: »
    At the "now we know what C stands for" line in Spectre, I was the only one in the theater laughing out loud. Then when M followed it up with "careless", I promptly shut up. :))

Funny nonetheless. :))
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    "The insurance company is never going to believe this."
    At the end of Die Another Day, when Q interrupts Moneypenny during that virtual reality stimulation, apparently some mechanical figure is being fixed by his hands as he approaches her with curiosity...

"I was just testing it out."
    "It's rather hard, isn't it?"
    "Oh yes... Very..."

He seems to nod his head repeatedly, concentrating on that little mechanical piece in his hand, then he suddenly comes to realization she wasn't testing the shootout, and throws a baffled look at Moneypenny, seeming to know what was she doing. That bit always cracks me up. :D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    jake24 wrote: »
    "The insurance company is never going to believe this."

Always cracked up at that line when I was a kid, loved it.

In TWINE when the guy opens the trunk and Brosnan kicks him in the face.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    At the end of Die Another Day, when Q interrupts Moneypenny during that virtual reality stimulation, apparently some mechanical figure is being fixed by his hands as he approaches her with curiosity...

"Oh yes... Very..."

He seems to nod his head repeatedly, concentrating on that little mechanical piece in his hand, then he suddenly comes to realization she wasn't testing the shootout, and throws a baffled look at Moneypenny, seeming to know what was she doing. That bit always cracks me up. :D

Yeah? Imagine if it was Tanner instead of MP.

"Oh yes... Very..."

Yeah? Imagine if it was Tanner instead of MP.
    Tanner (Michael Kitchen) getting it on with M (Judi Dench)? So much for "Evil Queen of Numbers". :))
    Hrmpf. Not funny. But still made me laugh.
    "How many times have you done this before?" "You're the first!" The audience roared during that scene in Daylights as well as the cello chase sequence. The "when you're ready, Tibbett" in AVTAK got a huge laugh. "Launder it" in LTK also got a huge laugh, but the water ski bit got a huge cheer as did the tanker wheelie.
    Agent_007 wrote: »
    The one that come to mind for was not really an LOL moment but more or less represented the worst of Bond's wit. Its at the end of the opening fight in DAD when he says "Saved by the bell." Just terrible.

It was at that point in the cinema that I just knew DAD would go down hill - that and it made me think Saved By the Bell the TV programme - an odd moment to have whilst watching a bond movie!

"Oh yes... Very..."

That whole scene should have been left on the cutting room floor.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    From my childhood, I remember the whole living room falling about laughing at the
    Line in Moonraker
    " I think he's attempting re-entry sir " :D
    tanaka123 wrote: »

"Oh yes... Very..."

That's your opinion.
    tanaka123 wrote: »

"Oh yes... Very..."

That's your opinion.

Yes it is. I wrote it.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited March 2016 Posts: 4,554
    1. The toupee coming off Elvis's head (QoS)
    2. "Some men don't like being taken for a ride." (TB)
    3. "I told you to bring it back in one piece, not bring back one[ piece." (SP) (the "It tells the time" line is very funny too)
    4. "I'll see you in hell!" (LTK) (Unintentionally hilarious)
    5. The clearly visible stunt driver in AVTAK (another one that is unintentionally funny)
    TripAces wrote: »
    4. "I'll see you in hell!" (LTK) (Unintentionally hilarious)
    Agreed. Another classic from that film:

"What did he promise you? His heart? Give her his heart!"

There are many more from LTK (surprisingly, given the dark tone of the film), intentional and unintentional (these normally involve Lupe or Bouvier).
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2016 Posts: 10,588
    "And a shower might be in order..."
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 1,009
    I'll use the "what could have been" trope and say that the intended ending for NSNA I read in this very same site would have made me go completely ROFLMAO.

(Allegedly, Connery wanted to have him and Basinger walk into the distance while a passerby did a double take on them. He's revealed to be Roger Moore, who looks to the camera and says "Never say never again...". Apparently Sir Rog was very willing to do it).
    That would have been great.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Irma Blunt asks Bond if he is feeling ok as one of the angels of death writes her room number on his inner thigh with lipstick,"Just a slight stiffness coming on....!" :))
    Elliot Carver impersonating Wai Lin always gets a chuckle out of me.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Carver doing the Wai Lin is just priceless and one of my favourite short moments of the franchise!
    Jonathan Pryce is so perfect in the role.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    GoldenEye:

"James Bond. Stiff ass Brit."

Always cracks me up.
    The "Hey Bond, do you do any gardening?" was lost on my buddies when I first watched it in the theatre. They didn't get the English connotation.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    bondjames wrote: »
    The "Hey Bond, do you do any gardening?" was lost on my buddies when I first watched it in the theatre. They didn't get the English connotation.

I still don't get that line. Actually that's a good topic for a thread, "stuff I still don't get".